IGNORED

How Depressingly Ironic...

Guest Ron

We have 10 games left including tonight's game at MK Dons, and there are 30 points up for grabs.

Home Games - Gillingham, Yeovil, Oldham, Swindon. We should win all these games without question. That's another 12 points, taking us to 55 points.

Away Games - MK Dons, Rotherham, Walsall, Hartlepool, Tranmere, and Southend. If we're on our game for all of these we should be able to win the first 5, maybe just the first 4, and that's 12, maybe 15 points, taking us to 68 or 70 points.

So finishing on 68/70 points puts us in almost exactly the same position as the same time last year. So, after a season of being relegation candidates instead of last year when we were in the play-offs for most of the season, we may well finish on the same amount of points - or if we play superbly and win all our games (or even get a draw at Southend) then get a higher points total than in 04/05. For my part I find that highly ironic and very depressing.

Still, 70 points is a great return from an awful season. :city:

We have 10 games left including tonight's game at MK Dons, and there are 30 points up for grabs.

Home Games - Gillingham, Yeovil, Oldham, Swindon. We should win all these games without question. That's another 12 points, taking us to 55 points.

Away Games - MK Dons, Rotherham, Walsall, Hartlepool, Tranmere, and Southend. If we're on our game for all of these we should be able to win the first 5, maybe just the first 4, and that's 12, maybe 15 points, taking us to 68 or 70 points.

So finishing on 68/70 points puts us in almost exactly the same position as the same time last year. So, after a season of being relegation candidates instead of last year when we were in the play-offs for most of the season, we may well finish on the same amount of points - or if we play superbly and win all our games (or even get a draw at Southend) then get a higher points total than in 04/05. For my part I find that highly ironic and very depressing.

Still, 70 points is a great return from an awful season. :city:

I'm not sure we'll reach that target in which case you'll avoid that depression Ron. I think we'll finish mid-table and i'll be pleased that we can all look to the future...again.

Archived