IGNORED

Team V Grimsby

Bristol Boy

.............................................Phillips..............................................................

Carey........................Coles............................Fortune.............................Hill......

Roberts....................Wilkshire.......................Tinnion...........................Brown A..

.................................Miller..............................Peacock..............................

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Butler

Goodfellow

Doherty

Are you going to expain why you want to make changes, in the form of Roberts for Goodfellow and Fortune for Butler, to a side that won last week and have essentially won their last 9 straight games?

Obviously Butler only returned last week, but why play Fortune before him or play Fortune when you could bring back Woodman??He surely cannot have impressed you that much from a few substitute appearences?

.......................................phillips...........................................

carey....................coles.....................butler......................hill

roberts...............tinnion....................wilkshire..........goodfellow

..............................peacock..........miller................................

subs:

woodman

lita

brown

doherty

fortune

that seems abit better, me thinks!

Are you going to expain why you want to make changes, in the form of Roberts for Goodfellow and Fortune for Butler, to a side that won last week and have essentially won their last 9 straight games?

Obviously Butler only returned last week, but why play Fortune before him or play Fortune when you could bring back Woodman??He surely cannot have impressed you that much from a few substitute appearences?

Sure.

Butler is very one dimensional and can't pass, whilst not dominating enough in either box.He hasn't played in all of the games in our run and MH & DC look the better pairing unless we're playing giants.

I've rated Fortune since I saw him at Oldham last season when he was MOM. He offers height, pace & he can pass.He could play LB, swap with Hill.

Grimsby have a smallish pacey striker in Isiah Rankine, who scored Saturday and he'll run the channels.Butler doesn't like that.

Woodman has been #### in his last two outings.He seems to have lost confidence since DW dropped him, whilst he was in excellent form.As it's an away game, I'll settle for MH's defensive qualities.

Goodfellow was poor in his last three, despite scoring in one and looks like he needs a spell on the bench.As he can play on both wings,he's and ideal sub.

I think that's it :D

I'd play the same 11 that finished against Posh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goodfellow is not in the squad on Tuesday. No doubt Wilson will say he needs a rest after the stress of moving clubs/home.

.......................................phillips...........................................

carey....................coles.....................butler......................hill

roberts...............tinnion....................wilkshire..........goodfellow

..............................peacock..........miller................................

subs:

woodman

lita

brown

doherty

fortune

that seems abit better, me thinks!

I always think that not having a keeper on the bench is a big risk, particularly away and, on current form, you couldn't select Goodfellow over Brown.

Heres mine:

.......................................Phillips...........................................

Carey....................Coles.....................Fortune......................Hill

Roberts...............Tinnion....................Wilkshire..........Goodfellow

..............................Peacock..........Miller................................

subs:

woodman

lita

brown

doherty

Butler

good for pace, and enough quality to start resting players for that difficult run in.

Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeds! :D

I see most people are including Roberts which I am all for by the way.

Does anybody know why he didn't even make the squad Saturday? out of favour or niggling injury?

If it was the former, can't see anybody but Goodfellow or M Brown starting on the right. Unless of course, Wilkshire gets put there :D

I can see it now. After 65 mins, the unimpressive Wilkshire gets replaced on the right by the equally ineffective Goodfellow, whilst Marvin and Christian look on fromt the bench or the stands.

............................Phillips

..................Coles - Butler - Hill

...........................Doherty

.......Roberts - Wilkshire - Tinnion - Goodfellow

......................Peacock - Miller

Stowell

Carey

Woodman

Brown, A

Lita

Got to go 3-5-2 against relegation fodder Grimsby. However, with Carey and Woodman on the bench we could easily convert back to a 4-4-2 if needed. Let's give Goodfellow his chance to impress on the left with Brown ready to come on if either he flops there, or we need to switch him to the right to replace a lethargic Roberts. Stowell and Lita obviously.

............................Phillips

..................Coles - Butler - Hill

...........................Doherty

.......Roberts - Wilkshire - Tinnion - Goodfellow

......................Peacock - Miller

Always liked that idea, that team is the one i would pick - however i would still stick with the team that won against Posh for now....

If it aint broke - well tinker?! :D

I would stick with the 4-4-2 which has proved such a great platform for our tightness as a team as opposed to a formation change simply to accomodate Wilkshire, Doherty and Tinman; one surely has to drop to the bench.

A formation change now could see all this good work come to an abrupt halt.

For me personally, that would be the one who has been absent most during our impressive run.

My current team would be

Phillips

Carey Coles Fortune Hill

Roberts Doherty Tinnion Goodfellow

Miller Peacock

Subs

Stowell

Wilkshire

Lita

Brown A

Woodman

I see most people are including Roberts which I am all for by the way.

Does anybody know why he didn't even make the squad Saturday?  out of favour or niggling injury?

If it was the former, can't see anybody but Goodfellow or M Brown starting on the right.  Unless of course, Wilkshire gets put there  :blink:

I can see it now.  After 65 mins, the unimpressive Wilkshire gets replaced on the right by the equally ineffective Goodfellow, whilst Marvin and Christian look on fromt the bench or the stands.

Had to bring this back to the top.

Don't know when exactly Goodfellow came on, however, quite spooky. I see dead people as well :dunno:

Don't want to sound like i'm Wilson bashing, however, I think the easy option was taken last night by playing all 3 of our central midfielders. Hope this doesn't happen Saturday.

Archived