IGNORED

Wurzels At Number 36

Guest redrum

As people have already said, it isn't The Wurzels. However, Yeovil's chart success did make me wonder if we shouldn't be thinking along similar lines, so I have posted the following on Steve L's forum:

Dear Steve/Colin/Richard,

I'm sure you've seen that Yeovil Town are in the Top 40 (that's the hit parade, to you!) and, given the publicity it has given them, I wonder if it is something we should consider.

If we get promoted (sorry, I never know if I'm meant to say 'if' and appear unsure, or 'when' and appear arrogant), would the club consider getting the players to record 'Drink Up Thy Cider' with The Wurzels and releasing it as a CD single?

Chances are it would sell 8,000+ copies and, as I understand it, it only takes sales of around 2,000 to get into the top 40 in the charts, so we could be looking at an appearance on Top Of The Pops and lots of media coverage.

Presumably, The Wurzels have recording studios etc. (if not, I'm sure 3D from Massive Attack would help out), so production costs would be small, but the returns could make it an extremely worthwhile venture.

I hope it's something you will consider doing to kickstart the promotion celebrations in May (fingers crossed, obviously).

Guest bcfccider

A former Director allegedly rubbished a record they recorded for City a few years ago and it was never released.

It would be a nice gesture if we reappraised it, otherwise I think the answer could be no!

I thought when Yeovil were singing on TV, before their FA cup game against Liverpool , they said the Wurzels wrote it for them. Why has it got into the charts all of a sudden, the game was ages ago. Did the fans get together and all agree to buy it last week making sure it got into the charts?

I think it would be great to get a cd out by our players, surely they can sing but I don't think that's a necessity for a football record. Maybe scott Davidson could do a guest appearence on the keyboard, or he might know someone with recording studios?

Didn't Daniel Beddingfield make his (only?) record in his bedroom. If our players want to come and sing in my bedroom I'm sure I could squeeze them in! :cool:

Archived