IGNORED

Bye Bye

Guest jon

Well, after more years than I care to mention posting on this forum, the time has come to call it a day.

Although the forum has long been home for the bland, banal and downright boring, it seems to me that the level of pointless, ill judged and ill advised pots is reaching fever pitch. There has been an increase in the number of posters who comment for the sake of it, kick off when someone says something they don't like or put them selves forward as the font of all knowledge when they don't even go to games. You know who you are. And do some of you have a sense of humour? Christ almighty, some of you should learn how to laugh at yourselves. Sadly though, you won't know who you are.

At least in the past, for all the dross there was the counterweight of wit and intelligence put forward by the likes of the Cidergliders, Harry May, BTR and their ilk. Where are they now? Died of boredom? More than likely.

As for me, well, most of you will probably say "so what". Fair comment. I haven't added much to the gene pool have I recently? But then, I really couldn't be bothered.

Mind you, like some of the most irritating people on this forum, I might de-register and come back with a different name. I did used to live in Thornbury once you know. I could have a "thought for the day" as well. On second thoughts, I won't bother.

Ta ta.

By the way Barry, you will be the only Scooter Red on here from now on!

Guest Mikenoski

Its a shame really. We need more intelligent posters.....however the moan for the sake of moaning 'fans' seem to be the most prominent on here.

Know exactly where you're coming from mate.

I've been feeling the same for a while but I can't quite give up the habit.

Why don't you check back in a while when we're safe from relegation (and outside the school holidays) to see if things have improved?

Its a real big shame when we keep loosing some of the best posters OTIB has seen. These posters always carried out reasoned debate, never thrown insults around, never used text speak, never posted false allegations and always constructed well thought out posts. This is no more, some of OTIB's most fondest members are vanishing.

It's a shame the minority ruin it and i to have been registered on OTIB for what seems like donkeys years and boy oh boy its not a patch on what it used to be :(

Its a real big shame when we keep loosing some of the best posters OTIB has seen. These posters always carried out reasoned debate, never thrown insults around, never used text speak, never posted false allegations and always constructed well thought out posts. This is no more, some of OTIB's most fondest members are vanishing.

It's a shame the minority ruin it and i to have been registered on OTIB for what seems like donkeys years and boy oh boy its not a patch on what it used to be :(

Never mind, you have me now!

:w00t::whistle::cool:

Well, after more years than I care to mention posting on this forum, the time has come to call it a day.

Although the forum has long been home for the bland, banal and downright boring, it seems to me that the level of pointless, ill judged and ill advised pots is reaching fever pitch. There has been an increase in the number of posters who comment for the sake of it, kick off when someone says something they don't like or put them selves forward as the font of all knowledge when they don't even go to games. You know who you are. And do some of you have a sense of humour? Christ almighty, some of you should learn how to laugh at yourselves. Sadly though, you won't know who you are.

At least in the past, for all the dross there was the counterweight of wit and intelligence put forward by the likes of the Cidergliders, Harry May, BTR and their ilk. Where are they now? Died of boredom? More than likely.

As for me, well, most of you will probably say "so what". Fair comment. I haven't added much to the gene pool have I recently? But then, I really couldn't be bothered.

Mind you, like some of the most irritating people on this forum, I might de-register and come back with a different name. I did used to live in Thornbury once you know. I could have a "thought for the day" as well. On second thoughts, I won't bother.

Ta ta.

I've been a forum user for years and what you describe about todays forum is no different to how its always been.There have always been those who post dull rubbish for postings sake (Where do you sit, ect,ect) and those that are well respected and whose contribution are worth reading.

There are about 10 posters who I always read,another 20 who I mostly read and another 20 who I ignore completely.

It easy to look back to the 'old days' with rose-tinted specs and I certainly miss some of the old posters like Kustard and Edson but there are some newer posters that have filled the void imo.By and large the quality of the forum has been pretty consistant since its conception - but with different contributers.

If you have decided to quit then thats your choice - but nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Ta ta.

Fair enough, but I can't see the problem, ignore threads that you're not interested in, ignore posters if you don't like what they have to say etc.

Your post seems a bit elitist to me. So some posters aren't intelligent as others, so what? They have as much right to post as anyone else.

Guest DrFaustus

So some posters aren't intelligent as others, so what? They have as much right to post as anyone else.

You only say that because you're think as pigswill. :ph34r:

I've been a forum user for years and what you describe about todays forum is no different to how its always been.There have always been those who post dull rubbish for postings sake (Where do you sit, ect,ect) and those that are well respected and whose contribution are worth reading.

There are about 10 posters who I always read,another 20 who I mostly read and another 20 who I ignore completely.

It easy to look back to the 'old days' with rose-tinted specs and I certainly miss some of the old posters like Kustard and Edson but there are some newer posters that have filled the void imo.By and large the quality of the forum has been pretty consistant since its conception - but with different contributers.

If you have decided to quit then thats your choice - but nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Thanks for the compliments Robbored...

Basically people - WHERE IS THE LOVE?

When browsing through threads, I tend to read the post but rarely actually pick up on who the oppinion is coming from just whether I agree with it or not, thus eradicating the judgementalness that is so common with the human species. Just live and let live isn't it? Always been crap with faces anyway, but the posters that catch my eye are generally ones I've become familiar with who are usually the ones who arouse my humour stick and now and again I even find myself laughing out loud when least expecting it.

Opinions and quality of post: I assume there are no Alan Hansens signed up to the forum so don't expect particularly insightful comments on the tactical side of the game. There can only be a limited number of scholars also, so coherance etc of the post also just needs to be accepted. I doubt there are any professional comedians which would explain much of the unimaginitive banter, although having said that it is not all bad.

I'd like to suggest that people try to spend a few minutes at least composing and ordering there thoughts before writing and a few minutes editing what they've written pre-sending to make sure what's written makes sense(ish). I only impulse post if there's an instant reaction such as somebody suggesting we employ Mr.Hollowhead or there's some angry bitter sheep lover come for a spot of fishing (a concept I will never get my head around).

My main gripe with postings on here is predictability and a lack of autonomy, people or sheeple as I call them, jumping aboard the popular opinion ship for the easy ride seemingly having done no authentic thinking for themselves.

As in real life, personal insult should have no place.

Also a message to the dis-contented, if you find the company of others so unstimulating on here, why do you not find other forums to join? or dare I say it, actually go out there and meet people for real? and there are some interesting folk out there believe me, not everybody I come across is clonatised and prototypical. I would suggest that similar social problems can be found in just about every institution though!

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

...take control of your mind and meditate, let your soul gravitate to the love, yooo....

('Where is the Love?' - Black Eyed Peas)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Basically people - WHERE IS THE LOVE?

When browsing through threads, I tend to read the post but rarely actually pick up on who the oppinion is coming from just whether I agree with it or not, thus eradicating the judgementalness that is so common with the human species. Just live and let live isn't it? Always been crap with faces anyway, but the posters that catch my eye are generally ones I've become familiar with who are usually the ones who arouse my humour stick and now and again I even find myself laughing out loud when least expecting it.

Opinions and quality of post: I assume there are no Alan Hansens signed up to the forum so don't expect particularly insightful comments on the tactical side of the game. There can only be a limited number of scholars also, so coherance etc of the post also just needs to be accepted. I doubt there are any professional comedians which would explain much of the unimaginitive banter, although having said that it is not all bad.

I'd like to suggest that people try to spend a few minutes at least composing and ordering there thoughts before writing and a few minutes editing what they've written pre-sending to make sure what's written makes sense(ish). I only impulse post if there's an instant reaction such as somebody suggesting we employ Mr.Hollowhead or there's some angry bitter sheep lover come for a spot of fishing (a concept I will never get my head around).

My main gripe with postings on here is predictability and a lack of autonomy, people or sheeple as I call them, jumping aboard the popular opinion ship for the easy ride seemingly having done no authentic thinking for themselves.

As in real life, personal insult should have no place.

Also a message to the dis-contented, if you find the company of others so unstimulating on here, why do you not find other forums to join? or dare I say it, actually go out there and meet people for real? and there are some interesting folk out there believe me, not everybody I come across is clonatised and prototypical. I would suggest that similar social problems can be found in just about every institution though!

...take control of your mind and meditate, let your soul gravitate to the love, yooo....

('Where is the Love?' - Black Eyed Peas)

Are you suggesting 'Power To The Sheeple' or are you just ' Watching The Wheels' ?

I believe this is what's known in some corners of the internet as a 'flounce'.

IPB Image

I've considered flouncing outa here too Jon, a few times, but like you say, no one would notice or give a toss. And there's always another unfathomable loan signing just around the corner.

Sometimes, no matter how bad things get, you just HAVE to come back.

Ta ta.

Ooooo Roooo

Are you suggesting 'Power To The Sheeple' or are you just ' Watching The Wheels' ?

Oh most definately the latter mate.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

People asking quetions, lost in confusion, well I tell them there's no problem - only solutions...

('Watching the Wheels' - Big Boy)

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

• Admin

I reckon there's still as many "good" posters as there used to be but as the site has increased in members their contributions are more diluted and harder to find.

Anyway, the good old days that everyone refers can be generalised as a year long debate as to the merits of certain board members that just re-stated the same points that each poster had made in their previous posts. Still entertaining mind :D

Guest we8thegas

Ta ta.

couldn't agree more,cancel mine too TomF

Guest Bristolface

Ta ta.

Hey not the only scooter red I'm a scooter boy and a red, keep the faith

Archived