IGNORED

We Are Up!

City Exile

Or that is at least how it reads!

I really do not want to be a kill joy, and yes, it is absoluely fantastic to be top of the league this morning. A really great feeling. Well done to the players on 10 out of 10.

However, we are still a second division side. We will remain a second division side unless we can continue to play well over another 15 games. Lets not have a disco just yet. We are 3 points clear of third. That's all.

Lets just all enjoy the feeling today, and then get behind the team to cheer them over the line. I feel this season has a few more twists and turns yet!

I do seem to recall 2 seasons ago we topped the table on January 1 and people were shouting we're up and we finished 7th in the end.

Chickens and hatching, people, lets not get carried away. Its quite feasable to go 10 games without winning and we'll be in mid table mediocrity if we do. With 15 games left, and the last 8 a real run-in with our close rivals, we need to maintain good form but we're not up until the maths say we are.

Totally agree City Exile.

It's a great moment for everybody connected with Bristol football, however, it will get harder.

QPR and to a lesser extent Plymouth have had a wobble the last few weeks which has allowed us this great moment.

Pressure of being there and maintaining it will fall on our young team. Every team with something still to play for (either play-off or avoiding relegation) will want our scalp and want to be the team to end our unbeaten run to help their confidence for their own pressure situation.

I would imagine some players will be sleeping a little less and feeling tension a little more in the coming weeks. It is up to the fans over the coming weeks (both regular and floating) to really support the team and not to get frustrated the first time things are not going our way.

Now lets firk the :dunno: shaggers :blink:

Archived