IGNORED

Tinnion Night

bobby

Just got back from a fantastic evening in honour of Brian Tinnion at AG. Congrats to David L who gave a great performance introducing the great man himself and to all those who attended - I guess 700 or so.

Tony R. was brilliant as Baldrick with some great witicism about Pulis etc

Scott Murray was there, Louis Carey, Matt Hill, Steve Phillips, Tommy etc a good showing from current city side as well as past players and managers.

I really enjoyed it - enhanced by a long chat with Frank Barlow (an unsung hero of the City) and with Tony R and a chance to shake hands and chat with the man himself - Sir Brian

Brilliant night - my thanks and congrats to all those involved in the organisation.

PS saw Tom F getting photo with Scotty!!!!

You just beat me to it.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening - great atmosphere, great company and obviously a lot of hard work behind the scenes to make it successful. Congrats to Tinman too who did us proud.

Thanks Dave L - you deserve a pat on the back. Enjoy the golf clubs!

Guest Harry May

Like you said Bobby , a very good night out. Great to see so many past and present players . It really does make you appreciate what a great football team we support - when you see the players ( and ex-players ) staff and supporters all chatting and enjoying themselves.

As you say Baldrick was bl00dy funny , particularly the joke about Gerri Halliwell.

Credit must also go to Lee for a fantastic rendition of Tinman is a 5hith3ad.

Dave L give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it.

Caldicot Red.

Yes I forgot to mention Lee Saunders? the opera singer who did a fantastic rendtion of Tinman is a Sh!thead and other songs. I believe he will be performing before the game on Sat so let's give him a massive cheer and get behind the lads from the start

Bring on Wrexham ;):D:clap:

I just got in from the event. if that is anything to go by Tinnions testimonial year is going to take some beating.

Like Dave L said to Scott Murray i bet he wishs he stayed another 3yrs for a testimonial aswell ;)

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who signed the Geoff Twentyman card aswell i will pass it on to him when he comes back to work soon - THANK YOU ALL.

Thank you Dave for a great night out.

Thanks to all for the very kind words.

The evening was a great success, for a variety of reasons. We raised around £15,000 for Tins testimonial fund, which is in itself a fantastic tribute to the generosity of City fans and the esteem in which Tins is held. It was also an opportunity for players both past and present, directors, staff and fans to come together and remind ourselves of what a great community it is we are part of, as Harry said above.

We tried to keep things informal, relaxed and entertaining with some good laughs, a decent and unfussy plate of food and plenty of booze, and I think we succeeded on that front too.

Lee Sanders the Opera singer was great, and his rendition of Timan is a ###thead will live long in my mind. Tins was relaxed and funny as well, and enjoyed some good banter with the fans and some of his team mates. Dave Woodward kept the auction moving and managed to encourage people to part with a fair amount of money. £800 for Tommy Doc's NI shirt! And Baldrick was a real star with his poems, one of which I will share with you now.

Ode to Danny Wilson

Oh Danny, Danny, Danny

You're nicer than my granny.

You're firm but fair

With wavy hair

Like ginger spice's ##nny.

The Supporters Club are organising a quiz night for Tins on April 8th, so quiz buffs should think about putting in a team for that. Next major event after that will be Tins testimonial game. We still don't know when or against who, but we should be finalising things in the next couple of months. It'll either be pre-season or in September/Early October against as yet unconfirmed Premiership opposition. Hopefully.

Guest Tommy Girl

I too had a brilliant night last night.....although today hasn't been that great. my head is sore and I keep remembering really cringy things that I did/said to all manner of people.... :dunno:

What WAS the question to Scott then?
" So Scott, you look around this room and you see all these people come to pay tribute to a City legend. You were here for 7 years. Another 3 and you could have been standing here at your own testimonial night. Any regrets"

To which he replied 'a few, yeah' and changed the subject

Some questions just *have* to be asked.

Archived