IGNORED

Play To The Final Whistle!

City Exile

Cos I got bored, had a look at when our goals have been going in over the last 10 games. My memory is that we have won all of them in the last minute!

For what it is worth, if all games had finished at half time, we would have had 18 points. After 75 mins, 20 points, after 80 minutes, 24 points (same after 85 mins), compared to the 30 points that we have now.

My own view is that it is a mixture of belief, good subs with pace, and just a little luck here and there. The last 15 minutes have propelled us from a good run settling in nicely to a play off, to a blinding one.

A couple of 'interesting' facts from the league:

- what, not a single penalty? Cannot even remember a decent appeal! Likely to be more a reflection that we are not hitting there goal area at pace enough; Anyone for our best shout this year?

- we have never failed to win when we have scored 2 (or failed to lose when we have conceeded 2).

- in no game this year has both sides scored more than once (obvious really with the fact above!)

- we have only conceeded 3 goals once, and 2 goals once.

- conceeded 1 goal 18 times, and kept a clean sheet 11 times.

- in our run of ten games, we have always kept a clean sheet, conceeded one, clean sheet etc. Therefore we will not conceed against Wrexham. Only actually conceeded one home goal in five games.

Simple route to promotion - score 2 goals a game!

It seems obvious that our good run has been built on a very solid defence rather that the ability to score goals. We have only scored 46 while Plymouth have 65 and QPR have got 55.

If our defence go through a bad patch or we lose defenders through injury then it could be very difficult to sustain a promotion push.

Our forwards are going to have to take more responsibility and some of the pressure of the rest of the team.

Archived