3 Brentford 44 20 74

4 Huddersfield 44 14 72

5 Barnsley 44 17 68

6 Swansea 44 19 67

7 Nottm Forest 44 15 67

8 Bristol City 44 5 64

9 Oldham 44 -1 64

10 Doncaster 44 1 63

City need to win both games and need B'ley and Swansea/Forest to get less than 2 and 3 respectively form thier two games.

Next week Swansea are at home to Southend and B'ley are home Bradford.Forest play Bmouth at home.

The final week sees Swansea at Chestrfield,B'ley away at relegated Wallsal and Forest are away at Bradford.

Guest yateady

if we did end up in the play-offs and then win them i think the great escape theme tune should be played before running out on the pitch next season!

Well, if either Swansea or Forest win, we're effectively out of the running, and since both are at home, you'd have to say the odds are against it.

I'd love it to go to the last game though :pray:

Edit: I'm overlooking Barnsley I suppose.

Its a shame we have to rely on others to slip up, but if they do slip up we have to be there ready to take advantage so all we can do is win our remaining games (not easy ones either), surely GJ must be thinking about the play offs now, i'm sure the players are.

I'm not bothered if we don't make them though, i wrote this season off when we went down 7-1 to Swansea.

If i'm honest, i'm just gald we're safe. :)

Guest mike11

P goal difference PTS

1 Southend 44 28 78

2 Colchester 44 16 75

3 Brentford 44 20 74

4 Huddersfield 44 14 72

5 Barnsley 44 17 68

6 Swansea 44 19 67

7 Nottm Forest 44 15 67

8 Bristol City 44 5 64

9 Oldham 44 -1 64

10 Doncaster 44 1 63

City need to win both games and need B'ley and Swansea/Forest to get less than 2 and 3 respectively form thier two games.

Next week Swansea are at home to Southend and B'ley are home Bradford.Forest play Bmouth at home.

The final week sees Swansea at Chestrfield,B'ley away at relegated Wallsal and Forest are away at Bradford.

HTF you of all people can start a thread like this really is beyond belief.I don't even think you are taking the **** either.Just take a look at your responses to the believers amongst us who have been stating our hopes and dreams over the last few weeks.I suggest you do this because when I have some time I fully intend to and I will tkae great pleasure in putting you in your place.

You are a sad little man who has a singular view on Bristol City.You also happen to be chairman of the supporters club[for now].That used to be a responsible and honourable title to hold.Judging by its current holder that is no longer the case.

Pathetic!

• Admin

Could be an interesting final day if results (again!) go our way on Saturday!

Could well be Barnsley, Forest, Swansea & City ALL vying for 2 play-off places.

ALL 4 sides will then be trying to win away from home.

HTF you of all people can start a thread like this really is beyond belief.I don't even think you are taking the **** either.Just take a look at your responses to the believers amongst us who have been stating our hopes and dreams over the last few weeks.I suggest you do this because when I have some time I fully intend to and I will take great pleasure in putting you in your place.

You are a sad little man who has a singular view on Bristol City.You also happen to be chairman of the supporters club[for now].That used to be a responsible and honourable title to hold.Judging by its current holder that is no longer the case.

Pathetic!

Whats with the personal insults? I'm just asking the question whether City can make the play-offs as results went City's way today.

Personally, I think the same as I've thought for ages - City will fall short of the play-offs.

Actually I'm not sad or little.Nor do I have a singular view on on BCFC.

As for my role as SC Chairman.Yes it is a responsible job and I and the committee put in many hours a week of our own time simply for the love of the club.I took a day of work this week to fullfill some of my responsibilities for the SC and BCFC.Thats a day annual leave but I'm not complaining about it - its my choice.When you put in as much of your time as we do then I would be prepared to listen to your rant.

I've also said many times that the views I express on this forum are my own and not the views of the SC.

• Admin

HTF you of all people can start a thread like this really is beyond belief.I don't even think you are taking the **** either.Just take a look at your responses to the believers amongst us who have been stating our hopes and dreams over the last few weeks.I suggest you do this because when I have some time I fully intend to and I will tkae great pleasure in putting you in your place.

Pathetic!

However, what's the point in debating with persuasive argument, if you're going to put the guy down when he starts agreeing?

Pathetic!

Wow.. what an irrelevant post. After reading your drivvle, i'm pritty sure who I consider pathetic.

Guest mike11

Wow.. what an irrelevant post. After reading your drivvle, i'm pritty sure who I consider pathetic.

Drivvle and pritty?

Shut up!

P goal difference PTS

1 Southend 44 28 78

2 Colchester 44 16 75

3 Brentford 44 20 74

4 Huddersfield 44 14 72

5 Barnsley 44 17 68

6 Swansea 44 19 67

7 Nottm Forest 44 15 67

8 Bristol City 44 5 64

9 Oldham 44 -1 64

10 Doncaster 44 1 63

So presuming City win their last 2 games, that leaves Barnsley to lose one, draw one, and Forest/Swansea to draw their last 2 games...

Effectively that would see City finish 5th, but right now I wouldn't argue with 5th or 6th! :pray:

Guest Harding_4

When theres hope theres a chance :pray: i will also say if we did sneak into the play offs we would win it, the team that gets there right near the end always ends up winning it :)

When theres hope theres a chance :pray: i will also say if we did sneak into the play offs we would win it, the team that gets there right near the end always ends up winning it :)

Well, "not always", but it does leave the team that sneaks in there at the last minute with the best spirit going into them! :)

Anyway, City once screwed up an even more odds against chance when they got in them didn't they?

Mid/Late 80s I think... The Season where City sneaked in there, having won their last 4 games, and Wigan losing their last 4 games...

City finished 6th and went straight out in the Semi-Finals...

I really think we could do with a 5th place finish if we are to end up in the playoffs this season! :pray:

Guest december 1963

Even when we were 23rd I posted that I really believed that we were in a better position than most of the other teams at the bottom to escape relegation. Yet I never believed we would get to the position we are now. How this team's results have been transformed so completely is incredible. Now all of a sudden I am thinking "what ifs". What if Steve Brooker's goal against Nottm For hadn't been disallowed. I do think we will beat Swindon and send them down and then we're left with a real possibility of getting what seemed impossible. The atmosphere next week should be a bit on the loud side methinks

Well, "not always", but it does leave the team the sneaks into them at the last minute with the best spirit going into them! :)

Anyway, City have once screwed up an even more odds against chance when they got in them didn't they?

Late 80s I think... The Season where City sneaked in there, having won their last 4 games, and Wigan losing their last 4 games...

City finished 6th and went straight out in the Semi-Finals...

I really think we could do with a 5th place finish if we are to end up in the playoffs this season! :pray:

I really think if "it" happened someone else can take out Forest :w00t:

Guest Harding_4

Even when we were 23rd I posted that I really believed that we were in a better position than most of the other teams at the bottom to escape relegation. Yet I never believed we would get to the position we are now. How this team's results have been transformed so completely is incredible. Now all of a sudden I am thinking "what ifs". What if Steve Brooker's goal against Nottm For hadn't been disallowed. I do think we will beat Swindon and send them down and then we're left with a real possibility of getting what seemed impossible. The atmosphere next week should be a bit on the loud side methinks

Know the feeling mate, just think back to the swansea away game how we have transformed this season is unbelievable, if only GJ had the whole season where we might of been :shifty:

Why not? No pressure on us in reality-just a spirit we aint seen at the Gate in many years. They are all EXPECTED to get there, we're not. We're enjoying playing WIHOUT any pressure for the first time in quite a while. If youre in the pray offs anything can happen-we should know, its happened to us aint it?

Get behind them home and away, make a forking noise, lift the lads, and why the hell not?

All this would be a brucie bonus after being bottom at xmas, now wouldnt it.

You reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!!!

P goal difference PTS

1 Southend 44 28 78

2 Colchester 44 16 75

3 Brentford 44 20 74

4 Huddersfield 44 14 72

5 Barnsley 44 17 68

6 Swansea 44 19 67

7 Nottm Forest 44 15 67

8 Bristol City 44 5 64

9 Oldham 44 -1 64

10 Doncaster 44 1 63

Surely not with a Conference manager ?.

Guest Forest for life

We lost today for the first time since February and Hartlepool were worthy winners. We've still got a great chance with Bournemouth and Bradford away to come and confidence is still high. Incidently we've got over 6,000 tickets for the last game and whatever happens its a credit to Frank and Charlie for making this push happen. Swansea have it tough against Southend and Chesterfield and its going to be so tight to the end. Who the hell would have thought we'd be discussing play off chances with two games to go when we drew at the Gate?

We lost today for the first time since February and Hartlepool were worthy winners. We've still got a great chance with Bournemouth and Bradford away to come and confidence is still high. Incidently we've got over 6,000 tickets for the last game and whatever happens its a credit to Frank and Charlie for making this push happen. Swansea have it tough against Southend and Chesterfield and its going to be so tight to the end. Who the hell would have thought we'd be discussing play off chances with two games to go when we drew at the Gate?

Exactly two teams that were expected promotion. THink you will be more gutted than us though as you spent over a million pound getting out of this division. If you are in league 1 next season surely your board cant follow suit and spend that much again?

Guest Forest for life

I think we have a very solid base now and it would be a crime to change it by upsetting the shape of the side. Anyway if we don't go up it wouldn't be wise to fork out too much because with our finances safe we don't want another desperate Platt situation. Our chairman Nigel Doughty knows this and i'm sure despite his recent financial gains he'll limit the budget for next season unless we are in the championship. However paying championship wages in league one will take its tole which is why we are so desperate to get up and further stabilise our financial position.

Personally, I think the same as I've thought for ages - City will fall short of the play-offs.

I wouldn't be so sure any more. Forest lost for the first time in 2 months today, who knows what that could do to their camp. Barnsley & Swansea are in atrocious form, and Oldham are as good as out of the running. Who says it's over :dunno:

I wouldn't be so sure any more. Forest lost for the first time in 2 months today, who knows what that could do to their camp. Barnsley & Swansea are in atrocious form, and Oldham are as good as out of the running. Who says it's over :dunno:

Now wheres Alison Moyet these days :whistle:

Now wheres Alison Moyet these days :whistle:

She'll be at Roots Hall on Saturday week, she's a Southend fan.

Will she be singing a dirge for Southend or will she be brushing up on a celebratory "Drink up thee Cider" in our honour? :dunno:

Well having said that, you still need to consider all possibilities...

Both Oldham and Doncaster as well as City can still "yet" make the playoffs, though for Donny, it looks like one bridge too far for them, so I can't see it happening to be honest...

Though with one bridge less for us to cross, there is still hope for City, but only "hope"... :pray:

At the end of the day, I'll be more than happy with 70 points by the end of this season, no matter where City finish! :)

I really think if "it" happened someone else can take out Forest :w00t:

Season 1987-88

5. Bristol City 46 14 6 3 51 30 7 6 10 26 32 75

6. Northampton 46 12 8 3 36 18 6 11 6 34 33 73

7. Wigan Athletic 46 11 8 4 36 23 9 4 10 34 38 72

...Ok, so I wasn't too far off, but I knew it was something like that! :doh:

Archived