IGNORED

15 Games

Bristol Boy

For the last two seasons, prior to 03/04, second place has been acheived with 84 & 86 points.

I'd love to win it, but I'd settle for second today, if it was offered.

With 15 games left, a possible 45 points are possible, giving us a tally of 106 points which, if I'm honest, I can't see us getting close to........be nice if I'm wrong!

On that basis, we need either 23 or 25 more points, which doesn't seem huge from a possible 45 points

8 more wins from 15 games?-6 wins- 7 draws- 2 Defeats.

Barring accidents & injuries,I can't see us losing 7 (Touching Wood here) and we need to pick up 55% of the points we play for.

I think we need another 30 points for the Championship (91).

Over to you!

I've gotta say, i'm with whole idea of us getting promoted and not worrying about where we finish. 1st 2nd of 6th, as long as we're in division one next season i don't care...although first would be nice, if only for the prestige and trophy

Wigan won the Division last season with 100 points with Crewe 14 points behind them - so by my reckoning 93 points should be enough to see us up.Thats another 32 points from a possible 45.

Thats 12 dropable points,in other words 4 defeats or 6 draws.Thats a tall order...it ain't over yet especially with April still to come...

I believe that the top three will continue to pick up the majority of points available. Crucial will be our games against PA and QPR which are mustn't lose matches. They also have to play each other at PA.

I go with bristol_boy and would also take 2nd right here and now. I don't want to be involved in the play-off's, too much of a lottery for my liking (which reminds me, could be a multi-millionaire by now!).

For auto 88 points might do it, that is 27 from 45, we are currently on target for 90/1.

However, I really do not like the look of that run in one little bit, too many tough games in a very short period of time. Will get to see the character of the team, no complaints since mid November from me.

It think its about £10'000 if that.
I suspect the financilaarewards are far greater if you get promotion via the play offs.

There's the gate revenue from the games but more importantly there's the merchandising (t-shirts, flgs etc) that is an integral part of the play off final.

Archived