IGNORED

Wilkshire Or Doherty?

mookey

Our last two performances have been the least convincing of our fantastic run. Is it pure chance that this coincides with the return of Wilkshire? We look a lot more solid outfit with Tommy as the holding player and it allows Tinnion more time and space to direct. Any thoughts?

Guest comeonyoureds

i agree, id definately like to see tommy start 2moro! he's a battler who gets stuck in and wins the ball in midfield, that is what we are going to need tomorrow night so he has to start!

Come on yooooou REDS!!!!

City struggled with their ball retention at Peterborough, until Doherty came on. He seems to play the simple ball, more often, thus keeping possession and allowing the midfield to reach the front two.

Tinnion and Wilkshire seem to want to play that "killer" pass too often and too quickly, giving away possession. It's very important to keep the ball, especially away from home.

I'd start with Doherty and perm one from the other two.

Agree, Tom should start, particularly in tough away games - that battling midfield role is crucial and we lack something when he doesn't play.

Tins or Wilkshire along side him (based on performance Tins probably wins it at the moment).

Totally agree, I yet to see anything that suggests Luke Wilkshire is actually good enough. He seems to have won alot of fans on here, but he hasn't yet impressed me.

Doherty and Tins tomorrow for me.

We may not agree on a lot but I am with you on this one.

We may not agree on a lot but I am with you on this one.

Funny that. Before he went away i'd say Wilkshire was probably our most on form and impressive player.

I'd rest Tinman for tomorrow as i've said previously and play Doherty, but only because we need a battler and also he's scored a couple recently.

You seem to be markedly unimpressed by quite a few of our players at the moment Teepee.

It must perplex you that we're winning so much. :D

You seem to be markedly unimpressed by quite a few of our players at the moment Teepee.

It must perplex you that we're winning so much.  :dunno:

If you recall I've been consistent in

a) Prefering Burnell to Doherty although I have said I would keep Doherty in now

b) Prefering Roberts to Goodfellow and still do-Roberts is quicker and not one sided

c) Tinnion is less useful now because no Murray to run like hell after his "outball"

d) I believe Bell is a better crosser of the ball than Hill or Woodman

e) I have never rated Wilkshire

f) Aaron - oh don't even go there even though I made him motm recently

I have consistently backed the "team" whoever is playing and just as importantly bowed to the judgement of DW in picking the team whether I agree or not -

he can't be doing much wrong at the moment.

I don't think it is anything to do with wilkshire, it's just that against more physical teams, that will try to grind out games you can't afford to have two creative but somewhat lightweight players in the middle. Doherty and Wilkshire would be just as effective if not more so than tinnion and Doherty, as Wilkshire is faster, just as good on the ball, not as good as the crossfield pass to Murray, but as he isn't here it doesn't matter really.

I have to say though i do agree with all of your other points bar the wilkshire one, and mabye the burnell one.

It could be me (I do have an extremely short memory), however, is Wilkshire actually that creative.

He is an accurate passer and can spot a passearly, however, has he accomplished many key passes which have actually split a team or lead to a goal?

I'm sure he has, however, I can never remember a game where I considered his contribution to be anything other than average; certainly has never stood out for me as a clear MOTM as others have.

Archived