IGNORED

Forum Says,

bransonmo

We lost, so posters are saying,

Sack SL........... Loves his club, majority shareholder, wont walk.

Sack GJ............Loves GJ, has determination, wont walk.

This leaves us with a squad not achieving results as selected, lets see what we have then.

Defence, Orr, Heywood, Carey, Woodman, doing well enough for this league. As support we have Keogh who had good reviews from Wycombe, and starred in last weeks reserve fixture. Why we start another youngster, Fontaine from Fulham, I don't know.

Midfield, Cotterill, Russell, Noble, Williams, would give us two quicker direct flankers, better scoring options. Seen Williams, he's man size, its time.

Strikers, Well we have Stewart and Brooker, our expeienced footballers for a hard road.

Keeper, Phillips or Basso.

Bench , Keogh, Fontaine,Green, Wilkshire, Murray, Bas, Benyon. etc etc.

Last summer we sold Miller, Heffernan, and Lita, this January we sold the heir apparrent , Gillespie. Then we get in a kid from Luton , is he better than Gillespie, is Fontaine better than Keogh. Not in my opinion. Our manager seems to be seeking a success story from outside our club to hang his hat on.

Our manager may indeed be looking to promote us from division 2 next season, at least we know he is qualified with that.

Since John Ward was sacked, the boardroom including Steve Lansdown have appointed Benny; Pulis the clueless; the gang of 3 - not really a bad decision with Rosenior, Fawthrop and Burnside; Danny Wilson - given loads of dosh and failed due to his 'could not care less attitude at times'; Tinman the sacrificial scapegoat; now Gary Johnson with no money for signings.

If Steve Lansdown and Co were hoping to blame Tinman for the latest problems then the blame has backfired as Tinman had to sell £1.8 million worth of players and had to replace them with freebies. Gary Johnson, with no money to spend, has had to pick up the pieces of a drink culture that flourished under Wilson and free signings that Tinman had to make.

We just can't keep blaming various managers without questioning the football club management ability of the Chairman - Steve Lansdown.

Lansdown OUT !!!!!!

Hello my fellow Cotham GS poster. Yes there are many of us would agree with your thoughts on SL. What we need is a solution, something around his financial control, not easy my friend. Its going to be hard cash, or what ?

There probably are businessmen out there that would jump at the chance of managing this club. However, would they really be prepared to buy out BCFC's £5 million debt to Steve Lansdown - a debt that Steve Lansdown has helped to create? Would new directors want to work alongside Steve Lansdown given his poor record at this club?

Without question there are, and have been interested businessmen. I understand in one instance working with SL was indeed the sticking point.

There was a thread before Christmas by Bristol Boy suggesting the cost could run to eighty million over 3 years. Pay the debt, new stand, rebuild the squad for a realistic run at promotion. Serious money, planning and ability would be required.

Look at Forest still able to pull 20,000 at home for some games, we could draw those numbers too if we could get promotion, or at least some positive directorship to get momentum going forwards.

Should we advertise ?

Archived