IGNORED

Anyone Nervous?

Guest WestburyRed

Guest WestburyRed

I hate listening to games on the radio and due to needing a full day off today to attend I couldn't make it.

Nothing wrong with the radio commentaries but I just feel completely helpless and get stupidly worked up. Especially at the moment where we are on such a good run, I don't want it to end. I'm confident we will win, but even so I can't listen. So I'm not listening tonight, buggering off to Cineworld, movie at 8:15 so I will leave at 7pm, then get out around 10pm when its all over, the mother is texting me City and Plymouth scores.

So nearly £15 spent just to avoid listening to the match, bloody madness!

I hate listening to games on the radio and due to needing a full day off today to attend I couldn't make it.

Nothing wrong with the radio commentaries but I just feel completely helpless and get stupidly worked up. Especially at the moment where we are on such a good run, I don't want it to end. I'm confident we will win, but even so I can't listen. So I'm not listening tonight, buggering off to Cineworld, movie at 8:15 so I will leave at 7pm, then get out around 10pm when its all over, the mother is texting me City and Plymouth scores.

So nearly £15 spent just to avoid listening to the match, bloody madness!

Funny you should say that I'm the same although I have heard some of the commentaries on the away games.

I've got so bad that I will have TV on (Final score or Sky Sports News) and when they show the Div2 scores I put my hand in front my eyes so that I can't see the scores just the goal flashes at the bottom of the screen.

I listened to first half commentary on Saturday but decided to potter about in the garage for the second half. My neighbour pulled up about 4.30 and asked if I was listening to the game. When I said no she just said "Oh dear, peerhaps I shouldn't have said anything". I asked if we were losing and she said "Sorry, they've just scored" and went in.

That did it I had to put the radio on hoping we would turn it round like at Brentford. I couldn't believe it when I found out we were winning.

When we were out with the neighbours in the evening she said it was the first time she had ever wound anyone up without bursting out laughing. Am I gullible or what?

Its at times like these, that you suddenly start to realise how much you do love this bl00dy football club! And I do mean LOVE!

I am really nervous about this tonight, no explination, just nervous. It is so odd as for the last 9 games, I have been really confident. I know I will be gutted if we dont win and no amount of "it was bound to end sooner or later", will make it any easier.

WORRIED IN GLOUCESTER

Warming up to those positive thoughts people - even if we're not there we have to think positive and support.

Yes tonight feels scary, can;t explain it either - but the players are confident and let's face it, it is in their hands now.

COME ON CITY :dunno::blink::clap:

Win No.10 here we come :(:wub:

I can honestly say I haven't give it a second thought. Much more interesting things to do than worry about something I have no control on whatsoever.

Perhaps over-confidence has set in? Perhaps the thought of the pepperoni pizza I am about to whack in the oven has got my undivided attention?

I won't be listening to the game either as I don't like listening on the radio. Not because of nerves; just find the commentary so pants that I never know where on the pitch the ball actually is so can't get excited/nervous; just bored!

Probably pop in to the chat-room to find out the gossip later.

Relax people; there's always masturbation :blink::dunno:

Archived