IGNORED

Who Are The Potential Signings In The Summer?

Guest Cider Army

According to all the Yeovil fans I know, we have put a bid in for keeper Chris Weale...just a rumour but supposedly it is going around all the Yeovil fans!

I heard that as well but I expect that to fall through now as he is injured until Christmas. Lets just hope we get someone else in as I don't want another season of Basso. Or even better Steve P gets inbetween the sticks again with a much better attitude.

I heard that as well but I expect that to fall through now as he is injured until Christmas. Lets just hope we get someone else in as I don't want another season of Basso. Or even better Steve P gets inbetween the sticks again with a much better attitude.

hum 25 game 4 losses with Basso ,what is your big problem?

Guest Hydey

A friend has heard a "rumour" that we have a midfielder already signed up. Has played in the championship this season.

As for a personal opinion i would like to see Paul Parry but its a long shot.

hopefully Wade Elliot whos at burnley

Guest Harding_4

He can't kick and he had made lots of mistakes. He is playing behind a much improved defence and who's to say Philips wouldn't have done as well?

But yet he has kept us in many games this season, give the bloke some credit and get off his back

I think Jevons on a bosman is a certainty. Good player who scores goals, can play either up front or on the left and Gary Johnson obviously knows him well.

Interesting to see that Yeovil have 12 players out of contract in the summer, wouldn't surprise me to see 2 or 3 sign for us.

As for a personal opinion i would like to see Paul Parry but its a long shot.

I'm hoping we'll go for Parry as well. Great left winger who has been sub quite a lot for Cardiff this season. GJ tried to sign him for Yeovil before he signed for Cardiff, so it could be a possibility.

Guest port marine red

I think we need a right-back, a defensive midfielder (one who can tackle), a midfield playmaker and two strikers (one a target man, the other a fox-in-the-box type forward). Chuck in Liam Fonatine as well and I'll be happy

I think we need a right-back, a defensive midfielder (one who can tackle), a midfield playmaker and two strikers (one a target man, the other a fox-in-the-box type forward). Chuck in Liam Fonatine as well and I'll be happy

i don't think we need another right back as both Carey and Skuse can play there. If we sign Fontaine, with Heywood and Keogh we will have enough cover at the back. I agree a defensive midfielder would be good, but hopefully the experience this year has done Skuse some good and he will become more consistent. Our priority is a left winger, Paul parry please, and a pacy striker or a proven goal scorer, someone along the lines of Beckett or Reddy would be good. I know Reddy isn't a proven goal scorer but I think he would do well with Brooker and McCammon.

But yet he has kept us in many games this season, give the bloke some credit and get off his back

So has Philips. Remember how everyone was singing his praises for limiting Swansea to 7 goals? Basso has kept us in game, but he worries me more than Philips. His kicking is a complete joke and the fans just like him because he is eccentric.

Saying that I turst Gary Johnson's judgement and it seems like Steve Philips attitude has been the problem, I hope he either sorts that out for next season or we get a new keeper in.

So has Philips. Remember how everyone was singing his praises for limiting Swansea to 7 goals? Basso has kept us in game, but he worries me more than Philips. His kicking is a complete joke and the fans just like him because he is eccentric.

Saying that I turst Gary Johnson's judgement and it seems like Steve Philips attitude has been the problem, I hope he either sorts that out for next season or we get a new keeper in.

The facts don't lie

Basso has conceeded 27 goals in 27 games Phillips has conceeded 42 in 19. Phillips has conceeded 2.2 goals per game while Basso only 1.0. In those game Phillips has kept 3 clean sheets (every 6.3 games) compared to Basso's 9 (every 3 games)

Also what about those totally unnessasary yet wonderful saves where the ball sticks to Basso's gloves like glue :dance:

It's impossible to say at this stage, but if we by some miracle end up playing in the Championship next season (it can still happen) we could certainly attract a better class of player than if we reamain in teh League 1?

Not sure this is how Johnson see's it though, i think he's already identified the players he wants for the "Big push" next season, becuase realisticly, there's no way we're going to go up and GJ has to make the senseable decisions.

Guest RedAlex

He can't kick and he had made lots of mistakes. He is playing behind a much improved defence and who's to say Philips wouldn't have done as well?

Get over it , Basso has done excellently

basso is dodgy as ######

You have seen him once..

I think he is a good keeper, he gives you 'heart in mouth' moments, but so does Phillips.

He is only in the team because of Phillips attitude toJohnson and the situation and this is a fact many of you know. Basso has come in and proved he is good enough to keep the spot and make it his own. He will get another one year contract in the summer and be our number one next year. We need a keeper though as SP will probably depart. Holding midfielder and left winger would also be needed then 1, possibly 2 strikers signed.

As for names? Not too sure, they have said if Grimsby stay down then Reddy is an option. Aaron Davies/Phil Jevons other options. Paul Parry would be a fantastic signing for us.

Guest twaters

The facts don't lie

Basso has conceeded 27 goals in 27 games Phillips has conceeded 42 in 19. Phillips has conceeded 2.2 goals per game while Basso only 1.0. In those game Phillips has kept 3 clean sheets (every 6.3 games) compared to Basso's 9 (every 3 games)

Also what about those totally unnessasary yet wonderful saves where the ball sticks to Basso's gloves like glue :dance:

This isnt going to turn into a Basso vs Phillips debate because its supposed to be about transfers, However i would like to point out that stats don't lie, they mislead. City were in terrible form and i don't think for one minute if Basso was in goal when Phillips was and visa versa the stats would read any different and it would be Phillips with the better stats. You cannot account for variable in these stats, as i said before stats don't lie, they mislead.

As for signings...

1 CB

1 LM

2 ST Let Savage go but keep Big Mac and a new face...

i honestly feel thats enough. We have some usefull youngsters comming through and infact if Jennison proves to be THAT good then we might not even need a left winger!

Guest SUPER REDS

Fontane,Reddy,Hayter,and I have Mr t Doherty back like scott murray and carey city player every bit sure he wouldlove to come back and at last get us in the championship,alongside Noble or Russell

would make a very strong midfield

Fontane,Reddy,Hayter,and I have Mr t Doherty back like scott murray and carey city player every bit sure he wouldlove to come back and at last get us in the championship,alongside Noble or Russell

would make a very strong midfield

We won't get Hayter, he's signed a new deal and will be out of our price range even if he was willing to come which is by no means clear. Reddy will be difficult to get if Grimsby go up and if they don't we'll have competition but it's possible. Fontaine is possible but it's disconcertingly quiet on that front, usually with loan players it's mentioned in an interview or the like quite early on. He'd be a great signing if we can get him though.

Doherty wouldn't improve our midfield in the least, he's not going to get fit enough to impact a game, and he wouldn't last 5 minutes under the Johnson regime. If Hollowhead couldn't sort out his lifestyle then it ain't going to get done.

I'd like to see us sign Billy Sharp to partner Brooker. Big Mac and Cotterill for backup is plenty good enough. A pacy left winger and a keeper if Phillips is leaving (Konstantopoulos please!) is a must too I think. Other than that I think we're in pretty good shape with the academy players coming through too.

Archived