IGNORED

Grimsby Result In Mind

Chivs

I've got to admit to bad vibes on this one. I can't put my finger on why but I'm afraid we will lose tonight. I think the reason may be just plain old pessimism.

(Is it just me or are BCFC fans innately pessimistic?)

We're on a great run and Grimsby are struggling at the foot of the table so my head says 1-0 to us, but, but, but... my heart says 1-0 to them.

Pray that, for once, my head is right!

I really can't see Grimsby winning at all - for me, what is important tonight is the manner of the win. Saturday sounded ugly and we had to really grind out a result (which we did). I would hope that tonight that we win but win with playing well.

Sounds arrogant I know - but then 9 wins on the trot gives us the right to be so.

I wouldn't be too disspleased with a draw.

I think the players need drilled into them that they don't need to drop points. We have the ability to beat any team in this division, and just because law of averages saw we should lose, why should we?

Personally I don't think we have the bottle to keep winning and winning and winning, but the players have the ability to, and they must believe they don't need to lose or draw just because law of averages says we should.

I don't think Grimsby will be easy, they beat Brighton 2-1 at home on Saturday.

As to Wrexham, I think that looks a 0-0 at this moment in time, they are very tight at the back and we haven't got the best attack in the division.

Guest exiledred

if we want to be champions we should be able to beat everyone in this division. I think Danny and the players have learnt from the past and from what he has been saying they know that its far from won and they have to keep their feet on the ground.

3 points tonight- only wish i could afford to go

CTID

Guest exiledred

every match is a tough match- but the team must belive they can beat anyone at the moment- a point tonight wouldn't be a disaster and a i think we can get at least that

CTID

As to Wrexham, I think that looks a 0-0 at this moment in time, they are very tight at the back and we haven't got the best attack in the division.
That may be true, but as the chap I work with is a staunch Wrexham fan we'll win even if I have to get a really long straw and blow the ball into the back of the net from the stand.........

we are the team to beat in this div and everyone seems extra up for us - look at posh - didnt expect that from them... Grim have sold loadsa tickest and have loadsa giveaways on the night, so I'm sure that will be packed, so i dunno - think we should win but as before i know the run has to end somewhere... reading the posts, i am more fearful of teams such as Wrexham and Grim who our players might see as easier games, games like Wednesday and Brighton the players should be up for that themselves..

I aslo have a bad feeling about this game.

It's a hell of a way to travel especially after being away on Saturday.

By all accoutns their pitch is not very good and we play to our potential when playing passing football.

We have been on such a great run, it has to end sometime and I think tonight will be the night unfortunately.

Grimsby are going to be no push overs, especially after a great win over Brighton. They have a new guy in charge and they will want to please him, plus they have home advantage. I go for a draw, maybe 1-1.

Wrexham, to be fair are flying. They have pushed themselves into the play offs and are looking very strong in many areas of the pitch. Having said that, I still feel we have the better quality and with home advantage I go for a narrow 1-0 win.

The Sheff Wed game is dodgy, but one I think our guys will rise to. In front of a massive away following and in front of possibly 25,000 people, they will want to win this one more than anything. I think it will be a great contest and lots of goals. The score 2-3 to us.

MM

I've got to admit to bad vibes on this one.  I can't put my finger on why but I'm afraid we will lose tonight.  I think the reason may be just plain old pessimism. 

(Is it just me or are BCFC fans innately pessimistic?)

We're on a great run and Grimsby are struggling at the foot of the table so my head says 1-0 to us, but, but, but... my heart says 1-0 to them.

Pray that, for once, my head is right!

Ahh, my head got it right!!! :Party12: :Party27:

Which is a good job because I think my heart has just stopped. Watching the game on BBC web videprinter is not good for you.

Anyway, can any of the wordsmiths out there help me out with surreptiously getting the word xylophone into the topic subject of my next post concerning the Wrexham score?

Archived