IGNORED

Corner On Saturday

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

When a Wrexham player came to take a corner by the East End he put the ball outside of the little circle. Everyone stood up and pointed this out to the Ref. He just waved play on when he was obviously cheating. Would you call this cheating?

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

At the end of the day does placing the ball 6 inches from its supposed place make any difference at a corner. In general watch any goalie taking an freekick form a foul or offside and they generally move the ball at least 5 yards from the place of the foul generally infield. Dibble did this at least twice on Saturday.

Guest EastEnder

Have a listen to Stanley Bowles on Sky.

He used to do it for a past time to wind the fans up. I think it's a bit of gamesmanship that offers nothing more than getting us sorts hot and bothered.

On that line a few years ago Rangers (Glasgow that is) actually reduced the width of their pitch before a European game in order to stop the wide players getting around the back - I can't quite remember who it was against - but I don't think it worked - alittle bit like Wrexham on Saturday then!!!

Where's your wife gone

Where's your wife gone

Where's your wife gone Stanley Bowles

You aint got one

Never had one

You're a *astard Stanley Bowles

(circa 1974 I think)

Guest WestburyRed
At the end of the day does placing the ball 6 inches from its supposed place make any difference at a corner.
Could do, especially in that wind. Getting it further from the touchline increases the chance of swerving it in towards the goal (Wilkshire wasn't far away from scoring from a corner on Saturday)

Archived