IGNORED

A City The Size Of Bristol.

Guest hoops_hoops_hoops_up_up_up

Like us!!!

I think you will quite a bit of a difference in our clubs historys. Although didnt you once make the top league,but only for a few months wasnt it?

Guest XrAnGeX
The problem is that City have too many partime "fans".

Those who only turn up when the teams playing well and have "something else" to do when things aren't so good.

Its a shame but thats way it is...

The part-time fan business always comes up... But it is the same with every club, so its not really the issue. If you play well, then you expect big gates and its the same with being promoted. So it just acts as an incentive.

I believe its due to "Premiership Team" supporting, which is dissapointing.

Your point about premiership teams support is a fair one but surely that should affect us more than you. The west country isnt exactly spoiled with top quality teams so your lot are about the best around so i really think taking into account your very good recent run of results you should be getting another two or three thousand through the gates.

Your point about premiership teams support is a fair one but surely that should affect us more than you. The west country isnt exactly spoiled with top quality teams so your lot are about the best around so i really think taking into account your very good recent run of results you should be getting another two or three thousand through the gates.
Regretably too many false dawns for our lot. Will change with a consistent run in Div 1, gates would probably be similar to yours, too. We've not had that yet! This time around, will be different I feel, as we are better set up, and much more realistic in our hopes.

Lower division realism, I'm afraid.. if you stay round you'll find out. Know loads of older fans who never came back after 82. Shame but its the way it is.

Then all I can assume is that with the likes of Chelsea & Fulham on your doorstep, your fans must be easily pleased.Then I s'pose it is a nice little family club with none of the "big-boy" trappings and attendant hooligan problems. No, I can see their point . I myself have spent many a happy awayday at the 'bush drinking in the many hostelries without the slightest worry or hint of trouble!

Guest comeonyoureds

city are well suported for a second division side! i still feel proud to be a city fan when we travel away because the away support for a team in the 2nd division is a credit to the club! and many of my non city matres from around the country that have attended city games with me agree. many part-time fans would probably be full time fans if they thought they were getting value for money which is a fair arguement considering the quality of football is far below that of the premiership and that is what football in the 2nd division is compared to.

i have no doubt that bristol city has the potential to be a huge club providing the club are headed in the right direction on the pitch. you only have to look back to last april with taking 40,000 fans to cardiff as evidence of this. ok the majority of those fans dont turn up every week but then what would you realistically expect in the 2nd division! at least the potential fan base is there! and with no other successful clubs in the south west the potential is huge! you may well laugh, it is only a dream at the moment, but one day i will watch bristol city in front of 40,000 at home in the premier league!

but for now i will have to settle for promotion to division one and 20,000 sell outs towards the end of the season!

goin up 2004 :D

Sorry, i remeber a few seasons back, we took about 300 thousand to you on thursday night, and the match was on tele

Have you ever brought over 1000 fans to ashton gate?

The song, 'will you be at ashton gate' comes to mind

While your arguement might have substance, to suggest we took 300'000 fans to QPR on a Tuesday night is a little excessive, isn't it?

Guest Old Dazzler

It would have been outrageous to suggest that we took 300,000 to QPR on a Tuesday night.

But he is saying that we took 300,000 on a Thursday night, which is much more plausible.

• Admin
It would have been outrageous to suggest that we took 300,000 to QPR on a Tuesday night.

But he is saying that we took 300,000 on a Thursday night, which is much more plausible.

It may be more plausible but doesn't it make an even bigger mockery of our home attendances? It's all well and good taking 300,000 to QPR on a Thursday night but at Ashton Gate we're averaging just 11,500. Pathetic really.

The problem is that City have too many partime "fans".

Those who only turn up when the teams playing well and have "something else" to do when things aren't so good.

Its a shame but thats way it is...

Same rubbish different day

Archived