IGNORED

First 11 + Subs ?

Guest Spike

In the scenario that we made promotion this season and over the summer not a single player had been bought or sold who would you pick as your starting 11 and who be on your subs bench?

Also what tactics would you play?

If a single player is not bought or sold, then we will be in BIG trouble!  :dunno:
That was kind of the point of the post..... I wondered how people would use the squad we currently have in Division 1 if it was exactly the same

Guest twaters

Exactly the same, one year from now in division one, i would use...

---------------------------------------Phillips--------------------------------------------

Carey------------------ Butler------------------ --Coles ---------------------------Hill

Goodfellow------------- Doherty -----------------Wilkshire --------------------Brown

-------------------------Miller ------------------------------Peacock---------------------

Bench

GK- Brown

DF/MD - Fortune

DF/MD - Amankwa

MD - Tinnion

FD - Lita

---------------------------------------Phillips--------------------------------------------

Carey-------------------Coles---------------------Hill---------------------------Woodman

Amankwaah------------- Doherty -----------------Wilkshire --------------------Brown

-------------------------Miller ------------------------------Peacock---------------------

Bench-

Lita

Goodfellow

Fortune

Tinman

Roberts

Ok, lets look a the team from a positional perspective.

GK. I really like Steve Phillips but i'm not sure if he is good enough for div-1. You have to have a top keeper in div-1, not just a great shotstopper.

DL. Not a problem here. Matty can easily play div-1 standard.

DR. If Kevin can get and stay fit, then just like DL with Matty, i dont think we will have a problem. I'm not sure if Carey is good enough for div-1 as he as struggled a bit in div-2

DC. Danny coles will hold his own, there's no doubt about that.

DC. PROBLEM. Butler is just not up to it anymore. He has struggled for most of the season and i think this is one position we would have to improve.

ML. I never know what to make of Aaron. We all seem to think he does'nt do enough but when i speak to fans of other clubs we have played, they think he is one of our best players. However, if Aaron is not good enough we have Goodfellow who is left footed. So i think we are ok in ML.

MR. Problem. Goodfellow is left footed and in a higher div i think this could be a problem. I think we will have to spend some money on this position. Though saying that, Amaankwah can play MR but this will make DR a problem.

MC. Tommy more than proved he could handle div-1 the last time we were there. When not injured and fully fit, i think Tommy is our best player. He is a ball winner and has got got very good passing abilities.

MC. If I'm honest i dont think Tinns will play next season if we go up. so that leaves Wiltshire. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to football at a higher lever. He played some games in the prem so i hope the step up wont prove a problem. I think he has the ability to do well.

FC. I think Miller has got better as trhe season has gone on. Has'nt scored as many as we would like but has played very well. Needs to score more goals if we are to do well in div-1 but I'm sure he can.

FC. Problem. Sometimes i watch lee Peacock and think he could'nt give a toss, other times he looks like a man on a mission. He has the ability to score goals and when he wants it he can be awsome but i do think this position could be a problem.

Also, Lee is not the fastest of players and pace is needed in div-1.

Others.

Lita, its still early in his career but all the signs look more than promising. If there is a problem with Peacock then we already have a player that can do a job.

Woodman. I have been impressed with Woody's performance's this season. Hard to say whether he could make the step up.

Roberts. Has the pace to be a problem in div-1. I'm not sure if his all round game is good enough though.

Overall.

The same problem that cursed us the last time we were in div-1 is still there. We will need to bring in a strong experienced centre back. Otherwise we could be in big trouble. I think our squad is of about the same standard as the last promotion squad, i just hope if we do go up, that the present squad adjust to the higher standard faster than the last squad did.

FC.  I think Miller has got better as trhe season has gone on. Has'nt scored as many as we would like but has played very well. Needs to score more goals if we are to do well in div-1 but I'm sure he can.

Miller reminds me of Duncan Ferguson, brilliant in the air but he just doesnt have strikers feet.

Guest e-large

If Butlers the problem in central defence and he has being playing the majoroty of the season why have we got the best defence in the football league?

I lost count of the mistakes Butler made in the first half of the season. Yes since he has come back into the side he has been playing a lot better. Actually no, he's not playing better, he's playing a HELL of a lot better.

However, even if he can keep his present form til the end of the season, i dont think he will be up to div-1 standards.

I hope he can prove me wrong, because last season he was so commanding at the back, it made all the difference.

He was the type of player we had been crying out for since Shawn Taylor stopped playing.

So its not a case of me slagging him off unfairly, because if he can reproduce last season's form and keep it, i'll admit i am wrong.

Guest whitey_03
"Miller reminds me of Duncan Ferguson, brilliant in the air but he just doesnt have strikers feet".

Spike, having not seen Lee play this season my opinion is purely based on his time in Scotland but to say he doesnt have strikers feet has confused me! Are you refering to his scoring ability or are you refering to his skill! :cool: If you are refering to his scoring, I'm sure he is settling in now and will begin to find the net on a regular basis, because now he has the backing of many more fans than he previously did!! And also confidence is the key, as I read on another thread, his performance midweek against Grimsby was different class and his best in a City shirt!! Granted his is brilliant in the air but he will develop that killer scoring touch aswell!

If you were refering to his skill on the ball then he must have stopped using it because I can tell you he has that much skill in his feet he could embarrass many defenders!! The things he can do with the ball are quality!! Mayb if he would relax more into his game you'd see the ball skill to make defenders look rather silly!!

Just to point out I'm not trying to say your putting Lee down in anyway, its just i wanted to find out what you meant with the comment!! There is much more to come from Lee just wait and see......

Guest Cider Red Sam

GK - Phillips

DL - Hill

DC - Fortune

DC - Coles

DR - Amankwaah

ML - A.Brown

MC - Doherty

MC - Wilkshire

MR - Goodfellow

FC - Miller/Peacock

FC - Lita

Subs - Stowell, Carey, Tinnion, Peacock/Miller, Butler

If none of the players picked up any suspensions or injuries then I feel this team would comfortably stay up (that obviously won't happen though).

The only position I think it would be 100% necessary to improve would be the goalkeeper. Phillips may have let in the least amount of goals in the nationwide league this year, but I think thats mainly down to his defence rather than his goalkeeping ability.

It would also be nice to have a new left back, as there is no cover for Matt Hill (I don't see Woodman as division 1 standard).

Other than that, I think the strength in our squad is sufficient to cover any injuries/suspensions.

I'm just saying the guy from what Ive seen can score a header with ease but he doesnt look compfotable with the ball at his feet.... I bet if he had a choice between a chance on his head and a chance on his feet he would choose head where most strikers I think would take a chance on thier foot.

I think he'll score alot of headers if the service continues to come but I still think from what Ive seen so far he doesnt seem to be too confident about being on the ball

Archived