IGNORED

Hollowhead Deja Vu

RedTop

No wonder old Hollowhead must be cacking himself over at QPR. It's deja vu all over again for him.

I seem to recall that just a few short years ago he was manager of a certain club that looked like it was sailing to promotion. Ten points clear with ten games to go or something, if my memory serves me right. That sudden plunge out of the top two, and then out of the play-off places, was probably one of the most spectacular (and entertaining) displays of choking in football league history. Boy, did I enjoy it!

I happen to believe Hollowhead was very shoddily treated when the Gas sacked him (how they must rue that day now). But now that QPR seem to have started on the same route, it must surely be on his mind that the hoops could be in the grip of a Gas-style bout of bottling - one that he failed to stop last time and is therefore ill-qualified to stop again. The psychological effect of that can only be negative and simply makes a repeat performance more likely.

My own suspicion is that Plymouth have played their best football, despite their last-gasp win today, and that QPR will go on to choke even though they have an extremely impressive squad on paper. And for auto promotion? City and (deep breath, swallow hard) Swindle. It'd be just like the pig towners to try to spoil our promotion party by gate-crashing, but hey, so long as there's a promotion party for them to gate-crash I'll put up with it.

The fans of both QPR and PA believe that their teams have changed the style of play recently to hoofball and the reason we are in our run is that we are the ones playing football. Holloway seems to believe that a front line with the skill and experience of Gallen, Furlong, Cureton and Thorpe like it. If they played football (which they can) they would cause havoc.

Guest cidergeorge
The fans of both QPR and PA believe that their teams have changed the style of play recently to hoofball and the reason we are in our run is that we are the ones playing football. .
Cheshire did you listen to match on the radio yesterday on Radio Wales, the Welsh commentators described City's football as the best in the division and that this match was definitely Wrexham's hardest. Also the fact that Wrexham seemed to give us too much respect indicates that we ARE now the team to beat.

C'mon City

Archived