IGNORED

Dw's Clearing The Decks

Bristol Boy

With Matthews "transported" to the Gas, Hulbert & Clist to Non League and Jones to Newport/FGR, Danny's obviously working to reduce the quantity, whilst improving the quality of the squad.

Tie in the Four Academy U19 Players and the huge number out of contract at the seasons end and, one way or the other, it will be a different squad and team next season.

I still think we need a wide right player, as Goodfellow seems to want to play on the left (Dilema) Aaron Brown is out of contract at the end of the season and Roberts, who is in contract, seems out of favour (unless he was injured/ill, Saturday)

I still think the most likely signing will be an attacking central midfielder in the Gary Shelton mould and, if we are promoted, one or two strikers and a ball winning centre half.

I'd say firstly we need goalkeeping cover, a ball-winning like centre half to cover/replace Butler, and a natural right winger - because Goodfellow ain't it! A new striker would be great, but with Lita and Roberts ready to deputise for Miller and Peacock, it wouldn't be a priority position for me, allthough a lack of goals from that area would be a concern.

I'd say firstly we need goalkeeping cover, a ball-winning like centre half to cover/replace Butler, and a natural right winger - because Goodfellow ain't it! A new striker would be great, but with Lita and Roberts ready to deputise for Miller and Peacock, it wouldn't be a priority position for me, allthough a lack of goals from that area would be a concern.
If we was to go up, we would need that 'Akinbiyi' or 'Robins' type striker as we wont survive with our Strike force we got now in Divison 1. Like what has been said before, we need a Ball Winning Center Half, A Keeper, Right Winger and Striker. We could do with a Creative Attacking midfielder too.

If we was to go up, we would need that 'Akinbiyi' or 'Robins' type striker as we wont survive with our Strike force we got now in Divison 1. Like what has been said before, we need a Ball Winning Center Half, A Keeper, Right Winger and  Striker. We could do with a Creative Attacking midfielder too.
If Luke Wilkshire finds the form he did just before he left us for Oz, he'll fit that bill nicely! Besides, he has to prove my point that he will go on to play at a higher level... :D

Archived