IGNORED

Huge Under Acheivers

Red Robin

Next weeks game is huge from our point of view beat forest and we are on our way to safety,lose and we are back to square one.

My gut feeling is a score draw.

Big mac was good yesterday should cause forest a few problems.he has presence,seems to get in the right places certainly far better than Bas Savage.

Just think the guy is only 70% fit at mo,he should get better and better as games go on.

We seemed to have a strike force yesterday that looked menacing, this is some thing we have not seen for a very long time.

One thing for sure should be a cracking game next week.

Next weeks game is huge from our point of view beat forest and we are on our way to safety,lose and we are back to square one.

Big mac was good yesterday should cause forest a few problems.he has presence,seems to get in the right places certainly far better than Bas Savage.

Just think the guy is only 70% fit at mo,he should get better and better as games go on.

We seemed to have a strike force yesterday that looked menacing, this is some thing we have not seen for a very long time.

Kind of feel they will have their act together next season,with Sheff Wed doing their utmost to rejoin us our division next season looks all the more interesting.

When I was a kid, I remember Forest playing in Europe!! In fact, I seem to recall Forest winning the European Cup. Not exactly underachievers.

I guess you might mean that they are presently not achieving as much as they have done.

This is not an accusation you could put to us.

When I was a kid, I remember Forest playing in Europe!! In fact, I seem to recall Forest winning the European Cup. Not exactly underachievers.

I guess you might mean that they are presently not achieving as much as they have done.

When I was a kid I remember us competing on a weekly basis with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and, yes, Forest. I remember programme notes by Alan Dicks talking of an assault for a European place.

So it is an accusation you could put to us. Our achievements in recent decades may not match Forest's, or come close, but we are not presently achieving as much as we have done.

We are underachievers given the size of the city, the size of our support, the quality of the facilities, our turnover and our past glories. That does not make us a 'sleeping giant', which implies all we have to do to succeed is to 'wake up' and breeds arrogance and complacency, nor does it enable us to claim we are a 'big club' who have some sort of pre-ordained right to play at a higher level, or that somehow we have ended up in the wrong division.

What it should do is set our aspirations and goals, and inspire us to realise that as a club we are capable of achieving glory if the right decisions are made on and off the pitch.

Forest won the europan cup twice, what have City ever won? Or will win? nothing significant.

Come on...let's not forget we were FA Cup runners up in 1909 - some of you have got short memories!

Guest STA-BS14

You cant compare City to Forest.

Ldv vans is nothing really is it? Just a poxy trophy for the lower league teams.

With this current squad we could'nt even win the Hanham minor league :shifty:

I won a free trip to clean the elephants at bristol zoo when I was 12 :ph34r:

We weren't talking about you barry, but since you want to personalise it, I once won a bingo line in my local village hall. Ahhh, heady days.

When I was a kid I remember us competing on a weekly basis with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and, yes, Forest. I remember programme notes by Alan Dicks talking of an assault for a European place.
Now your talking I remember the glory days well,fantastic seeing city turn over man u Liverpool etc.

This is what this club needs to be aiming for again,packed into Coventry ground with 10000+ citys fans in all areas of the ground that was football.

Sadly I don't see it returning in my lifetime unless we get the big backer to take us there.

We weren't talking about you barry, but since you want to personalise it, I once won a bingo line in my local village hall. Ahhh, heady days.

I can't claim such distinction for myself, but my dad did once win a small electric convection heater on the City Society draw. I basked in reflected glory.

You cant compare City to Forest.

Ldv vans is nothing really is it? Just a poxy trophy for the lower league teams.

With this current squad we could'nt even win the Hanham minor league :shifty:

But isn't it also the same "poxy" trophy that a certain Nottingham Forest were playing for this season?

I can't claim such distinction for myself, but my dad did once win a small electric convection heater on the City Society draw. I basked in reflected glory.

Convected glory - the clue's in the name. :laugh:

Did it have small fans and promise much but deliver little after January? :whistle:

Guest redrebel

Yeah I see what you mean about Forrest and under achieving - I mean those two European cups - it should have 4 or 5 really.

Archived