IGNORED

Don't Go!

bs3

I think a few done that on saturday. About 9 or 10 ST holders were missing around where i sit, the williams stand looked particularly bare. Are they still charging more for the so called "platinum seating" surely they've made enough money on what it cost to put those cramped cushion seats in to warrant bringing the price in line?

P.S. i will not boycott a match just to see danny sacked. What if we get another pulis???

Guest **ENGLAND**

um, i don't think things are that bad.

me personnally, I'm giving it till christmas, then if we havent improved

au revoir wilson

I am not boycotting any of citys home games. I have faith in Danny and the team to turn it around.

We are only 7 points off the top which is nothing really, all we need is to put a few wins together and we will be up there challenging for promotion again.

Most of you so called city fans only support the team when they are doing well, well I'm not one of them, i support the team whether they are doing well or going through a bad patch like we are at the moment.

I reckon all of you city fans who are thinking of boycotting games just to get rid of danny wilson should be ashamed of yourselfs as if you was a real supporter of the club you would support them whether they are doing well or not.

I am not boycotting any of citys home games. I have faith in Danny and the team to turn it around.

We are only 7 points off the top which is nothing really, all we need is to put a few wins together and we will be up there challenging for promotion again.

Most of you so called city fans only support the team when they are doing well, well I'm not one of them, i support the team whether they are doing well or going through a bad patch like we are at the moment.

I reckon all of you city fans who are thinking of boycotting games just to get rid of danny wilson should be ashamed of yourselfs as if you was a real supporter of the club you would support them whether they are doing well or not.

I think thats a bit unfair simsey. I like you will support city even if they r playing badly , but people who don't , have the right not to go if they don't want to. This doesnt mean they arent real city fans , what makes a real city fan anyway??

At the moment if i wasnt a season ticket holder i wouldnt be going. I Would rather go in town with my mates, go in Mad Harrys and gamble, have a Burger King/KFC and watch Finding Nemo at the cinema. At least you are then garentueed you moneys worth rather than watching us draw 1-1 against some mid table team.

Also for the 1,000,000,000 time WE CANT AFFORD TO SACK WILSON! If we do, we would have to give him about £1.5 million because of Compensation and buying his contract out. Waste of money in my eyes

Why should any supporter not turn up to watch their team play just to spite the manager?

I couldn't care less who is the manager/chairman or any of role of the club, I'll still support this club. As for not turning up at the next home game, it's never even entered into my mind. However if you are a season ticket holder and decide to do this, then thats your decision. It's your money that you would be wasting :( .

I am not at the point yet where I think DW should go.

If he should I think Leroy Rosenior would be a good candidate, although he was ignored and treated so badly by the club - he may not want it.

He was being discussed on SKY today and how he was potentially lined up for Brighton. I believe he was mentioned around the West Ham post too.

I'm not a season ticket holder myself, but I continue to support City at every home game I attend, simply because I like watching Bristol City playing football.

It is however unfortunate whenever I see game where they draw or lose a badly played match and yes I will feel very angry and frustrated when this does occur, but I'll be over it either the next day or within a few days and be up for chanting City songs once again the next weekend!

I went to nearly all of the home games last season, not because City were playing well in most of them, but just because of coincidence. I happened to have passed my driving test near the middle of the season before last and was determined from that point on that now I could drive, I would travel all the way from Frampton Cotterell (slightly over 10 miles or so) to Ashton Gate using my own petrol to put as much money into City as a possibly could!

Some of my mates said I should have gotten a season ticket last season to save a lot of money and I suppose I should have in the end, but I didn't really know where my commitment was and that I wasn't sure wherever I'd continue to attend the games or not. Thankfully I did and with an impressive season we ended up finishing a delightful 3rd though we ended up disappointingly exiting the playoffs.

From that day on I would have never seen myself attending as many home matches as I have done so far this season and somehow I have! So I must be more of a City supporter than I did originally think at first...

As a summary to all of the above, I don't think that there is such a thing as a true City supporter, I think it's just in terms of how committed you are to the club you support, no matter how they are playing or not, but if you wanted an answer to that question, then the best thing I could come up with is the percentage of games (home and away) you attend each season. Simple as that!

Up the City!

There were a few season ticket holders missing from round me but I don't think you firstly will get many to stay away and why are the board going to act if for on game a few hundred season ticket holders stay away. After all xmas is coming and this time of year is quiet as peopl start saving and the wife wants to go shopping.

AS FOR LEROY BEING QUOTED AS A MANAGER OF CITY...... he will never come back, there's bad blood there. So forget it. He also was largely responsible for the Liam Rosenior farce to spite City in an act of revenge. So that's the man touted by some as being our manager? oh dear.

Guest Lockerman

Well Said Simsey !!!!!!! :(

yeah, cos that's going to help the club isn't it. Let's make the finances even harder. Steve L and the board are well aware of the situation. They know the position we're in and the form we're in (Steve goes to all the games). He will be just as frustrated, in fact probably more so than all of us. But he's being sensible. He's not rushing into anything which is right. One fact MAY be that we can't afford to sack Danny cos of contract pay offs. In which case a stay away would make it even harder for the board to get rid of him, should they want to.

The attitude you're displaying is typical of far too many City fans and it what has held us back for so long. No commitment or loyalty to get through the hard times- just a sulk and throwing your toy out of the pram cos we're not winning every game. Thus making life even harder for the club long term.

Success in EVERYTHING in life comes through sticking together, loyalty and persistance.

I will counter your request for people to stay away with a request for everyone to bring a mate along for the Barnsley game. Everyone come along, bring your kids, your wife, all your mates. I'd rather see City fans display some loyalty to the club and make £100,000 with extra ticket sales than show ourselves up to be fickle, disloyal, fairweather fans who run and hide when the times get rough, costing the club thousands of £ by doing so.

Guest tinmans_right_foot

:PC_Plod: Sack Danny? Why? :PC_Plod:

Apart from the Notts County game we haven't played especially well in any home match and we are still in 9th place and only 7 points off Argyle. With 29 games left to go this season, I'd hardly call us out of the automatic promotion race, let alone the play-offs.

Pre-season expectations were a bit too high I feel. We all want promotion undoubtedly but are we good enough? At the end of last seaon we were, but we sold our goal machine and now instead of leading the promotion pack we're fighting inside it, a fairly realistic position for us to be in. Are we one of the best 2 sides in the division? No. Are we one of the best 5? Possibly. Are we one of the best 10? Definitely. And that's where we now sit.

Admitedly his summer signings haven't looked too sharp, but that doesn't bother me half as much as the fact that some players have really failed to take the bull by the horns and admit we're going to have to work a bit harder now that Scotty M's left and there's no obvious replacement. Peacock has achieved this by scoring a few more than usual, Tinnion is fighting the advancing years and still playing with his usual gusto, Burnell has fought Tommy for his place in the team and Woodman is making his move on a regualr place. But the vast majority of the team just aren't trying hard enough.

In a nutshell - keep Danny and get on the players backs. It is individual performances I am frustrated by at the moment, not team ones.

And for the love of god, someone tell Matthews to retire for fitness AND ability reasons.

:PC_Plod: Sack Danny?  Why? :PC_Plod:

No adequate replacement if Phillips gets injured.

Hill is out of the team. No, he's back in the team.

Butler is in the team.

Amankwaah will make a good right wing-back. Oh no he won't (42 mins).

We're playing 3-5-2. No, we're playing 4-4-2.

Wilkshire is a right sided midfielder. No, he's a central midfielder.

TommyD is our best defensive midfielder. No, it's Burnell. No, it's TommyD...

Roberts is a good right midfielder. Oh wait, he's a forward.

Peacock and Roberts is our best forward line. No, Peacock and Miller. On no wait, Peacock and Lita.

Miller is a good buy. We need another forward to warm the bench.

We'll losing. I'll substitute a forward for a midfielder.

We'll still losing. I'll substitute another forward.

The opposition are always at fault for our poor performances.

Are you getting the message?

Guest citylady

boycott a city game never that is just unthinkable i know we are playing bad but i would never even think of not going to the gate to watch them if you support a team you support them through the bad time as well as the good times

Archived