Grimsby On A Tuesday Night -a Poem

Guest weqprarebetterthanu

Twas on a cold and wintery night

When the robins travelled north and suffered a fright

9 wins on the bounce and another looking good

In a bleak northern town where its fish for Pud

Why worry about Grimsby, there not doing well

But the fish men had stirred and the North Sea did swell.

The 500 who had travelled were a confident lot

But a dubious penalty started the rot :D

Then in went a second of a Bristolian bum :D

The Juventes loolalikes were now having some fun

Halftime came and no sign of a band

an irate Mr Wilson sent to the Stand

The second half was played in a terrible gale

and the men in red were doomed to fail

Just a few dozen hung on to the end

to see the third go in with a terrible bend :D

Nobody was left to hear the final whistle blow

and that winning run that had to go :D:D:D

A long journey back to Ashton gate

To stay in the play off zone and await their fate

:D:D

A long journey in the old car, knowing that they won't catch

The Great QPR :D:D:D:):)

Come on U Rsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Course we are worried , its when you stop worrying and getting cocky in starts to go t--ts up .

Thats what happened to us and i feel and of course hope your turn starts tuesday

City Gal -remind me is goal difference enough to sort out championships and promotions cos if it is i'll take it

And Nailsea red yes very original

Guest Pinamonte

NO NEED TOO GET FUNNY WITH ME JUST BECOS YOURE TEAM AINT GOIN UP ANYMORE. HOLLOWHEAD IS A RUBBISH MANAGER AND HES TAKING YOU DOWN TO DIVISION 3 LIKE HE DID THE GAS. FACT.

City Gal -remind me is goal difference enough to sort out championships and promotions cos if it is i'll take it

And Nailsea red yes very original

I dont care. We have one of the best if not the best squad in our division. We are stronger than ever and our 9 long string of wins is proving that. We are right on your tails and tomorrow i fancy our chances of becoming top. Dont come on here being cocky.... I do believe this is City's season :D

Says a lot about a club when their supporters are still obsessed by a pub outfit like rovers ,you shouldn't care about them anymore or is it just building up to the next derby game in the second Division.

Even i will call for Ollies head if he took us down on 58 pts

Sorry QPR fan, but you missed the final verse.

But then I woke out of my silly dream

And realised Bristol City were the victorious team

Whoops!

It meant the end of all dreams for that team playing in hoops!

10 out of 10 for your poetry though.

Hey 10 out of 10, just like City you know!

Sorry QPR fan, but you missed the final verse.

But then I woke out of my silly dream

And realised Bristol City were the victorious team

Whoops!

It meant the end of all dreams for that team playing in hoops!

10 out of 10 for your poetry though.

Hey 10 out of 10, just like City you know!

too right!

Guest Pinamonte

I THINK THE QPR FANN IS GETTING ALL UPSET BECOS IS TEAM IS NOT GOING UP WITH US NOW. BAD LUCK mate BUT THERES ALLWAYS NEXT SEASON. Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin..

If you have the bottle to win on tuesday then i am sure your team has the bottle to go up.

Thanks for indulging me today its been emotional

Guest Pinamonte

Sorry for shouting everyone but this idiot is really getting to me. I think he's a gas head cos no QPR fan would even look at this forum.

If you have the bottle to win on tuesday then i am sure your team has the bottle to go up.

Thanks for indulging me today its been emotional

If we have the bottle?! We dont fear anyone but we also dont under-estimate anyone. We go into each game with the upmost respect for the opposition.... with a few exceptions :D

Guest comeonyoureds
The second half was played in a terrible gale

and the men in red were doomed to fail

Just a few dozen hung on to the end

by the way 'weqprarebetterthanu' A) its not goin to be windy in grimsby 2moro and B) we'll stay till the end cause we're loyal, unlike your lot who's head have dropped already!

Come on yoooooooou REDS!!!

A riposte:

Twas New Year's Day and all was well

As Holloway the fans did tell

"We're going up. Have no fear,

Bristol City are nowhere near."

But as the reds won game after game

Old Holloway's men started to wain.

His team's hot form had got much colder,

And poor little Ian looked over his shoulder.

"Who's that behind us, coming up at a rate?

Oh shít, it's those lads from Ashton Gate.

We need a win, they're at full throttle,

Bugger, I seem to have lost my bottle."

Now Holloway won't admit his fears,

His team's overpaid and he's out of ideas.

And as he struggles with his team from the smoke,

He starts to realise, they're going to choke.

There's nothing poor old Ian can do,

His team is condemned to Division Two.

He'll issue the ocassional rousing soundbite,

But deep down he knows, his team are poo.

Now when the reds go up in May

And the hoops are stuck with Holloway,

I hope his words aren't hard to swallow

Because like his head, they're very hollow.

Excellent riposte deep down you all love Ollie to a bit more fun that Mr MNB Wilson any way you must be a Bath Red with this talent could you take old pine apple matey to English lessons he could do with the help.

He even apologises for shouting at his computer ,probably got extra big buttons installed and is made by Chad Valley

He just takes it away from football and attacks the spelling and grammer in the replies! Shows he knows he really has no argument when it comes to trying to argue that City ain't going to go up, cos it's real hard to go against fact :D

I just look forward to the playoffs to see QPR dumped out and watch Mr Thorpe's dumb little face sink when he realises he's stuck in the 2nd division for the rest of his career :D

He just takes it away from football and attacks the spelling and grammer in the replies! Shows he knows he really has no argument when it comes to trying to argue that City ain't going to go up, cos it's real hard to go against fact :D

Who is he ,did i say i was a bloke ,they let women out of doors in London you know ,even letting em into football grounds now!!!!!!

Assumptions

Guest Pinamonte

I made the spelling mistakes because you got me all wound up so that I couldn't concentrate properly on my typing. It doesn't mean that QPR are a better side just because I spelt a couple of words wrong. Let's see who's laughing at the end of the season. I can guarantee that it won't be you.

Who is he ,did i say i was a bloke ,they let women out of doors in London you know ,even letting em into football grounds now!!!!!!

Assumptions

Probably not the first time someone has wondered what gender you are :D But I see you go again at looking at grammar, totally running out of valid footy argument yet again :D

NO NEED TOO GET FUNNY WITH ME JUST BECOS YOURE TEAM AINT GOIN UP ANYMORE. HOLLOWHEAD IS A RUBBISH MANAGER AND HES TAKING YOU DOWN TO DIVISION 3 LIKE HE DID THE GAS. FACT.
I know you are on our side and all but that is most ridiculus stuff I have heard in a long while! Holloway, even though I dont like him, IS a good manager. QPR are going down? be realistic mate.

bit more reality in your posts wont go a miss in the future bud.

• Admin
I know you are on our side and all but that is most ridiculus stuff I have heard in a long while! Holloway, even though I dont like him, IS a good manager. QPR are going down? be realistic mate.

bit more reality in your posts wont go a miss in the future bud.

....and if this really is "FACT", who else fancies putting a stackload of cash on the event at bet365? :D

Guest Pinamonte

He's taking them down next year like he did the season after he bottled out of promotion with the Gas, I thought it was obvious that is what I meant. If you think he's a good manager then remember one thing. The Gas are in the position they are in solely because of what Holloway did when he was there.

He's taking them down next year like he did the season after he bottled out of promotion with the Gas, I thought it was obvious that is what I meant. If you think he's a good manager then remember one thing. The Gas are in the position they are in solely because of what Holloway did when he was there.
I'd love to agree with you there mate, really I would. But I can't. You're talking out your @rse....

i dont think they will. QPR are a quality side. They are doing what we did last year, poor run in january and feb. Wouldnt bet against them returning to form. I think we should just all keep our heads out of the clouds, yes this is an amazing season so far but no need to brag to the world about a promotion certainty when we havnt even been promoted yet.

if that qprwearebetterthanu fella wants to shout his mouth off on here then fine. Quite petty really, shows that they are frightened of us!

As for Holloway, ive always thought he is a good manager, a lot of heart in his job and wears whatever shirt he manages with pride, if managers ever wear a shirt that is?! :D still dont like him though!

Come on City, keep it up! i think the difference with us this year than last year is our defense. On our run of 9 we havnt let in on avaerage more than 1 goal every 2 games, is this true? if so, thats brilliant. Keep it up, support is strong as always and we are better than QPR and Plymouth, lets just keep showing it!

Guest Pinamonte

Sorry for causing offence Cityboy. That QPR fan was really upsetting me earlier though which is probably why I came out with that stuff. I shouldn't let him get to me really but at least I know that he will be left with egg on his face at the end of the season when we go up as champions.

Guest cidered
I made the spelling mistakes because you got me all wound up so that I couldn't concentrate properly on my typing. It doesn't mean that QPR are a better side just because I spelt a couple of words wrong. Let's see who's laughing at the end of the season. I can guarantee that it won't be you.
yeh it will be them laughing at how unbelievably shi*e they are

Well done to Pineapple matey on his excellent improvement with literacy (Well done Mum)

And thankyou for the entertainment we all know how emotional Mr KEEGAN got in the run when he was being wound up by the opposition! how did his lot do in the end?

LSN and City Boy contributions were rather more intelligent and balanced which is why your site is one of the best around .

We shall see whether your team is?

QPR are more than due the right finish this year as it was 83 last time we celebrated .

City are very welcome to second spot though !

• Admin
Well done to Pineapple matey on his excellent improvement with literacy (Well done Mum)

And thankyou for the entertainment we all know how emotional Mr KEEGAN got in the run when he was being wound up by the opposition! how did his lot do in the end?

LSN and City Boy contributions were rather more intelligent and balanced which is why your site is one of the best around .

We shall see whether your team is?

QPR are more than due the right finish this year as it was 83 last time we celebrated .

City are very welcome to second spot though !

If length of wait counts then surely we should nab the title? Our last Championship was way back in '55 :D

The QPR fan was right

But Grimsby suffered the fright

Yes three goals were hit

But QPR are the team in (any suggestions?)

The weather was cold

And they had a dodgy pen as was foretold

But it's the end for QPR's dream

Because City were the victorious team.

Oh no, oh no

Into the play offs QPR go

The West Country pair are the cream

And this ain't no dream!

Of that pair

Let's be fair

City are the best

We rule the roost

If you want an example of pure poetry, mate, just look at the Division Two table. :dunno:

Alternatively...

There was a young coach called Ollie

Who thought he'd be opening Bollie

When the Hoops finished top,

But instead they just flopped

And he ended up looking a wally.

Or...

There was this young Holloway bloke

Who thought City's challenge a joke.

But the Robins came through,

Replaced the Hoops in the top two,

Because Holloway's players all choked.