IGNORED

Grimsby Satisfaction

Guest december 1963

Guest december 1963

I don't go to every away game but I go to quite a few. I've never been further north for a match than York. I've never attempted such a long journey to a match and tried to get there and back in a day. There will have been a lot of you who would like to have gone but couldn't. I was lucky that my job permitted it. I drove 3 and three quarter hours on the way back without a stop - it had taken even longer to get there. 510 miles round trip and nothing BUT nothing can explain the feeling of satisfaction you get sitting in the car in a side street in Cleethorpes, with a lukewarm coffee from the flask in your hand, and your team has just won yet again in the last 2 or 3 minutes. I just wish I could put that feeling in a bottle. Going top as we heard over the tannoy that Plymouth had lost 0-3 felt like we'd won promotion last night. Thankfully the team don't think like me. I possibly won't ever go to Grimsby again but what a great memory

Guest BCFC Matt

I was going to get some fish and chips but couldnt be bothered to wiat in that massive line!

Amazing feeling of pride at the end, the players kept their heads despite an incosistent performance from the officials...well done, keep it up!

Archived