IGNORED

Will The Real Supporters Please Stand Up

Guest port marine red

Guest port marine red

I don't post that often 'cos when I do all I seem to get is slagged off. However, I remember telling a few members of the forum (I am sure you know who you are) in October when the "Wilson Out" band waggon was in full flow that we have a good team and a good manager and they should save their breath until May. I assured them that we were good enough to fill a promotion berth and the time was right to get behind the team, not criticise every performance. I still stand by my word that we are the best footballing team in the division and the table doesn't lie. Humble pie anyone?

Guest Ricky BCFC

The thing is we don't know who is telling the truth and who is not. Lately there have been a lot of these "Where are the "Wilson Out" crew now?" posts, but I bet half of them were probably part of the "Wilson Out" brigade themselves. It would be exactly the same if we were bottom of the league except reverse, with everyone posting "Where are all you Wilson lovers now then?". I think it's just sad when people go around calling others out accusing them of hiding, when in the oposite situation they do exactly the same thing them selves. No one is going to admit they were bashing Wilson at the beginning of the season, and if we ended up getting relegated at the end of the season no one would be here admitting they stood by him, so calling eachother out is just pointless.

Humble pie will be dished out in large portions when and only when City are promoted....

I for one was not a member of the "Wilson out" clan, but like many I did question some of his tactics, substitutions and tinkering with playing players in unfamiliar positions but despite that I always felt that to sack him would have been a knee-jerk reaction.

OK Ok, i'll admit it. I was one of the " would we be better of without Wilson brigade".

I've been proved wrong and i'll admit it.

Just remember, it was'nt just because of results, it was also because of the way we played. We never looked like a team that could turn it round and win 10 on the spin. I'm just glad we could.

It's all well and good putting supporters into groups - Pro Wilson/Anti Wilson, but are you not doing that yourself?

Will The Real Supporters Please Stand Up.

So are you saying that anybody who has ever doubted not only DW, but any previous manager, is not a real supporter?

Perhaps I'm reading something that isn't there, but to me you seem to be doing exactly the same thing that you are talking about in your post - putting supporters into groups.

I have never really been one to be against Danny, although I admit that sometimes I have contributed to the "Wilson Out" threads. To be honest this was probably 9/10 times in frustration.

IF we are still in this division this time next season, then perhaps it would be best for Danny to move on, as this has to be his best ever chance of promotion since coming to the club. However, let's wait and see which division we are playing in next season before anybody leaves. For the time being though, I am perfectly happy for Danny Wilson to remain at the helm as I think that he is the best man for the job (at the moment).

Here's to promotion this season (hopefully) :dunno: .

I can honestly say that I came out sitting firmly on the fence and will gladly find the link for you (i.e. wasn't sure one way or the other).

Still not completely sure as I continue to see strange decisions such as Wilkshire back on the right being replaced by a left footer who is yet to deliver quality from that position.

By the way, why choose now to remind us of your prediction? :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Guest Red_Rat

I've never been in favour of sacking a manager mid season unless there is extreme circumstances.The tide can turn so quickly in clubs fortunes liek Paul Hart

last season he was a world beater,with the squad he wanted going in the right direction.

He was sacked because he couldn't take the club onwards,whilst the board are tuggin him backwards by seeling players.And it can prove a huge mistake giving a manager a long term contract like Plymouth just have.They get some good offers for there players,they leave and the club resultantly ends up fighting for its life down at the bottom of the 2nd division.

I remember telling a few members of the forum (I am sure you know who you are) in October when the "Wilson Out" band waggon was in full flow that we have a good team and a good manager and they should save their breath until May.

Humble pie anyone?

I wasn't one of these people but may I point out that it isn't actually may yet....

• Admin

What a ridiculous assumption, that fans who dare to criticise poor performances are not real supporters!!!

I have been attending games since '67, so have suffered the bad times (what ROW do you want in the Dolman , not what seat - 4th division days)

The good times have been pretty good, promotion to the 1st ( Prem for the young uns), the bad times have been.......well bad.

But lets be honest, many of the performances this season have been boring, but effective, lacking in flair and entertainment. I'm happy to accept this, on the proviso that we get promoted.

Don't think I was ever on the Wilson out right now bandwagin, that being said I did/do have problems with him. Winning doesn't change the fact that his team selection is questionable, he doesn't incorporate the younger players into the squad and he seems to quite judgemental of players on a personal level (some can do no wrong some can do no right)

and above all we SHOULD be winning and should have been winning as well, player by player we are probably the best in the Division (QPR might have an arguement). Being top of the league now and on a great run is good, but this is where we should be. I'm still not sold on DW being the manager for the long-term. Do I think others could have us in the same postion and/or have done a better job of preparing us for the future? the answer would be yes.

Guest cider gliders

We have always said that we be lucky to have a

manager like ole Danny! He`s doin` a first

class job down the Gate. The way things are

goin` we`ll be ruddy lucky to hold on to him!

Their quite now, but don`t worry, city only

need to lose one game to bring the Wilson

knockers back out of the woodwork! :dunno:

IMAG0007.JPG

I'm happy to say I had (and still do to some degree) doubts about Danny.

It wasn't a knee-jerk thing - for a large number of games he was making baffling decisions. Based on the potential of the squad, he was doing a very bad job of making the most of it.

About xmas time (dodgy memory) the team started playing really well, but weren't getting the results. I was more content then.

Now he's getting it (very largely) right, I'm more assured he's doing the job and I'm ecstatic!

Finally - with a sanctimonious smug attitude like that where you doubt the faith of those who dared to criticise - no wonder you get slagged off everytime you come on here!

For me, our recent run shows just how wrong he was getting it before!

It goes to show that combinations such as Burnell and Doherty, and Peacock and Roberts, don't work.

It goes to show that when used correctly, this squad is good enough to win the Division. It goes to show that when players are played in their correct positions (Wilkshire in the middle rather than out on the right) we not only have a team good enough to win the Division, but a squad full of players good enough.

Well done to Wilson for realising his mistakes and changing it. But 1. Possibly too many mistakes were made in the first place, and 2. It took him far too long to change it!

May I also point out the way in which QPR and Plymouth have bottled it has been more than a little fortunate, and if the Division was stronger, on another year might not have happened.

And also, now we've got to the top, the hard work is staying there. We've won nothing yet. I'll praise Wilson when we do.

Guest cidergeorge
I for one was not a member of the "Wilson out" clan, but like many I did question some of his tactics, substitutions and tinkering with playing players in unfamiliar positions but despite that I always felt that to sack him would have been a knee-jerk reaction.
Agreed Robbo. I have never agreed with certain decisions that were made at the start of the season. These decisions have been changed and the season seemed to turn around at the same point. At least in DW I believe we do have a tactically competent manager who is far better than some others that have managed us in recent years.

The topic of this post is a disgrace, I wanted Wilson out but I've missed 3 games all season, one of them because I had work and it was a Tuesday night at Colchester.

I still don't rate him, if we go up I think it's more of a case of 'despite Wilson' than 'because of Wilson', if it wasn't for him being arrogant and ignorant when we could all see the Burnell/Doherty partnership didn't work, Wilkshire was a central midfielder, than we would have probably won promotion by now.

Anyway that was the past, I still haven't seen City play 'amazing' this season, apart from at Grimsby Town on Tuesday night.

Anyway, bring on the Leeds! :dunno:

Archived