IGNORED

Media Coverage

Guest Bobo Dave

Guest Bobo Dave

:dunno:

10th win on the trott, now Top of Div 2 having snuck up the table almost un-noticed, and where is the media coverage ???

BBC Website - 3 short sentences, nothing more

BBC 606 - a few mentions

Daily Star - note I don't normally read this paper, just one of the lads in the office happened to have a copy of it (honestly !!) - not a mention of BCFC or even the Plymouth game. Unless it was that small a missed it !!!!

HTV Website - one brief paragraph.

Haven't seen the EP as yet, or any of the other Nationals.

But, doesn't this go to prove that we must get out of this poxy division this season or be ignored by the media 'cos Div 2 is obviously be full of news-less teams and not even worth wasting the print & paper on.

ps - after every game I normally receive stacks of txts from friends who support Rovers, having a pop at City ("U were lucky / we was robbed" etc etc etc) not one last night !!!! But I sent plenty to them - ha ha ha ha !

We're in division two - what do you expect!

The best for our team..... what do you expect?

Spread the world get in touch with the papers sports editors, tv/radio and let them know about Bristol City............... It works for me!

It's not alway how big you are that matters...... it's often how big people percieve you to be that counts ;)

Get to it good folk of the forum.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Guest BBC Chris
10th win on the trott, now Top of Div 2 having snuck up the table almost un-noticed, and where is the media coverage ???

BBC Website - 3 short sentences, nothing more

That's absolute rubbish - the Bristol Where I Live site has a rundown of HOW City got top of the league, a match report, and a huge graphic on the homepage saying 'We are top of the league' ...

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

there is an arsenal fan on the 606 section on the bbc website saying

"Arsenal fan here, I have not posted on the DIV 2 MB before, but I just wanted to take a moment to say well done Bristol City. great run of wins. good luck for the rest of the season."

there are some people that have notice are run ;)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Bristol is a media backwater for sport - Look at the coverage Millwall and QPR get!

I think everyone maoned about this last time we got promotion and obviously things havn't changed.

As for the BBC - Well as far as they're concerned the Premiership is all the football played in this country, apart from cup games where they make patronising comments over 90 mins.

I'm more than happy for us to get very little coverage, the less it is spread about, about our run, the less people will be out to get us.

As long as we get the credit in May, I'll be happy

The opening lines on "live on Sky Sports" last night at 10.00pm.

Tonight we are talking about international football, but first we can not go ahead without talking about Bristol City.

The presenter and Steve Claridge then discussed BCFC for a few minutes and past on congratulations for sticking with our manager after last years disapointment !

;)

Guest eviltaxman

The back of the Evil Post at lunchtime had the heading "Perfect 10". I thought great, boobies!!!!.... then woke up and realised it was the City "headlines".

Perfect 10 yes, but can we make it a perfect 25???

Guest bemmyred

We get regular , almost daily comments on Talk Sport at 4.45pm on the Tony Casscarino and a. n. other show because the bloke who does the business news is a red supporter !!

We had prety darn good coverage on Sky Sports last night, on Sky Sports news they had a reporter at our game (with almost instant updates) and once we went top we were actually in the football tonight headlines. I watched them at 10pm and 11pm just to savour the fact we'd made good news.

Ooh and some silly sod was on Radio Bristol this morning at 7am.. who'd get up that early?  :D;)

:clap: ....... double :D ....... if only I were a girl

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

(Strange ....I didn't type the last bit, but it reads well and I thought it was funny so I'll leave it in ;) )

We had prety darn good coverage on Sky Sports last night, on Sky Sports news they had a reporter at our game (with almost instant updates) and once we went top we were actually in the football tonight headlines. I watched them at 10pm and 11pm just to savour the fact we'd made good news.

Ooh and some silly sod was on Radio Bristol this morning at 7am.. who'd get up that early?  :clap:  ;)

I Was, Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.. I Was Sleeping at a mates and i heard the radio from down stairs and heard Tom chatting about City. Heh. Thought it was funny myself, his Brizzle accent almost sounded as bad as mine. :D.

I Was, Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.. I Was Sleeping at a mates and i heard the radio from down stairs and heard Tom chatting about City. Heh. Thought it was funny myself, his Brizzle accent almost sounded as bad as mine. ;).

The mystery unfolds........ hello to you & Tarquin

I was going to mention the accent (Toms) it was great how he started to sound Bristolian and then back out ....... but stone me ...... back into it again Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

he should have his own show....... or website or something :P

Hey it's happened again..... sorry Tarquin....... it was not me ..... these are indeed strange days on the forum and we're Top of Div 2 or something.... anyone else heard anything about it?

Archived