IGNORED

Roversto Play Iraq

City Exile

It seems Rovers are to play Iraq at the start of the new season.

A spokesman for the club said they wanted to do their bit recognising the crisis of the last few years. They would seek to build ties and saw this as a good way to start to help rejuvinate their opposition, who had been through unspeakable turmoil. "Its not been easy for them to even field a side at times, and its a tribute to them that they are still even around. We felt it only fair to try and help out. It puts our own challanges into context." He went on to say he hoped to invite Rovers to play a return in Iraq later.

I'll get my coat.

Guest DrFaustus

The point being that we got rid of all our Weapons of Mass Destruction over the last 7 years; Stewart, Hayles, Roberts, Cureton, Zamora, Eliington: and now we're left with Weapons of Mass depression.

Not only that, our match day announcer has a habit of saying, just as Rovers are coming on to the pitch, "I can smell Gas". Good grief, can you imagine newly "liberated" Iraqis hearing that, they'd jit the ground quicker than you could say, "Michael Owen/ Ruud Van etc/ Thierry Henry is a diving turd"

Archived