IGNORED

Scots Prem Div

Guest jaypug

Guest whitey_03

as a supporter of Rangers ( i know i know what a season :cool: ) but to be honest if City came into our league you might find it harder than you think. I dont think you'd beat Celtic, or Rangers ( when the start playing like they can )!! But to be honest the lower teams like Partick Thisle, Aberdeen, Dundee United I'm sure you'd prove to be more than a match for them. The standard up here isnt as bad as you think but I'm sure you'd give a good account of yourselves!!

It's a joke of a league. There are 30 points between 1st and 3rd place! And the top team have only dropped 2 points all season. It's by far the worst league in europe by a long stretch. I wouldn't rate rangers as any higher than mid premiership class and even they are beating pretty much everyone in that league. I'd say we'd be pushing for 3rd or 4th.

Lee Miller should have a fair idea; perhaps he'd care to come on and post his considered thoughts?

Going back 25 odd years, any other older forum members remember that dire night at the Gate v Partick? City were 2-0 up and all you could here was "Bristol, Bristol give us a song" coming from just two dozen Partick fans who had flown down to support their team. Then of course there was that amazing battle up at Hibs. City had at least two sent off and five booked, losing 5-3? We won the return leg though and went on to lift the Anglo Scottish Cup. All due of course to the efforts of Gow, Gillies, Ritchie etc.

Guest whitey_03

Thats a typical English outlook on the SPL from you NailseaRed!! You wouldnt finish 3rd or 4th believe me! Mid table fair enough but even teams like Hearts and Dundee ( if the survive administration ) would give you a fair game!!

I'm not trying to knock Bristol City, as i have taken a big interest in them since Lee's move on the summer but our league would prove difficult for you!!

It will be alot tighter next year as Rangers will have a team which works next year and Celtic will lose there only real outstanding player, Henrik Larsson!!

You should mayb try and get him to play with you next year as the rumours are that he hasnt had any concrete offer yet :P

Guest butterflybairn

as usual the standard of scottish football is very underestimated. yes celtic are way ahead of the rest but celtic are a very very good team and would easily more than hold their own in the premiership.

my own team beat Wigan pre season (fair enough it was a friendly) but there is a common misconception that bigger wages and bigger gates means better football when it is not neccessarily the case.

Guest whitey_03

to prove the level of Scottish football is underestimated think of these performances!

Celtic beat both Liverpool and Blackburn on route to the UEFA Cup final last season, only to be beaten by Porto, a very good team who trounced Lazio 4-1 in the semi finals. As i have mentioned before I'm a rangers fan but credit where credit due for Celtic.

However, domestically Celtics all conquering European team were beaten to all honours by Rangers. For all Celtics progress they won Sweet FA.

The third best team in Scotland is Hearts. Do you think City would beat them? Bareing in mind Hearts were unlucky to be put out of the UEFA cup by Bordeaux.

As I said in one of my previous posts I'm not slaggin Bristol City, because I believe you will get promoted as Champions and go on to do very well in divison 1 when your youngster come of age ie Miller, Lita, Goodfellow etc. I'm just trying to show life in the SPL wouldnt be as easy as you think, but hey why not suggest to your club officals to arrange pre season friendlys with some SPL clubs and test yourselves properly.

As a bit of a Celtic fan (get dragged up there about 6 times a season, only when city arn't playing) I think we would struggle, it may not be the best league around but look at hearts and hibs etc, they may not get far in the UEFA cup but they do win the odd game which is more I think than we would do. I think the first div would be more our standards

Archived