IGNORED

Fcc Meeting - Update

richieb

I think you must have all read the minutes from the FCC meeting, but a few have asked for an update outside the Official minutes.

To be honest, no hidden agenda here. John Sterry took the minutes & they have been replicated without any influence from CS/RG.

We were all treated to a range of the goods on offer from Lindleys & while I am unable to eat Wheat based products, the pies & pasties consumed on Thursday evening were well & truely welcome.

I (as many others) have struggled to come to terms with certain catering issues, but without doubt the major issue remains, the staffing & location issues.

If anybody has family or friends that would like a few hours work in the best enviorment in the West, then please let yourselves be known. (ticket incentives on top of wages available)

One thing I think that is a real plus point, will be the introduction of 'hawkers' that will be distributing goodies from walk-around locations. With long awaited additions of Baguettes & Sarnies.

I didn't realise that Lindleys catered for so many teams & at many locations (Sunderland, Man City etc) actually employ their own staff.

Interesting as well, that the club had received less than 15 'official' complaints about catering & some of these included - "the pies were too hot" :P:D

I really do hope that things will improve on the service level & with the voice from the terraces heard, lets hope the ongoing issues are addressed.

On the Season Ticket price situation, it is all very much up in the air, as depends on which div we end up in.

And difficult decision when to announce the new prices.

One thing that was agreed on, was the fact that a 10% increase would only be acceptable watching 1st Div footy.

CS/RG are still very keen to encourage the next generation & more families, so much will be done to encourage these parties.

With 8300 season ticket holders, the 1st div will hopefully attract 10,12000 tickets, the formula being that we don't want to out price the floating fan.

Realistic cost will put more 'bums on seats' - Where have I heard that one before.

All in all very positive meeting with fans being invited to work with Lindleys on a match day to experience the work of the team & also with the Police in the control box.

CS/RG definately agreed to the cracking atmosphere the East-End has produced & while no promises, they were looking at all ways to encourage the on-going participation.

But as for the big games, we will have to give 2000 tickets to Plymouth QPR BHA etc so it could well be difficult to segregate at these games. I really hope not as it is giving us a real advantage.

One final point on the numbers given as attendances.

I wasn't sure, but the figure given is 'actual' bums on seats for that game. Some teams tend to include 'ALL SEASON TICKET' holders whether they turn up or not.

Officially we do it right. :D

Thanks for that Richie.

Sounds as if the FCC is doing some really good work in bringing matters of concern to the club, and also hearing the other side of the story in order to arrive at solutions that will benefit us all.

The hawkers are a particularly good idea - food delivered to your seat! Now, if they could bring in mobile toilets as well, my match day experience would be complete :D

Thanks for that Richie.

Sounds as if the FCC is doing some really good work in bringing matters of concern to the club, and also hearing the other side of the story in order to arrive at solutions that will benefit us all.

The hawkers are a particularly good idea - food delivered to your seat! Now, if they could bring in mobile toilets as well, my match day experience would be complete  :D

Dave, are you asking for someone to take the P1$$ :D

Seriously now theres an idea here.

We could be served as we queue to pee :D

Archived