IGNORED

Wirdest Place You've Posted To The Forum From?

Southport Red

Teeny little computer area in a hotel in Lanzarote.

Or the computer suite at school only weird cos its full of weird kids going "Miss Miss is that the Bristol City site?" whilst I'm cursing the filter put on by the council that means I cant read some of it.

Hotel Reception overlooking the main road in Budapest after the Huddersfield game last August. Seems a little surreal in hindsight.

Good post. Very original.

I remember a few years ago being on honeymoon in New Zealand and having to search high and low for internet access. Ended up costing me a fortunate to find out that we had lost 1 nil to Wigan. The missus was not happy that night .....

Currently in the lounge in Doha airport. Logging on to the chatroom (feels VERY SAD, especially when its not evn a matchday).

Where is the oddest place you have posted to the forum from?

Vale do lobo golf club in the Algarve

Teeny little computer area in a hotel in Lanzarote.

Or the computer suite at school only weird cos its full of weird kids going "Miss Miss is that the Bristol City site?" whilst I'm cursing the filter put on by the council that means I cant read some of it.

May i ask what school Dolly, and you teach or :dunno:

May i ask what school Dolly, and you teach or :dunno:

School in Clifton, and I'm a learning support assistant (posh word for slave) to a disabled child. Play time means I go and hide on the computers for 20 mins while he goes out in the playground.

Slightly off topic but not really, I managed to send an email from my phone yesterday whilst sat in a traffic jam, which I was most chuffed about.

I got called up for the RAF in 2003 and got posted to Basra in southern Iraq. An air conditioned porta cabin that held 6 PC stations. The club should set up a webcam. Would have been a god send out there!

School in Clifton, and I'm a learning support assistant (posh word for slave) to a disabled child. Play time means I go and hide on the computers for 20 mins while he goes out in the playground.

Slightly off topic but not really, I managed to send an email from my phone yesterday whilst sat in a traffic jam, which I was most chuffed about.

Clever well educated Clifton scolar then.........i got job to text :crying:

Ps admire what your doing at the school, good girl

koe lanta in thailand, ban saladan was realy 3rd world but the ferry station had a coin operated computer, i remember looking on teamtalk, city were linked with kostadinov on short term loan, it was the season we went down.

even weirder, i seen lewis vs holyfield live on the beech at 9am in the morning, i asked the thai bloke after reading the bangkok post article about the fight, if he could get the fight, he said yes, then turned round and ordered it via a radio phone, like the phones they had in blackadder goes fourth.

proper international crowd aswell, 2 brits,2thais,1swiss,1 german,1 canadian,1 yank and a frog.

we all agreed at the end, lewis had won easy enough, it was a draw, cheating bloody yanks.

koe lanta in thailand, ban saladan was realy 3rd world but the ferry station had a coin operated computer, i remember looking on teamtalk, city were linked with kostadinov on short term loan, it was the season we went down.

even weirder, i seen lewis vs holyfield live on the beech at 9am in the morning, i asked the thai bloke after reading the bangkok post article about the fight, if he could get the fight, he said yes, then turned round and ordered it via a radio phone, like the phones they had in blackadder goes fourth.

proper international crowd aswell, 2 brits,2thais,1swiss,1 german,1 canadian,1 yank and a frog.

we all agreed at the end, lewis had won easy enough, it was a draw, cheating bloody yanks.

I'm impressed. When I went Koh lanta had only had electricity for eight years.

Koh Lanta is probably one of the friendliest places I have ever been to. It was completely out of season when we went and there must have been only a few hundred tourists on the island.

We walked past a resturaunt in the afternoon and said we may come back later on, later we saw the guy we had talked to return from fishing with our freshly caught tea. Also had a great time in one of the rasta bars.

was at dubai airport (amazing place!) checking the forum for the score during the Everton league cup game last season, it went to pens and then I had to get my flight,

then just a 14hr flight wondering how we got on!! PAINFUL!

Guest BENGLOSBCFC

THIS POST COULD PROVIDE SOMEW FUNNY READING! MINE WAS ON THE CRAPPER AT WORK ON MY LAPTOP.IT WAS A S#@T THREAD I WAS REPLYING TOO!

THIS POST COULD PROVIDE SOMEW FUNNY READING! MINE WAS ON THE CRAPPER AT WORK ON MY LAPTOP.IT WAS A S#@T THREAD I WAS REPLYING TOO!

:disapointed2se: oh dear oh dear oh dear. :doh:

some of my otib posts have been written from random student accomodations around the coldest, miserable parts of Wolverhamtpon, still, at least when ive finished posting them, there's a lass to get back to, afterall, i am in their room and using their internet. It would only be the curtious thing to actually pay them some attention :cool::shifty: but i always check my emails and otib forum when i get a spare 10 mins :w00t:

either Wolves or the Hotel Tropical in San Antonia Ibiza, where it cost me a shed load to look up the posts.

Variously.

club room in the Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam

Saint Marten airport (caribbean)

Sanford Airport (Florida)

Crowne Plaza Hotel Sorrento (Italy)

Hoping to add somewhere in Bermuda to that list Oct/Nov.

One post was in Disneyquest in Orlando, i was sitting on a giant model of mickey mouse( lap as seat) whilst typing on the forum with Buzz Lightyear and Woody walking around shaking hands. Pretty surreal.

In Fiji after crossing the dateline from L.A now I can never remember but I think you "lose a day" going that way; maybe if you go the other way you get the result before it happens :blink:

Guest WARWICK RED

best palce was in pattaya thailand!!

when we was playing on a saturday think we was playing chesterfield a few years ago now

all the locals found it great when they seen our website !!!

I´m in Girona at the moment using this Spanish keyboard which is so hard to type something on.

God I had that trouble when I went to Lanzarote, the letters arent in the right place, and I was in live chat for one game and kept apologising for what looked like bad spelling.

Guest Harvey_BCFC

I´m in Girona at the moment using this Spanish keyboard which is so hard to type something on.

I hate that airport :@

Zoolicher garden in Berlin

Over there for a weekend used one of they Easy internet cafes, very weird in there with all the krauts looking at my screen, needless to say i was very proud with the big city banner on top of the screen

Top of the empire states building in New York.

There was a massive queue to go down and the missus was busy wasting money on tat in the shop. After an hour I got bored of the view. There's not even a bar up there, so I used an internet station to pass the time.

Guest TimmerD

Beijing, Tokyo, New Zealand and Aus - all have had bcfc.co.uk / otib.co.uk added to the favourites menue in various hotels / bars!!!

Ayers Rock Resort, Australia.

I travelled round Australia for 4 months in 2003 and logged on to the forum when I got the chance, to see what was happening back at the Gate.

:englandsmile4wf:

Guest harpernator06

as u read this i am lapping up the heaT IN TURKEY!!! :w00t: but still flying the flag 4 city :city:

I remember a few years ago being on honeymoon in New Zealand and having to search high and low for internet access. Ended up costing me a fortunate to find out that we had lost 1 nil to Wigan. The missus was not happy that night .....

The wife a big City fan too then? :dance:

Posted from a small hotel just near Auschwitz (although that isn't really weird), as well as hotels in several other places. Weirdest place I must have read the forum though was going through the security check to get into the Reichstag building. Also sort of linked was on the same school trip that we went to Auschwitz and Berlin we saw a bloke in an Australian bar in Potzdammer Platz in Berlin, wearing a City shirt. I went over to say hi, and it turned out this bloke had actually no links to Bristol at all, and only liked the team because he had played for us on Championship Manager. He got the shirt off a mate, who had come to Bristo especially when he was on a business trip in London. I gave him the address to this forum and told him to post. No idea if he ever did though :S.

Archived