IGNORED

Best Player

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

A mate at work asked me who I believed was the single playing insperation behind the teams great run. To be honest I couldn't single out a single player and say if we lost him we would suffer in previous seasons I would have said Murray (now I've not heard him mentioned for a while!!!!). Which shows the strength of the squad. Views

Recently for me, the one player standing out is Tommy who has played a major part both defensively and going forward and is in great form.

Peacock deserves a mention too. He is hitting shots from anywhere (and unlike in previous seasons when he seemed to want to walk the ball in the net) is forcing saves from some ridiculous angles. Must really inspire confidence in those around him.

Presumably I am listed on this forum as a Phillips knocker as I dared to criticise him previously, so I will say he has done the necessary when needed and his shot-stopping is of the highest order (I reserve the right to maintain my belief that crosses in to the box and kicking under pressure are a weakness).

Saying that, credit needs to go to the entire team; we can now defend from the front and the work-rate right throughout the team is quite stunning at times.

To narrow it down to one, based on the last few weeks which have turned our season around, it has to be Tommy.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think our midfield is to thank for our run, and Tommy has been the engine for it. The mans come back from the whole Wycombe thing to show why he's such an acclaimed player.

Goodfellow has also been a breath of fresh air since starting and Aaron Brown has looked a threat

The great thing about Bristol City this season is that they are a "team". there is no single player who gets all the headlines (assuming there are any to start with) or who necessarily stands out ahead of all the others.

Strength in depth and team spirit seem to be the key words to describe why we are doing so well. Ok and a bit of luck too :P

It's not a single player who's been behind our run, and that's a great sign.

Our run last season was mainly down to Scotty playing out of his skin and as much as we didn't like to admit it then, it's the truth. This run we've had about 6/7 different scorers, none of which has got the majority of goals (anyone got any stats?).

It's a complete team effort this time round and one which DW should take most credit for if anyone should be singled out.

;)

Archived