IGNORED

8 Points From Play Offs

Guest SUPER REDS

Guest SUPER REDS

Tremendous result today makes us the most inform team,if we can win again monday and results go our way then just 5 pts in it with 3 to go anything can happen

Guest rod12

Tremendous result today makes us the most inform team,if we can win again monday and results go our way then just 5 pts in it with 3 to go anything can happen

DREAMER !

Barnsley's fixtures are:

Southend (H)

Blackpool (A)

Bradford (H)

Walsall (A)

Can't see them picking up less than four points from those games, which effectively would put them out of reach.

BUT...we can catch Oldham, and to finsh in Eighth would be a real acheivement if you consider where we were back in October.

Guest shantrb

Dreams can come true you know

Who is it on the forum who has 'you may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one...' as their avatar.

By the way, we were 8 points off the play-offs before today, only with an extra game for us to pick up points, so if anything our chances have got slimmer after today. But what the hell, play-offs here we come!

Guest SUPER REDS

Barnsley's fixtures are:

Southend (H)

Blackpool (A)

Bradford (H)

Walsall (A)

Can't see them picking up less than four points from those games, which effectively would put them out of reach.

BUT...we can catch Oldham, and to finsh in Eighth would be a real acheivement if you consider where we were back in October.

Southend lost today still need points for championship,blackpool and walsall both away need the points and Bradford looking for a last saeson home win

Well we were 8 pts back before the game making 8 pts up in 5 is near impossible 8pts in 4 is obviously harder.

But results slightly went our way, as now 2 playoff spots are in play. we'll see, either way I'd like us just to win the rest of our games and what happens happens.

All we can do is keep winning and HOPE.

Although we should hopefully win both home games, Both the away games are going to be tricky Tranmere is always a tough place to play and Southend is going to be VERY tough!

City can only get a max of 70 points. That means Colchester and H'field need one point from 4 games. Swansea and B'ley need just 4 from 4 games and Forest need 6 points from 4 games.

Coca-Cola Football League One Table

1 Southend 42 29 77

2 Brentford 42 18 70

3 Colchester 42 14 69

4 Huddersfield 42 13 69

5 Swansea 42 21 66

6 Barnsley 42 17 66

7 Nottm Forest 4215 64

8 Oldham 42 0 63

9 Bristol City 42 1 58

10 Doncaster 42 -1 57

11 Bradford 42 2 56

It ain' going to happen! Its Div 1 again next season.... :crying:

Who is it on the forum who has 'you may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one...' as their avatar.

Tim, aka WTFIGO?!?, I think...

City can only get a max of 70 points. That means Colchester and H'field need one point from 4 games. Swansea and B'ley need just 4 from 4 games and Forest need 6 points from 4 games.

Coca-Cola Football League One Table

1 Southend 42 29 77

2 Brentford 42 18 70

3 Colchester 42 14 69

4 Huddersfield 42 13 69

5 Swansea 42 21 66

6 Barnsley 42 17 66

7 Nottm Forest 4215 64

8 Oldham 42 0 63

9 Bristol City 42 1 58

10 Doncaster 42 -1 57

11 Bradford 42 2 56

It ain' going to happen! Its Div 1 again next season.... :crying:

Exactly, there's no chance.

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

I'm with you mate. it would be a very boring run in if we don't look at it this way!

don't think we will, but even if we went in to the last game of the season needing to win 10-0 and hope forest and barnsley lose, i will still be full of hope!

Guest Forest for life

You better believe it City boys. You can make the play offs and we can make automatic promotion! It would do us good if you could beat Oldham on Monday too even though they lost today. Its all about form at the end of the season nothing else matters. All those teams in the play offs are quivering with fear. U REDS.

Guest Forest for life

We all thought it was over months ago until Frank Barlow took the reigns. God bless Megson for bringing the genius to Forest.

OK folks, IF results went City's way and we reached the play offs AND then made the final, our opppos could well be Swansea on current standings.

If so, would it be a case of "Oh no"!

or "Right let's get our own back"?

Well, you can only hope now can't you? :)

But hey, if we finish 8th place with 70 points after a Season that started pair shaped, then I think that's a miracle in itself! :rolleyes:

We all thought it was over months ago until Frank Barlow took the reigns. God bless Megson for bringing the genius to Forest.

Hypothetical question, but did we miss a trick by not appointing Barlow instead of Tins when Wilson left ? Hindsight is a wondeful thing, but you never know ?

Hypothetical question, but did we miss a trick by not appointing Barlow instead of Tins when Wilson left ? Hindsight is a wondeful thing, but you never know ?

Looks like it but i'd see how things pan out next season before making a judgement, mabye Barlows appointment has just seen Forest hit a purple patch, unlikely but it could be and sustained form is the key.

But no matter where we finish if both of us can keep up our form of late into next season then we will be up there, we need a bit of tweaking to cut out performances like against Rotherham but not too much.

Guest twaters

What are the chances of Man Utd Winning the league? Probably about the same as us making the playoffs! Why? Well atleat Man Utd play Chelsea and can inflict a defeat on them where as the play offs are totally out of our hands.

Our plus point is that Swansea and Barnsley arent in great form al be it Barnsleys away trouncing of Oldham. We do have a glimmer but not much more chance than Man Utd.

Guest BCFC1983/84

In John Ward's first season we won our last 5 matches and sneaked into the play-offs, although we lost to brentford. Anything can happen!

i think Forest will pip Barnsley for 6th place, we'll edge in front of Oldham

and finish 8th. not bad for a team who were bottom before Christmas.

next year will be our year! :englandsmile4wf: (where have i heard that before!)

Archived