IGNORED

'superstitions' - Taking Hold ?

richieb

This superb run must have some of us - not changing our underpants or wearing the same jumper to every game? :D

Personally, I hate talking up our chances & am very much the pessimist.

But as mentioned previously, I lost my rear car kit the other week & won't replace it. I wear the same jeans & top to every game.

Anyone else got any supersitions? :D

All I can say is that if half the crowd aren't changing their underpants or jumpers while we're on this run, let's hope Ashton Gate is absolutely humming by the end of the season!

And I'll be going through the same lucky turnstile on Saturday.

I wear the same Black Coat and Errrmm Burberry Jeans :D Every Game, haven't lost the 5 times i have started to do it!

Now, here's a strange one......

"I found a penny picked it up and had good luck" At Notts County away, and have stuck by a routine of after seeing a penny picking it up. I leave a penny that i have found infront of the television before every game! It's worked for the last 5! I'm nor religious or a very superstitious person but i'll do anything for the Super City! :D

Guest Friday The 13th

I have worn the same trousers, city top, jumper, coat and trainers since the winning sequence. I threatened to walk out of my house if my mum didn't wash my jumper in time for the game against Brentford. I think we are all getting paranoid... nah of course not. What we wear will obviously effect the outcome of a game where 11 men have to put a ball in the net more times than another set of men at a goal the opposite end of the field.

I usually am superstitious and if we win I'll wear the same clothes (bar underwear) to the next game!

But...

Since this run started I have not worn the same set of clothes to 2 consequetive games once. So a bit of a preverse superstition perhaps, but one that seems to be doing ok right now!

Guest The_Boy

I got given the new city shirt for xmas this year and wore it in the second half on the brentford game away. The rest seems to be history. Wore it at some point every saturday since then and we aint lost!!!

You're ALL wrong! It's my mates' son's sprout, honest He has had this little Brussle sprout since the Stockport match,always brings it down the gate and it sits infront of the radio for away games.

In case you think this is ####, I must tell you that he had another sprout for our last run (97-8) and lost it before we played away at Fulham!

Never doubt the power of the sprout!

Sorry Rich but whats a rear car kit when its at home! Not supersitious BUT.... we're all talking about "the run" in hushed tones and as naming calls I've long stopped talking about p**m**i*n,all I can think of to say is.. cmon city!
Well its one of those mini kits that hang on a little white plastic hanger !! Reversable - Always had the home side showing.

I was going into see a client & getting something out of the boot & whoosh - away it blew.

Looked a real ###### trying to catch it so just let it blew on away. :D

• Admin
You're ALL wrong! It's my mates' son's sprout, honest He has had this little Brussle sprout since the Stockport match,always brings it down the gate and it sits infront of the radio for away games.

In case you think this is ####, I must tell you that he had another sprout for our last run (97-8) and lost it before we played away at Fulham!

This sprout is obviously in need of a 24 hour armed guard to protect it from hungry vegetarians................

Had been using the same disposable razor since Brentford on boxing day up to and including the morning of the Colchester game. During a conversation with NATCHER in the supporters club before the game it was suggested that at 42 years old I should've grown through the superstitious stage. So the following morning I changed blades, and now my skin is back to normal!! Thanks NATCHER :D Mind you, it does have a downside-the wife wants to get closer :D

Had been using the same disposable razor since Brentford on boxing day up to and including the morning of the Colchester game. During a conversation with NATCHER in the supporters club before the game it was suggested that at 42 years old I should've grown through the superstitious stage. So the following morning I changed blades, and now my skin is back to normal!! Thanks NATCHER :D Mind you, it does have a downside-the wife wants to get closer :D
Funny, I thought she was trying to get her razor back :D

It's the darker blue ones you want. :P

• Admin

I'm glad it's not just me !

I got a pair of footy socks on my Birthday (26th Dec) and have worn them to every game since, you would not believe the pressure to get them washed and dried ready for tomorrow night !

I'm almost AFRAID not to wear these socks again . . :D

Well, I think I've worked out what could be doing it in my life.... my girlfriend.

I've managed (after much nagging) to convince her to go to two games: the LDV final in Cardiff and City vs. Chesterfield on the 17th January. We won on both occasions. Plus, our winning run has appeared to coincide with her taking a slight interest in City (to prove this, I was listening to BBC Bristol on Saturday. When Docherty scored, she calmly said "he's the one with the beard, isn't he?". I think it proves a small point, anyway :D )

Unfortunately, she didn't take too kindly to my suggestion that I get in contact with Steve L and convince him to chain her to a pole and take her to every game (even after I pointed out that we'd get free travel and admission to all City games. You just can't please some people :P )

Guest Son_Of_Nob

It's all true, I'm the one who has been charged with looking after the aforementioned sprout. However, it's beginnings go back further than the stockport game. Sprout made his city debut versus Bradford Park avenue in the F.A. Cup (5-2 win) and since then it has either been to every game or watched the game on tele-text. Since sprouts debut we have lost only once in the league (away to blackpool) which i take full responsibility for as sprout was not present at the game nor did it watch on tele-text.

Superstition? No... hard fact- A small, increasingly crusty, sprout that remains in my coat pocket inbetween match days is responsible for this current run. You can't argue with results.....

Perhaps you should get him to sign up for the forum with the username: startbumfart_till_end_of_season

Guest hoops_hoops_hoops_up_up_up

Clearly the most common superstition amongst city fans is not going to the games hence the poor attendances despite your recent run of luck.

Guest duncan james

sorry lads but this run started after my mini scarf fell down in the back of my car didnt put it back up and we beat stockport and left it down since and we have won the lot so its staying down till we lose

Clearly the most common superstition amongst city fans is not going to the games hence the poor attendances despite your recent run of luck.
Perhaps your lot might want to try that. You might start seeing your team pick up more points then.

Archived