IGNORED

Peacock- Sorting His Act Out?

Guest mickeygee

Guest mickeygee

Whilst I'd seen enough of LP over the last few years to know that he was a half decent player, he always seemed to come up short in terms of attitude, hard work and general 'giving a t***' about the club - I had him down as a better than average journeyman of whow we've seen dozens at Ashton Gate (Mortimer, Gavin second time round, Atteveld, Jones etc.)

The change has been remarkable and really encouraging - he closes down well nowadays, is winning cleaner challenges in the air and is setting a standard for the others to follow. I just get the feeling he's grown lately and realises he's well able for this and perhaps the next division. The concern about a new contract has perhaps sharpened his mind....

I thought 6 months ago there was no way we should re-sign him, but feel that he probably is as good as we're likely to get without spending many 100s of 1000s on a new player with all the risks that go with that.

Keep it up Lee - why not try a free-kick on Saturday to get your scoring going again?

By the way, we all guessed Thorpe was on about 3-4 K per week. Guesses as to the sort of contract someone like LP would get if we did go up this season...?

I'll start - £2500 / week .......

Archived