IGNORED

City V Grimsby

Bristol Boy

First of all, I can't understand anyone building a place so far from anywhere else, but there you go.

I was interesting talking to Grimsby supporters after the game and they all, to a man/woman, praised City as opposed to criticising their own team.

Comments like:

"You just keep going"

"Best side we've seen this season, by a mile."

"Another late goal"

"I'd rather you went up than those cockney bankers".....or something like that!

Some others included:

"F Off back to Bristol and Get off my foot!" but that's another story!" & "Don't park outside my ****ing houes!"

Anyway, the game and, as usual, I'll try to be balanced:

We stared well, for a change and came out of the blocks, firing on all four cylinders( not to mix methaphors to much) and AB should have scored when through on the angle against the keeper, his shot was saved an LP couldn't turn in the rebound.

A string of AB corners, whipped in with snot on them, produced a cracking header from Miller.1-0.

Then the Nazi, bent ba***rd referee (not that I'm one to complain) completely dropped a goolie and instead of the inept, homosexual linesman, flagging to say he's got it wrong, he let it go and it's one all.

The rest of the first half was even steven as Grimsby came back into the game.

The second half was dominated by City and we were unlucky not to two up when Millers goal was disallowed for off side by the same, Hom linesman, that didn't get involved in overturning the penalty.

Coles brought a good save with a header from Wilkshires short corner routine with AB as the pressure mounted, towards crescendo.

Miller hit the bar with a quality short range chip and looked a menace throughout.

Then, after they hit the post, against the run of play, City were rewarded when Woodmans cross was turned back across goal, Lita missed an overhead allowing AB to hook in RIGHT FOOTED.

All in all we looked far better, passed it and fully deserved a bigger win.

Ratings

Phillips 7/10 Looked confident and kicked better.

Carey 7/10 Solid defensive job and used the ball well when in possesion.

Hill 7/10 Great tackle for the "penalty".Distribution still an issue, but better.

Coles 8/10 Solid in defence and threatened in attack.Passing still an issue.

Butler 5/10 Gave away a penalty, that wasn't given, in wrestling Rankine to the floor and also could have been sent off for an off the ball incident with Rankine which the aforementioned dipstick linesman (more like Lino man) didn't spot.....yet still allowed the ref to book Butler for!!! Coles & Hill for me Saturday, unless Wrexham have two giants up front.

Wilkshire 7/10 Got involved and tried to pass it. Looks like Norman Hunter compared to Goodfellow!! Early corners lacked some zip.

Doherty 8/10 Won it, passed it,gave it and even tried to get past the ball!

Tinnion 7/10 Back to his old self in driving the team on and passed it.

Brown 8/10 Worked hard, brilliant corners, nearly scored from one and a constant menace.Getting there.

Miller 8/10 Constant menace, cracking goal and looked right up for it

Peacock 7/10 Good contribution, although the goals have dried up a bit.

Woodman 7/10 Looked far better than as of late and made a contribution.We passed it so much better when TB went off.

Lita 7/10 Did his usual stuff.A threat.

Goodfellow 5/10 I'm getting worried about this kid.Looks a chicken at times and I don't expect him to get better than the bench on Saturday.Skills there, pace there.....Heart??

Guest cider gliders

Yeah, we agree 100%, ole the Grimsby fans we spoke

to said we were the best team they ad seen up thur

ole season, an we must admit it was the best we ad

seen the city play for a long time! Which do sound a bit

odd seein` we ad won our last ten! With a bit more luck

we could have won 5-1 with the chances we ad in the second

half! Yer right, that ruddy ref was a disgrace, we stood an

applauded Matt Hills great tackle on that Barnsley reject

Rankin! an the ref gave a ruddy penalty! what a joke.

Never mind, ole Aaron Brown stuck away the winner an

we be now top of the pile! :P UP THE CITY! ;)

Archived