IGNORED

Wrexham

Bristol Boy

No doubt Wrexham are a threat away from home.

They have actually picked up more points away from home than at home!

Played 14 Won 8 Lost 6 No Draws.

They play 3-5-2 with Paul & Carlos Edwards at wing back providing the threat & crosses for ex Spurs star Chris Armstrong & ex Gashead Llewellyn.

Their best defender Brian Carey was out last week with hamstring strain but looks likely to play Saturday.

Another defender was sent off against Barnsley, but plays, as does Darren Ferguson, who picked up his fifth yellow card and will be suspended soon, but not Saturday!

For an attack minded side, they have only scored 19 and conceded 18.

Afraid it all points to a score draw, as they have to draw sooner or later...........let's hope not!!

Guest Uncle Ern

We must beat the "Wrexham jinx."Anyone who remembers our cup encounters whilst in the old first division when they were in the Third will know what I'm on about.

• Admin
No doubt Wrexham are a threat away from home.

They have actually picked up more points away from home than at home!

Played 14 Won 8 Lost 6 No Draws.

They play 3-5-2 with Paul & Carlos Edwards at wing back providing the threat & crosses for ex Spurs star Chris Armstrong & ex Gashead Llewellyn.

Their best defender Brian Carey was out last week with hamstring strain but looks likely to play Saturday.

Another defender was sent off against Barnsley, but plays, as does Darren Ferguson, who picked up his fifth yellow card and will be suspended soon, but not Saturday!

For an attack minded side, they have only scored 19 and conceded 18.

Afraid it all points to a score draw, as they have to draw sooner or later...........let's hope not!!

Speaking to a Brentford fan last night and he said that when Wrexham visited Griffin Park, all their best moves were initiated by Llewllyn. He said that if we stop Llewellyn Wrexham won't be any threat to us. ;)

Guest city slicker 71
We must beat the "Wrexham jinx."Anyone who remembers our cup encounters whilst in the old first division when they were in the Third will know what I'm on about.
That 4-4 game the buggers would not lay down and die, they will this time!

UP THE ROBINS

The worst performance by a City side I have ever witnessed at The Racecourse Ground earlier this season.

The best of the season on Saturday I hope and more of the same to follow at Hillsborough.

Couldnt be as bad as at Wycombe, least it was a draw! ;)

Seriously though, City will have to play well, and we've more games like this before the end of the season, either direct rivals, or sides going for play off places.

the lads will show us what they are made of now! :D

The Wrexham jinx is yet another challenge for the boys to beat! :clap:

Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeds!! :D

i was wondering if tony butler will play tomorrow as they have hector sam who is fast and very pacey. also they have chris llewellyn and chris armstrong who are quite fast players aswell. I'm sure if they run at him they would beat him any day of the week

i would stick with the same side that finished on tuesday night (other than leroy lita)

.............................Phillips

Carey............Coles...........Hill.................Woodman

Goodfellow.....Doherty.............Tinnion..........Brown

.....................Peacock..............Miller

subs:

lita

butler

wilkshire

roberts

fortune

i was wondering if tony butler will play tomorrow as they have hector sam who is fast and very pacey. also they have chris llewellyn and chris armstrong who are quite fast players aswell. I'm sure if they run at him they would beat him any day of the week

i would stick with the same side that finished on tuesday night (other than leroy lita)

subs:

lita

butler

wilkshire

roberts

fortune

Believe me when I say that, at present, Wilkshire, whilst not at his best wide, is far better than freezer on current form and will be DW's choice as he will contend with their wing back system better, which can dominate possession by swamping midfield.

Totally agree with the other posters about leaving out TB and Rotherham are looking to bid for both wing backs.

Guest Friday The 13th

I would advise against Woodman playing left back. They have a very quick and skillful player in Carlos Edwards as their right winger. We all saw how Rougier ran all over Woodman.

...................Phillips

Carey... Coles... Butler/Fortune.... Hill

M. Brown... Doherty... Tinnion... A. Brown

................Miller..... Peacock

Subs.

Lita

Wilkshire

Woodman

Fortune/Butler

Stowell/Roberts/Goodfellow (hard to choose between these 3, but Wilson would choose Goodfellow)

subs:

lita

butler

wilkshire

roberts

fortune

Good point about Hector Sam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ham/3503261.stm

Guest goatinho
Seriously though, City will have to play well, and we've more games like this before the end of the season, either direct rivals, or sides going for play off places.

the lads will show us what they are made of now!

But if you look at our record this season against all the top teams its better than it has been for ages. Nothing to fear in Wrexham. show them respect, but no mercy.

But if you look at our record this season against all the top teams its better than it has been for ages. Nothing to fear in Wrexham. show them respect, but no mercy.
True enough, but over confidence with Denis Smith about may be caned.

Must Admit I'd prefer to see Goodfellow playing, and Robbo on the bench, to take his place if he dont turn a good game in, rather than Marvin, and it may be worth resting Tins or Wilks to keep Doc on to start, too.

Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!!!! :dunno::dunno:

Guest weqprarebetterthanu

A s the hoops are palying tonight means that we might pop down for the Wrexam game and see how good you lot are at the minute .

Tickets are no problem for the game as things stand.

Will it be awsome or awful ,we shall see

That 4-4 game the buggers would not lay down and die, they will this time!

UP THE ROBINS

I thought it was City who wouldn't lay down and die that day!

Weren't Wrexham 4-2 up with a few minutes remaining and Mabbutt scored a very late couple to force a replay?

Wish he hadn't though. I went to the miserable replay where we lost 3-0 which i think stands as our record defeat against Wrexham.

A s the hoops are palying tonight means that we might pop down for the Wrexam game and see how good you lot are at the minute .

Tickets are no problem for the game as things stand.

Will it be awsome or awful ,we shall see

probably be awful! yet still get the three points.

Last season we seemed to play other teams off the park, yet luck or whatever it was did not go our way and we never got enough points.

This season I think the entertainment value has been pretty poor a lot of the time but now we have a combination of an improved defence and good luck and maybe a weaker division to play in.

Cocky I know but outside of the top four sides, there are not many really good sides, just a lot of huff and puff.

As I have said many times on this forum over the past few weeks or so...

"Bristol City FC - Nationwide League Division 2 Official Jinx Breakers 2003/2004 Season" :dunno:

Archived