IGNORED

How Much Would You Bet?

Guest Bawno

I'm not too sure. It's great that we're at the top of div 2, but we shouldn't get too carried away yet. I've read some messages that go on about how we are the champs of div 2 e.t.c. But we shouldn't get excited. We've a long way to go yet.

I'm not sure what I'd bet though. We'll have to wait and see... :D

Guest comeonyoureds

i bet on city to win the league before christmas with odds of 9/1, looks like quite good odds now! keep positive, its our year!

Guest Red_Alligator

In a nutshell....precisely nothing! Fantastic run at the moment and all credit to DW and the boys. But as far as I'm concerned it's going to the wire. I can see us needing the 3 points against Blackpool on the last day (possibly relying on either Plymouth or QPR to fluff it as well).

There's still a mighty long way (and some tough old games) to go before then.

Oh, and what price for us against Swindle in the play-off final - now THAT would be something.......

Guest bemmyred

I'd put some money down if we were actually playing like championship contenders.

Apart from a small handful of games we have not, they will have to up the quality of their game before the season reaches its climax.

Success wont be achieved by grinding results alone!!

Totally agree with you there, I cant belive though what poor opposition we have been playing lately. I mostly attend Home matches and the only team (apart from the saints!) who have outplayed us this season at the gate in my opinion was Port Vale when we lost 1-0,, apart from that its been like playing Div 3 sides. Agree also the way we are plying we need improvement (I'm talking a few million) if we are to be succesfull in Div1 although with the current swaud i reackon if we were in div 1 we'd be just below mid-table!

Guest comeonyoureds

poor oppositon week in week out is expected in the 2nd division, getting out of there and watching a better standard of football next season can not come soon enough!

Guest cidergeorge

I'm never betting on City again ever (cos it'll put a hex on the whole damn thing). I put a fiver on 5 draws on the coupons back before Christmas during our "not so good run", and I don't remember who we were playing. At 4:45 all five games were drawing, and I was on line for a 98-1 until Roberts scored in the 93rd minute. All the other games were draws and City won in the 93rd. Never betting again ever

Latest odds

Nationwide League Division Two 2003/4

Plymouth Argyle 5/6

Queens Park Rangers 2/1

Bristol City 5/2

Swindon Town 25/1

Barnsley 100/1

Guest hoops_hoops_hoops_up_up_up

I would just like to point out a couple of facts. 1 you aint top of the league you are 3rd which is very good by your very low standards. 2 if you were to reach the top you all know that city have no bottle. so the sooner you reach the top the better for the top two teams ie. Plymuff and Rangers.

Guest exiledred

that's a good way of you getting out of us going top isn't it? and one other thing- try to learn how to type and spell in a way that doesn't need deciphering. I realise having a gashead for a manager can't help, but please try.

going up going up going up

CTID

re odds - surely we cannot be longer odds than QPR? Sounds a a bit odd. On the basis this will swing around a bit, put money on any of the top three when they go 3-1. Sure they will all at some stage. Plymouth odds on? Also looks tight. If relative positions stay the same, they are effectively offering 5-2 on us beating Plymuff at home. Decent odds.

Equally, I believe I am right in saying that if everyone won their games in hand, Luton would go 4th.

Archived