IGNORED

Can Anyone Confirm.

BS3_RED

A season ticket holder at work went down the gate today. Whilst there he asked about the EE for Plymouth/QPR. He said he was told IT WILL be open to home fans.

I havnt seen anything posted about this, so dont know how true. Anyone know anything.

I wouldn't take my word for this as I'm not entirely sure but I have been told that it will NOT be open. I've been told that QPR are bringing a lot down and the rest of the room will crammed with police.

Guest BCFC Matt

I wouldnt say a definate Yes or No yet, one thing to remember is that the Eastend WAS open v Plymouth last season and there was no trouble.

Seeing as having the Eastend gives us an edge, id like to think the club would think carefully rather than just saying no.

We'll see how it goes, its 50/50 at the moment id say.

Putting aside concerns about segragation etc, the Eastend MUST be open. It has surely been proved that the backing from the 'Eastenders' is like having an extra player on the pitch? WE are home, WE should use that to our advantage!

Guest East-Ender

Chatting to a steward on saturday and he said it definately WON'T be open for Qpr and Plymuff. Don't know if there's any truth in this or not :cool:

Guest BCFC Matt
Chatting to a steward on saturday and he said it definately WON'T be open for Qpr and Plymuff. Don't know if there's any truth in this or not  :cool:
To be honest, if the Upper levels of City (SteveL,ColinS,Keith Draisey) havent decided anything yet, I'm sure that a steward would be one of the last to know. :o

Guest city slicker 71

Iv'e said it before, we are top of the league, we call the shots, that they have too many is not our problem, we come first same as the eleven men in red. I'm confident that Mr Sexstone and Mr Lansdown have not been oblivious to the uplift in spirit.

RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW(TENNYSON)

I think it has to be open. As RedM said, it's like having an extra player on the pitch, and although it may sound a tad unfair, the less fans they have, the less noise they can make (even if it means less money for us).

Whats the capacity for the left side of the EE for away fans if we're in the right side?

A season ticket holder at work went down the gate today. Whilst there he asked about the EE for Plymouth/QPR. He said he was told IT WILL be open to home fans.

I havnt seen anything posted about this, so dont know how true. Anyone know anything.

i spoke to a steward who i know very well and work with, he did

say the eastend will be open for those games..

but we'll have to wait and see :cool:

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

It was open last season for the playoff game against Cardiff so theres is no reason it won't be open for any other game.

What's the exact rule with gate receipts though? I know in cup games it's split, but is it the same with the league?

What I'm getting at is if they get a cut of the away support tickets they sell, surely it's beneficial to us to only give them a limited allocation and sell out the rest of the ground for ourselves

Or am I getting the wrong end of me own stick 'ere? :cool:

What's the exact rule with gate receipts though? I know in cup games it's split, but is it the same with the league?

What I'm getting at is if they get a cut of the away support tickets they sell, surely it's beneficial to us to only give them a limited allocation and sell out the rest of the ground for ourselves

Or am I getting the wrong end of me own stick 'ere?  :cool:

Home clubs keep the gate receipts don't they?

As far as i know we are not obliged to give Q.P.R. or Plymouth extra space in the East End just because they could fill it.

In the Premiership the amount of tickets given to away fans is tiny.

City should sell half the East End to City fans in advance, and then fill the other 3 sides up.

We'll still sell out to home fans, and the less away fans there are the better.

Home clubs keep the gate receipts don't they?

As far as i know we are not obliged to give Q.P.R. or Plymouth extra space in the East End just because they could fill it.

In the Premiership the amount of tickets given to away fans is tiny.

City should sell half the East End to City fans in advance, and then fill the other 3 sides up.

We'll still sell out to home fans, and the less away fans there are the better.

We have to allocate a minimum of 2500 tickets to away fans, but are not obliged to give them any more than that (ie the whole end), the whole gate receipts are split not just the away fans for the away team etc, can't remember the exact figures off the top of my head but I think it's something like 80/10/10 Home/Away/FA. No doubt someone else on here knows a link to a site that will give the correct split.

I think it will be open, did anyone read saturdays programme steve l said the fans have been brilliant which showed in their insisting that the East end was Reclaimed for home supporters. or something like that anyway,

I think the East end will become a permanent thing. though i may be wrong. lets hope not.

We have to allocate a minimum of 2500 tickets to away fans, but are not obliged to give them any more than that (ie the whole end), the whole gate receipts are split not just the away fans for the away team etc, can't remember the exact figures off the top of my head but I think it's something like 80/10/10 Home/Away/FA.  No doubt someone else on here knows a link to a site that will give the correct split.

Not too sure your figures are right there Cityboy.

Whatever, we should give them the absolute minimum that we have to and fill the rest with City fans.

Make them all-ticket if they're not already. Much rather a part-time City fan in the ground than a noisy Plymouth or QPR fan.

Not too sure your figures are right there Cityboy.

Whatever, we should give them the absolute minimum that we have to and fill the rest with City fans.

Make them all-ticket if they're not already. Much rather a part-time City fan in the ground than a noisy Plymouth or QPR fan.

Yeah sorry, away club actually receives 5% of the aggrerate sales of tickets (exclusive of VAT)

Archived