IGNORED

Riding Our Luck

Percy Parrot

I KNOW the old adage about winning when you're playing badly, and I agree with that. 3 points from games like Saturday are crucial. And you have to ride your luck and you do create your own luck...BUT it is vital not to push it too much.

In the last 9 games, all bar one of them has seen as be a little lucky.

I think only 3 of them were won by more than one goal- Brentford (which we were drawing until late), Chesterfield (in which we were only 1 up until late) and Bournemouth. So, in reality- we have only killed one team off early- B'mouth.

Just an observation, but it's something we need to address.

I KNOW the old adage about winning when you're playing badly, and I agree with that. 3 points from games like Saturday are crucial. And you have to ride your luck and you do create your own luck...BUT it is vital not to push it too much.

I think only 3 of them were won by more than one goal- Brentford (which we were drawing until late), Chesterfield (in which we were only 1 up until late) and Bournemouth. So, in reality- we have only killed one team off early- B'mouth.

An observation ive picked up to.

I think City have yet to play 90 minutes consistantly and we have pushed our luck with a few results recently. At this late stage in the season 3 points is 3 points but totally agree with the above post.

Guest east_dundry_red

I know all about winning when playing badly, played for the mens team again at rugby saturday, won 19 on the bounce so far and saturday we managed to beat my brothers team (imperial) 15-0 without playing well and to be honest the few times ive played the team hasnt played well but won comfortably and that what city are doing.

Same with arsenal they have won games this season without playing well just like they did agaist chelsea.

Good post Percy - Its the "the run of the ball" thats now going City's way whereas prior to Christmas City weren't getting any breaks.Maybe QPR and Argyle were and now its turned around.

Argyle were very unlucky not to beat B'mouth( Oh dear,how sad never mind) wheareas before when they scored 5 in 20 mins they had every bit of running going.

Even Wilson said in his BBC interview tonight that City had had "a little bit of luck".

I'd rather be getting the breaks now than earlier in the season....Long may it continue...

It may be the reason our run has continued, strange as it may seem.

If we were playing top quality football and rolling teams over the temptation is to think it's easy, (admit it, we've seen that scenario before) when we play the teams that like to s#### and battle we don't match them.

This run has been built on sheer hard work 85% of the time, so the players know what is required of them to keep this run going.

So long as it dont tamely roll over and die like the run last season did at Wycombe!I'd like to think DW, and the team learnt from that particular balls up!

Question, which has Citys best performance this season, not result, but performance(the result has to be Plymuff away!)?, and which has been the best one on this run. Brighton away for me, personally, what d y'all think?

Spot on and that's why the level of performance is all important.

The other key factor is injuries and if Phillips, Peacock, Tinnion, Coles or Hill went missing for any length of time, you never know.

The performance at P'Boro was poor, as was Notts County until Goodfellow arrived and his form has dipped as of late.Brentford away wasn't great until LL appeared.

Let's keep up the effort, not believe our own press reports, but stay confident and we can do it.

Archived