IGNORED

Fans Favourite

Big Red Rich

In previous seasons we've had some great fans' favourites. Jackie, Shaun Goater, Murray, Akinbiyi, Agostino, Goodridge, Testimatanu? etc etc.

Whether it be the flair player or the goalscorer someone has been the crowd favourite.

Since Murray has gone who do you think it is? Tinnion obviously but for most of his time here he has been a favourite. Peacock might be our top goalscorer but gets slated. Miller has his good and bad days, Phillips gets nicknamed flapper, Roberts can be frustrating, Hill and his penalties.........

So who is your fans favourite and why?

I think i'd have to go for Lee Peacock. Always gives 100% IMO and plays up to the crowd, and important ingrediant for a crowd favourite i think!

All round fans favourite has to be Tinman.

Been here god knows how long, shows the fans some real passion, 35 and is probably fitter than anyone of us on here, rally's the team together and has made 500 appearences for our club. Need i go on?!

Most of us would call him a legend, i know i do ;)

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Tinman for me still the best and always gives 100% which to be fair every player has done recently hence us being top.

Leroy always gets a cheer and seems popular with the crowd but not established enough yet in the side to be a real fav!

Agree about Tins, but if you leave him out of the equation, it's gotta be Tommy Doc for me - recent games seems leaner, meaner and fitter. Linking up play well, cancelling out the opposition and scoring goals ;) So he gets my vote

Fans Favourite - Tins

Forum Favourite - The Untouchable Mr Phillips

My Favourite - Christian Roberts because of his total unpredictability and frustration. No other player can raise the fans hopes and quash them a second later in the same way ;)

Tinman first,

but after that TOMMY, TOMMY, TOMMY. I know he gets in trouble for no reason, I know he smokes and drinks a bit, but he is not alone in that and he is a top, top player that has great technical ablity and is passinate.

I hope he will stay at city for a long time and grow to be one of our greats

All round fans favourite has to be Tinman.

Been here god knows how long, shows the fans some real passion, 35 and is probably fitter than anyone of us on here, rally's the team together and has made 500 appearences for our club. Need i go on?!

Most of us would call him a legend, i know i do  ;)

Lucy, he's 36 on Monday 23rd and I'll be toasting him in this Saturday's City Fanz View.

I'm also 36 this Saturday 21st and probably owe Tins one for ending my column on 22nd February 2003, with;

"...and now it's time to say a belated happy birthdaay, to someone who's regularly featured in this column...ME! Tins, wait your turn. It's not your birthday 'til tomorrow!"

Lucy, he's 36 on Monday 23rd and I'll be toasting him in this Saturday's City Fanz View.

I'm also 36 this Saturday 21st and probably owe Tins one for ending my column on 22nd February 2003, with;

"...and now it's time to say a belated happy birthdaay, to someone who's regularly featured in this column...ME! Tins, wait your turn. It's not your birthday 'til tomorrow!"

36?!!! Even more impressed with his fitness level now ;)

In previous seasons we've had some great fans' favourites. Jackie, Shaun Goater, Murray, Akinbiyi, Agostino, Goodridge, Testimatanu? etc etc.

Whether it be the flair player or the goalscorer someone has been the crowd favourite.

Since Murray has gone who do you think it is? Tinnion obviously but for most of his time here he has been a favourite. Peacock might be our top goalscorer but gets slated. Miller has his good and bad days, Phillips gets nicknamed flapper, Roberts can be frustrating, Hill and his penalties.........

So who is your fans favourite and why?

I think i'd have to go for Lee Peacock. Always gives 100% IMO and plays up to the crowd, and important ingrediant for a crowd favourite i think!

i like roberts he is a good player and i like his style of play

it is a shame he is not in the team more, but i do like the

look of goodfellow...

but for a guy who is in the team every week for me it has to

be danny coles, he is becoming the new shaun taylor ;)

Obviuosly Tinnion because how long he has been here, his ability etc but usually there would be others. But most of our team are under 25 so is that long enough to become a fully pledged fans favourite. I mean, do us as supporters know the players well enough for us to know that they will stick with us through a really bad patch and not flee when something starts to crumble. At the moment I would say Matty Hill, after the past 3 years has improved tremendously and the way he plays shows commitment and aggression towards winning. Tommy Doc is another through his leadership skills and is also improving, Danny Coles, Leroy and Wilkshire I would say are also fans favourites. Maybe Wilkshire is debateable because we havn't seen the best of him but he is similar to Tinnion and to be close to what Tinnion is means you are one hell of a player!

Tinnion though all the way.

As fans favourite it must be Tinns.

I couldn't help laughing in the Brentford when they were a couple of occasions when passes of his went astray, there were people around me who were about to say "What the f.... was that?" and then stopped when they realised it was the man himself.

He is almost untouchable at the moment.

Personal favourite has to be Matty Hill, as it's so rare these days to see a player who looks like he plays the game for the fun of it. Seems to have a great attitude.

Archived