IGNORED

Whats Your Pre Match Build Up Then?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Done before but i'm bored.

My day starts with a visit to the local shop to by the sun and fags for the day, perfectly timed to coinside with the opening of the local.

On entering the pub it's stella time where I like to sink about 4 jars of the stuff while examining the days betting tips and debating wether or not to have a gamble. During this time my mate would have joined me and we would spend our time moaning about the mrs, who City should play from the start and possibly what happend the previous night!

At about 1 we'll be joind by Tompo and then aim for the ground in time for another pint inside the Wedlocks.

Or the short version - Drink lager and read a comic

Guest RedwardsV1

I get up go 2 the Shop 2 get a sun, get 2 the ground about an hour be4 the KO and have a couple of pints with my mates in the city bar..... nothing special really :Sleep12:

Wake up, fags, Sun and Lottery.

Go home; always some D-I-Y job to do.

12ish, have dinner; start to watch live game on Sky if there is one

1:30ish up local bookies; silly football bets that never work, still who needs money!

Then straight to ground,

park up,

decide can't be arsed to queue up in Red and White bar,

in ground,

pee-break,

sit on tea stained floor in Dolman snack place and have a drink,

pee-break,

up to seat, ponder if can wait until half-time for another pee-break,

have a pee-break,

have a fag,

team runs out,

watch game in between answering daughters 101 questions on life, universe and everything

EITHER....

Wake up about 9am and watch Soccer AM till 12, where i will get showered and changed and usually watch the 1st half of the 12pm game. At Half Time me and my Dad will go down to the 3 Lions where i will have a few drinks and chat to random people, then i leave the pub at 2:30pm and go in our parking space, get our pre match food and go to our seat.

OR

When i leave the house i go down the ground and hang around in the CJS room with a few of my mates then i will either meet my dad or go in the game with my mates.

Done before but i'm bored.

My day starts with a visit to the local shop to by the sun and fags for the day, perfectly timed to coinside with the opening of the local. 

On entering the pub it's stella time where I like to sink about 4 jars of the stuff while examining the days betting tips and debating wether or not to have a gamble.  During this time my mate would have joined me and we would spend our time moaning about the mrs, who City should play from the start and possibly what happend the previous night!

At about 1 we'll be joind by Tompo and then aim for the ground in time for another pint inside the Wedlocks.

Or the short version - Drink lager and read a comic

Couple of hours drive....... through some of the best countryside in the world

Arrive in Bristol, park up scoff some grub...... walk to the 'Gate' get there about an hour before kick off..................

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

when I'm working <----- ;) (I HATE WORKING) on staurday mornings I'm up at 6 do my insulin injection so i can be on time for work at 7 finish at 1pm get home have lunch then leave at 1:30pm get down the gate for 2:30ish.

though sometimes i have to work saturday afternoon which ######es me right off when i have to miss games but not much i can do about it :D

up at 8, breakfast, dump, pick me Cd's for the drive, hit the road for 10, stop at Chippenham Services(Extract the gypsies out of any Swineden etc), pick up the Evil Post for team selection lies, . Hit Briz bout 12, nip to Fowlers for cheap bike gear, Park up in supermarket or opposite Wills, Nip to the Robins for a couple of pints, head for ground at 1440, get me OTIB, look at the shop, and take me seat. Game on!! 5 o clock delirious(More of that these days!) or depressed, trot off home up the M4!! ;)

Guest Ricky BCFC

On Saturdays its normally something like this

Get up around 10am - 12pm

Have a shower

Get dressed, grab a drink, and watch whatever came is on Sky

Get picked up by my mate around 2pm

Get to the ground, sometimes have wonder around the shop

Usually get something from one of the burger vans

Go into the ground, get to my seat and then just sit and chat for a bit until around 5-10 mins before the game when I will stand up and try and get a bit of singing going. On bigger games I will probably start singing a bit earlier earlier.

Then at 3pm I watch the game

On night games it goes like this

At around 5pm I will get my hair cut by my mum (always do before night games for some reason!)

Go in the shower

Get changed into my clothes I plan on wearing for the match

Grab a beer

Then I just hang around until around 7pm, when I get into the car, go and pick my mate up and go to the ground.

Go the burger van and get food

Go into the ground and follow same routine as saturdays

And that is your average matchday in the life of Ricky. ;)

Home Games

8:30pm - Get Up (Hardest Part Of The Day In My Family)

9:00-12:00 - Lovejoy And Chamberlain Show

12:00-12:15 - Ring Mates Up To See If Their Going To Game

12:15-12:30 - Getting Prepared

12:30-1:45 - Go Up Nailsea Tesco For Stuff To Take To The Game. Chip Shop Also.

1:45-2:30 - Bus To Ashton Gate

2:30-2:45 - Walk Around City Shop

2:45-3:00 - Preparing For KickOff

Wake up at 9am watch Soccer AM

Don the City shirt at 12pm

Settle down and watch Footy Focus at 12.10pm with a chilled pint of Kingston Press cider

Bacon butties at 1pm

Leave at 1.20pm straight down Ladbrokes (oppostite the Robins pub)

Then round to the Ship n Castle for a few sly pre-match pints

Guest Ricky BCFC
That's a strange one.... ;)
Haha well it's not like I plan it like that, but I have my hair cut every few weeks and on night games I always have a shower and get changed just before I leave and the house has normally quitened down by then so it seems like the most convenient time to do it.

Guest redrobin108
get up at 8am,watch soccer am(unless working)

Get the 12.40 train fron taunton-bristol templemeads,

get taxi to the hen&chicken,have a couple pints of fosters,

walk down to the rising sun,drink some more,say hello to the stunnin girl in there

at about 2.50 get in the ground!!!

She has a great pair of bristols

For me i usually stay in bed till about 9 ish then get some breakfast take a shower.

Chill out till 12 ish when i will watch Football Focus and On the ball. Then start to get ready for the match at about 2 ish then leave soon after. ;) Pretty straight foward really.

wake up at 9am with my three kids jumping on my bed.

go down stairs and have a nice cooked breakfast (only one of the week)

do anything the wife wants! to get in her good books!

Mean to leave the house at 1200, but actually end up jumping in my car at 1300 hours and get onto the M4 East of Reading (I live in Wargrave, just south of Henley)

Hammer down the M4 between 90 and 125 depending on how fast the car in front is going.

Get to the ground at 1445, where my mate David has aready got me a beer in (nice chap that he is)

sit down in my seat bang in the middle of the dolman as the whistle blows to start the game. (after getting moaned at for being late, which is a fair cop!!)

Guest Topbuzz

8am Get up struggling from night before

8-30am Resolve And Coffee

9am Soccer Am the best pre match entertainment

12am Bus to town from gas filled kingswood

12-30 Meet mates in town straight to Robins

12-45 Prem n cider at the robins

1-30 bookies to put my tenner on lita being FINAL goal scorer

2-30 Down the ground happily the east end roar the boys on

I love Saturdays simple pleasures but the best

Wake up about 7

go on internet

watch soccer am at 9

get breakfast in the break

go back on internet for abit

watch abit of any game thats on

have a shower

leave house at 1

get to ground for about 20 past

the either go to pub wit dad

OR

meet the groovy gang and play tiddlywinks

watch us win

go home

go out

get drunk

Anymore you wanna know about? ;):P

Guest city3rovers2

I roll out of bed at about half 11, shuffle around trying to find clothes while still half asleep, walk the 5 minutes through my uni campus to the carpark where my car is, stop at tescos for petrol and usually something sugary to give me a boost, then hurtle off down the A470, then the M4, then the M49, down the portway, park up on cumberland road, across the bridge, down coronation road, in the re and white for a bit, meet up with dad, amtes, etc, in the ground around 2.30/2.45, sit in me seat, have a natter to those around me, then the lads come out and off we go...

I roll out of bed at about half 11, shuffle around trying to find clothes while still half asleep, walk the 5 minutes through my uni campus to the carpark where my car is, stop at tescos for petrol and usually something sugary to give me a boost, then hurtle off down the A470, then the M4, then the M49, down the portway, park up on cumberland road, across the bridge, down coronation road, in the re and white for a bit, meet up with dad, amtes, etc, in the ground around 2.30/2.45, sit in me seat, have a natter to those around me, then the lads come out and off we go...
You dont just have a natter before the game mate, you never stop ;)

Get up around 7-ish. Feed rabbits, bring wife cup of tea. Wake daughters. Pile into car around 8.30-9 if we're lucky. Drive (from Barnstaple) to Cribbs Causeway. Tolerate shopping for a few hours. Go into all the sports shops and grumble about why there are no City and Rovers shirts, just Premiership clubs. KFC for lunch. Drive to the ground. Park in secret location (hey, I'm not telling anyone else where it is or it'll be gone next time!). Club shop. Buy programme and "One Team In Bristol" if available. Atyeo snack bar (avge queue length 20 minutes). Take seats with 15 minutes to go. Wife usually freezing by now so warm her up (steady!). Watch match. Go Home.

Archived