IGNORED

The Hunters Become The Hunted!

City Exile

Well, its getting very exciting. Of course, we may lose tomorrow, but the likelihood is that we will be in at least the top 2, for the first time since the great chase started.

That's when, in my book, it will start geting even tougher. Chasing is one thing, and the team have responded really well. Being the team that everybody suddenly needs to catch can put other pressures on a young side, that are as yet untested. Lets hope they respond as well.

Before we all start getting carried away, the gap between success and failure in this league is paper thin. Over the last 9 games I can only think of a combined half hour or so where we have had the relative comfort of a two goal lead - and we do seem to be scoring a lot of late goals. If anything, that is even more tribute to the players as they are having to play hard each week, rather than blowing sides away. However, not very much would have had to go wrong for us to have a blip.

So its cliche time; forget about records etc. Lets just take each game as it comes and play each game as a cup tie. I was at Peterborough on Saturday, and did not think we were anything other than average. We ground out the win however.

If it were a 1500 metre race, we are hitting the front with a lap still to go. The next 100m may tell us whether we are going to break free or have gone to early and will blow up.

Hold on, I sense its going to be a rollercoaster ride!

plymouth are proof that it is pretty hard to lead, the pressures you face are different, do you "go for it" or do you sit back. either way you can easliy blow it. as when Jordan led us to promotion we staggered over the line having lost top spot and were nearly caught by I think Grimsby or nott county (I forget which)

Tim.

Its not over till the fat lady sings as they say!

you are both right in that we did struggle abit with the Ward promo (Watford piping us in the end) and the chasing team in that case was Fulham.

The one I was thinking about was Jordon when (dare I say it) the gas beat us to top spot in the final month after we led for a long time, another team in the div went on a long winning run and seemed like that may make us sweat in the final weeks, but ended up losing on a day we we not playing hence we got promoted without kicking a ball.

I will have to look up my BCFC record books at home tonight!.

but cheers for the suggestions I hate not remembering

not sure it will help, but entirely from memory, our Ward promotion was also one where we did not play. Have a vague recollection of Fulham dropping points to Wycombe that put us up.

Lets hope we can at least celebrate at a match this time, should it happen.

Archived