IGNORED

He Did Mean It!

RedTop

I have to admit that when I watched the Orr goal again online, it does look very much as if he meant to shoot. I'm not saying he hit it exactly as he intended - that would, after all, be a first for Sir Bradley - but there's little doubt from where he looks and the way he shapes up that he does intend to go for goal.

Funnily enough, GJ seems to think the same. And his attempt from about 50 yards soon after also seems to back up his claim.

I think you're right.

I reckon there is a lot of banter amongst the players about who has scored. Louis was rightly full of himself recently when he scored his 2, and even tried telling Skuse that his goal didn't count as a 'first' as it was a pen!

Imagine the delight Brad took in saying to Carey 'beat that then'!!! :D

I was really happy that Orr got a goal, he is RedMJnr's favourite player and I had been telling him all morning that he was going to score on his birthday for him!!! I wish I had believed it myself as if I had the nerve to gamble I might have made a few quid!

You only have to look at the 'oh my god' look on Orr's face as he watches the ball in flight.The worried look says it all.He thought he'd sent into row Z of the Atyeo stand.

The picture is on the main site.

If Bradley thought the ball was going into Row Z, then that is categorical proof that it was a shot. I rest my case.

And his attempt from about 50 yards soon after also seems to back up his claim.

When he attempted that Beckhamesque speculative effort, I remember thinking that he was just doing it to make it look like his goal had also been intentional.

Instinct tells me he's just blagging. ;)

I have to admit that when I watched the Orr goal again online, it does look very much as if he meant to shoot. I'm not saying he hit it exactly as he intended - that would, after all, be a first for Sir Bradley - but there's little doubt from where he looks and the way he shapes up that he does intend to go for goal.

Funnily enough, GJ seems to think the same. And his attempt from about 50 yards soon after also seems to back up his claim.

Whether or not he meant Saturday's goal as a shot is not the issue for me.

More to the point is whether he'll feel confident enough to try it again and that is why GJ's backing shows good management to me.

Brad's cross-shot showed what can be done, effectively, just passing the ball into the net instead of trying to hit the cover off it - it isn't as though the keeper was unusually badly positioned, nor can anyone say we have a particularly good record of scoring from the full-backs just lobbing a cross into "the mixer".

So I'd like to see a few more "visionary" efforts from that part of the pitch (mirrored on left if you're reading Craig); note well the point Orr made about the forwards' movement pulling Yeovil around though.

Archived