IGNORED

Wilkshire

Guest upthecity

Guest upthecity

watching Wilkshire on Saturday, it made me wonder if he is good enough to be in the city first team. Nobody around thinks he is good enough, i noticed he takes most of the corners and some shooting free kicks, but they never seem to produce anything. i couldnt understand how Danny Wilson played Wilkshire on the right instead of Goodfellow. what do you think of him?

Guest samatcheddar

u need your head seeing to. he is a quality player and can progress very far. his free kicks are good and he may get a goal from them 1 day. its a shame they hit the wall or just go past the post all the time. he is a quality international player and needs to be praised alot more. upthecity needs his head c-ing

He didn't really stand out for me, but on other occasion's he's been half decent. lets remember that he keeps on getting played out of position.

Also, a small note, the football suppliment in the News of the World had Wilkshire down as MOTM and also in the division 2 team of the day!! I sometimes wonder if we all watch the same match. No mention of the Doc's contribution. I wonder if they had the names mixed up?

Guest Friday The 13th

On this forum he seems to have become some form of God. I personally reckon he is very overated, although since the beginning of the season I can say he has improved vastly. At the moment he is probably doing enough to warrant a place in the first team, but with Doherty playing superbly and Wilkshire not being a right winger I don't see how he is getting in the side. I feel Tinnion should be rested soon or he will burn himself out, with Wilkshire replacing him.

I still find it amazing we are playing Wilkshire on the right, although he hasn't been doing a bad job of late, it highlights we seem to be very weak in this position STILL. Think someone has to emerge, Marvin or Roberts to take this spot for themselves because it is blatent Goodfellow should be on the left.

Guest Friday The 13th
Has Aaron ever played on the right - my dodgy memory doesn't recall seeing him there.

Why not put Freezer on the left (would love to see him there at least once) and Aaron on the right?

Cause over 50% of our goals during the run have come from Aaron Brown crosses. If he plays on the right I can't imagine too many crosses coming in. Therefore the goals would be harder to come by, we NEED a right foot right winger. We have these at the club in the form of Marvin Brown and Christian Roberts, but for some reason neither are getting a proper look in at the first team.

Cause over 50% of our goals during the run have come from Aaron Brown crosses. If he plays on the right I can't imagine too many crosses coming in. Therefore the goals would be harder to come by, we NEED a right foot right winger. We have these at the club in the form of Marvin Brown and Christian Roberts, but for some reason neither are getting a proper look in at the first team.
Before he went off to play in the Olympic qualifiers, Wilkshire was the Div 2 leader for goal assists with 8.

I rate him as a player but to appreciate any player you need to consider the bigger picture and see what they are doing when they don't have the ball.

Wilkshire covers an awful lot of ground during a game and is always looking to make himself available to receive the ball. One of Brown's failings is that he often looks as though he is marking defenders instead of looking for a space to get in to receive the ball. Watch Wilkshire and Brown the next time you see City and note the difference.

I think he's a superb player. I'm not saying he's some star who will become a Prem player soon. But for division 2 he is more than capable. HOWEVER, he doesn't shine on the right. I'm just pleased he's done ok out there at the moment. He is definitely a central midfielder.

I think he's a superb player. I'm not saying he's some star who will become a Prem player soon. But for division 2 he is more than capable. HOWEVER, he doesn't shine on the right. I'm just pleased he's done ok out there at the moment. He is definitely a central midfielder.
Definatly not a winger, but with the back four playing so well i dont think Danny's going to shift to 3-5-2 and personally i like to see Tins, Docs and Lukey ALL playing so i guess Luke is as much of a right winger than the other two.

I think we will see an un-changed team on Saturday :cool:

Guest Friday The 13th

I agree that Wilkshire is a very valuable asset to the team, but quite simply I think he shouldn't be playing out on the right. He drifts in all the time sometimes leaving Carey exposed. I agree he should be in the team, as I said in place of Tinnion who could come on with 30 minutes remaining. The right wing berth should be handed to someone with pace and flair who can threaten defenders. This then enables Wilkshire to support the winger and push into the box where he could be much more of a threat with his quick thinking.

Going over it I was probably wrong saying he was very overated, I just don't see him as our answer to the right wing, he will always be a more central player. But still there is no point in changing a winning team so he should keep his place for the forseeable future.

u need your head seeing to. he is a quality player and can progress very far. his free kicks are good and he may get a goal from them 1 day. its a shame they hit the wall or just go past the post all the time. he is a quality international player and needs to be praised alot more. upthecity needs his head c-ing

Quality player? Yes. Without Doubt

Good Free kicks? No. Should be left for tinnion, if not aaron brown.

Quality player? Yes. Without Doubt

Good Free kicks? No. Should be left for tinnion, if not aaron brown.

He's getting closer though, and it will come I think.

I agree with the remarks about right winger but on saturday he gave a great display as a right sided midfielder, his positioning and defence work were excellent, and he was always in support and available.

Guest Cider Red Sam

Wilkshire is a class player. You don't play 20+ games in the premier league for nothing. His vision and creativity are brilliant, and the little balls he plays around defenders are amazing. He isn't afraid to get stuck in either. I'd say he was our most creative player, even more so than Tinman. Tinman just plays 40 yard balls to players in acres of space (not that there's anything rong with that!) but Wilkshire sems to be able to thread a throughball through where it seems as if there isn't a pass on at all. I really rate Wilkshire, and even though I agree he's not a right winger, and I personally would play him in centre midfield, but he gives us something most teams don't have, a right midfielder who must surely confuse the hell out of left backs when he wanders all over the pitch. I think, given time, Wilkshire could prove to be a bargain for us. I also think if we can get out of this division, Wilkshire will thrive in division 1 where the game is slightly more technical.

I thought on saturday wilkshire looked pretty good. He seemed to have a bit more fight in him, not getting pushed off the ball so easy as he was before he went away. If he did loose the ball he was keen to get it back and often did. I think he is great for the future. We have loads of players, Coles , Hill, Miller, Doc etc for example who will be great for years to come...IF we can hold on to them which we MUST do.

I rate Luke Wilkshire as the one player in our team who will go on to play in the Premiership one day, though he already has.

His off the ball movement is better than Tinnion's, his vision is as good if not better than Tinnion's, and if he had the finishing to match his movement he will be a better player than Tinnion ever was.

As fct mentioned, he is his natural replacement, and I believe he can and will go on to exceed the Tinman.

And if anyone still thinks we need a goalscoring midfielder, give Wilkshire one or two season's and he'll be hitting double figures per season comfortably.

He's a natural footballer. He has the quality, and he has the brain and awareness to match.

Wilkshire is brilliant - the only reason he has been playing out on the right is necessity with Amankwaah injured, Roberts off his game and Goodfellow seemingly making the word "enigma" his own. There are times when he runs the whole show in the way Tinnion used to - not knocking Tinman but age is catching up with him, and Wilkshire looks to be his natural successor.

And he will be back in the Premiership in a couple of season - hopefully with City :cool:

hes over rated, has a good brain, but techically no better then our youngesters and lacks all pace.

Apart from A Brown, last Saturday we had no pace what so ever in the middle or up front. There was quite a few times were we won the ball and were ready to counter attack but theplayer in possession looked up and realised a ball over the top was a wasted ball and had to hold play up.

As well as A Brown you need at least one quick forward, hence my view that Peacock and Miller (both good players) should not partner each other.

You dont become an Aussie international, if you are ####. DW keeps playing him on the right, which he aint!!, play him where Tins does to rest him, play Doc, who, fair play is currently on a blinder, Robbo/Marvin on the right and Goodfellow/Aaron on the left. Best use of players! Means they will all get a game or two, and not be too burnt out for April, and those important games!!

Wilks is pure quality, good technique, good passing, beginning to get more challenges in.

Think he is settling in pretty well really

Do prefer to see him play in centre, but does a reasonable job as right midfield player.

Yes I would start with him in the first 11 every time :D

Guest Red_Rat

He's got the potential to be a very good player.Good first touch,technique,all round knowledge of the game.

He just needs a bit of confidence,and some extra pace to allow him to run past players,then we'll have a reall good player on our hands.

I think he is a reasonable player who I expect to improve over time.

Saying that, I think he shouldn't be in the side at present as he is a central midfielder and Tins and Doc deserve their starting berth.

Stolen from earlier post :-

Goodfellow has played a much bigger part than Luke in the recent good run and although I am totally against him playing on the right (as expressed in several threads), he should be ahead of Wilkshire in that position.

I would change the bench by putting Roberts back in. Why we need two players on the bench (Bell and Woodman) who are prodominantly considered to be left backs when we could have another forward option or a right-sided midfield option from 1 player is beyond me at present.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I personally think with some help from Tinman he will become a fantastic player.

At the moment in the middle he is good and on the right wing average.

For me it would be a hard decision to choose between him and Goodfellow on the right, however it would still be him for me as Goodfellow had a good 2 games and now he doesn't look a touch on the player he was on the first two games.

Wilkshire is a good player without a doubt and he shows so much potential for me that i think he could do a very good job for us in div 1 and be a adequate relacement for Sir Brian Tinnion.

At the moment i understand why Wilson isn't playing him in the middle cause the doc and tins are doing so well.

If we are winning i think we should bring Tinman off for the last 20 mins at least for Goodfellow and put Wilkshire in the middle.

We have to start planning for the future and we eventually will have to play without Tinman and we should gradually work towards this rather than one day not having him there and becoming stuck.

Archived