IGNORED

Matchdays At Ashton Gate

Guest whitey_03

Guest whitey_03

just wanted to know if any regular City home supporters could give me a guide in how to have the best possible day out at a City home game.

Me and a few lads are coming down from Scotland to watch our mate Lee play against Oldham. So we are looking for a few tips to get the best out of our trip!!

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Like where to go before/after/nightlife etc.

Cheers

Rab

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Get yourself booked up in the The Marriot. Kinda tastefull and they turn a blind eye to female "guests" coming back with you on a night.

Your pre-match pub has got to be the Wedlocks. It's right opposite the ground to so easy to find. The Rising Sun is also a good place to start. Nightlife wise the City Centre's always a safe bet, but if you fancy something a little different from your average city crowd, Whiteladies Road in Clifton is my personal favourite which is also chocca with loads of fit women.

Edit: www.itchybristol.co.uk/

Guest whitey_03

of course its eductional Joy.

I am asking for the other lads, you know how they get !! :P

If this winning streak continues i think it could be a very good weekend!!

Cheers for the suggestions lads, keep them coming!!

Guest Bootylicious

For your night out, all depends on what music you like.

I usually start on Corn Street, which has lots of bars and a club called Walkabout which is usually pretty good. Then head for Reflex (on road parallel to Corn St) which is a brilliant 80's bar/club. Or The Works, which is a club with a variety of music.

Enjoy!

For your night out, all depends on what music you like.

I usually start on Corn Street, which has lots of bars and a club called Walkabout which is usually pretty good. Then head for Reflex (on road parallel to Corn St) which is a brilliant 80's bar/club. Or The Works, which is a club with a variety of music.

Enjoy!

:cool:

:PC_Plod: Avoid 'The Works' at all costs! (unless you're 16-20):PC_Plod:

:vomit2:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The Works is full of Pikeys.

Go in Mckluskys (is it still there) Packed on a saturday and the people in there have all left school, unlike most bristol nightspots

Check out the Harbourside for truely massive (yet still rammed!) bars, and as I said, avoid the works like the plague, bad atmosphere always trouble due to overly young people and too much lager combined. I would suggest either 'The Dojo Lounge' on Park Row (Funky, Deep House) or if you're not into that sort of music then 'The Station' in the Centre on Silver Street (music varies but always good), or for cheesy music with 'loose' women 'The Academy' in Frogmore Street.

What ever you decide I'm sure you'll have a great time, Bristol rules!

:cool:

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Mcluskys closed down last week. My personal recommendation would be Walkabout on Corn St or for something a bit different try 'The Fez' after all its good enough for our future king (Prince William).

Guest whitey_03

sounds like theres a fair amount of different scenes. Sounds like the Scottish boys will love Bristol.

Hopefully see a few of you guys out and out, might even buy a few of you a pint for your suggestions!!

Whats the chances do you think of City still being on this amazing run by the time we get there!! By the way hows the talent down there anyway??

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Talent not too bad. I would expect you to fair well with the ladies as after all they like something different (thats if they can understand you). You know what its like when you goto another City.

Whats Edinburgh like for the ladies as I'm off there soon.

Guest whitey_03

Edinburgh is ok for talent, to be honest Glasgow is much better mate!!

Sounds like a good trip alround in store for us then!! Good football, good drink and last but definately not least good chicks!!

Bristol watch out the Scottish boys are coming down!!

Guest Grannyjoy

Hey! Lee Miller is a happily engeged young man.

As for Edinburgh - check out "Revolution Night Club", on Lothian Road, Lee's sister

twilights there as a Bar Supervisor when not at Uni.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

How old are you lot then? I've been looking for an excuse to get into town on a night for ages and this would be a perfect excuse.

I expect my Mrs will come too but don't worry, after 5 mins her voice just terns into a background buzzing noise which is easily ignored

Guest whitey_03

all the boys range from 19-21, i think theres about 8 of us coming down!! We are all up for a laugh, and nights out usually end up memorable!!

Would be good to meet up with a few of you guys for the game, introduce us into supporting City, learning the songs etc!!

all the boys range from 19-21, i think theres about 8 of us coming down!! We are all up for a laugh, and nights out usually end up memorable!!

Would be good to meet up with a few of you guys for the game, introduce us into supporting City, learning the songs etc!!

Quality stuff, if the East End is open i would Highly recommend you sit there. Also bring a Scottish Flag or something so people know who you are, Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.. I Met Lee Miller saturday, hes a quality bloke.

Guest whitey_03

of course he is a quality bloke, he's Scottish, infact his whole family are nice people to meet!! where did u meet him mate?

Well ive heard all this talk about the East End, i guess it would be a shame to come all the way down to Bristol and not experience it!!

A Scottish Flag is a great idea mate cheers, let everyone know especially Lee that the boys are in town!!

By the way how do you get get pictures to follow what your sayin like yours with Lee and the league table?? any help would be appreciated.

Guest city slicker 71

It will be a pleasure to have you all down here, ask Lee to come over and give us all a wave in the East End (good for publicity).

Regards,

Guest east_dundry_red

The works is a quality place. No trouble and always a good laugh.

though if you wnat a city place then go to chicargo rock. The dj is a city fan along with most of the bar staff and punters. And always good. If your there on a sat nite thats when the city fan dj (sean) is in and if you ask he will play wurzels for you.

of course he is a quality bloke, he's Scottish, infact his whole family are nice people to meet!! where did u meet him mate?

Well ive heard all this talk about the East End, i guess it would be a shame to come all the way down to Bristol and not experience it!!

A Scottish Flag is a great idea mate cheers, let everyone know especially Lee that the boys are in town!!

By the way how do you get get pictures to follow what your sayin like yours with Lee and the league table?? any help would be appreciated.

My Dad went in the players bar and i followed, Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.. You ought to go in there pal, the East End is buzzing.

Edinburgh is ok for talent, to be honest Glasgow is much better mate!!

Sounds like a good trip alround in store for us then!! Good football, good drink and last but definately not least good chicks!! 

Bristol watch out the Scottish boys are coming down!!

He's right Glasgow Rocks, Edinburgh sucks...they are normals in Glasgae, and dead freindly, if almost unintelligible when p*****- definitely Glasgow is better :D:me?::(

Guest whitey_03
How are you guys getting down here? Plane on the Saturday morning, or train on the Friday?

we are getting a plane down on the Friday night, staying in a hotel for the Friday and Saturday night then flying back up to Scotland on the Sunday!!

I was telling the other boys about the East End, and what suggestions have popped up on this and we are all very excited, just cant wait for the change of scenery and different chicks!!

Lita for Congo, I think we might try that tactic and sneak into the Players Lounge!! :D

And city slicker, ill mention to Lee to wave into the East End then, hopefully he will score and celebrate infront of it!! Then you'll see our Scottish flags flying to the chants of " Theres only one Lee Miller !!! " :Costumed19:

Hows the CIDER down there boys?? :Party3:

• Admin

There are quite a few budget Travel Inn type hotels in the City. If you're stuck for somewhere to stay you could always try the Alpha Hotel on Coronation Rd near the ground, voted 'worst hotel in Britain' on BBC1.

:D

Guest whitey_03

I think they might try the Marriot that WillsBridgeRed suggested thanks!!

Might pop into the Alpha to see if its as bad as it was made out on that show!! :D

Is it cheap for drink down there, because we are expecting to drink alot i presume, and need 2 figure out how much beer tokens we will need to bring! :Party12: :Party12: :Party12:

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

You'll be luck to get drinks (pints) for under £2.50 if you drink Stella your looking more at £2.80. if you decide to go in the Works (which I wouldn't) expect to pay £3.50 for a pint. If you want a cheap drink try the commercial rooms on Corn st they are a weatherspoons pub and always have offers on it not a bad place to start for that reason and its always packed but it doesn't play music.

Guest whitey_03

cheers mr Snufflelufagus!!

I can see us having a very expensive weekend, but well worth it!! Ill need to try and get a City top for the game!!

All the lads having spoke about anything else apart from " our weekend at Bristol "

Just wanna thank all the fans who have posted on this thread, this information is very much appreciated!!

Guest Thornbury Ciderhead

Whitey_03 - Are you Falkirk fans or just friends of "Windy"??

I hope you enjoy your weekend in Brizzle & victory for your new adopted club :D

My brother lives in Whitburn nr Livingstone - when he first moved there he told the locals he'd get them some cider. "Nah - thats a womans drink!!" he was told. The lasses drink woodpecker and iron bru.

Each time he comes down he has to take back proper farmhouse scrumpy - they love it - a proper mans drink.

:Party3: :Party3: :Party3: :Party3:

Guest whitey_03
Whitey_03 - Are you Falkirk fans or just friends of "Windy"??

I hope you enjoy your weekend in Brizzle & victory for your new adopted club :D

My brother lives in Whitburn nr Livingstone - when he first moved there he told the locals he'd get them some cider. "Nah - thats a womans drink!!" he was told. The lasses drink woodpecker and iron bru.

Each time he comes down he has to take back proper farmhouse scrumpy - they love it - a proper mans drink.

:Party3:  :Party3:  :Party3:  :Party3:

I am a Rangers fan myself but we were Falkirk fans but now we are Bristol City fans. Theres not a game goes by when we dont rush to a pub/bookies to check the Brsitol score, and of course to see if Lee has scored. We go where Lee( Windy ) goes. ( so i guess we go where the wind takes us :P )

I'm sure we will enjoy our weekend in Brizzle and of course will except nothing less than an victory from my new adopted team!!

The women are of a special breed up here, some of them are on the pints non stop!! :( But I'm sure we will have a little tipple of youe farmhouse scrumpy!! Whitburn isnt fair from where we are, 20 minutes or so!!

I keep saying it but, the most post that are posted on this thread, the more I'm getting excited about coming down there!! Lets just hope Oldham wont spoil our day :me?:

Guest whitey_03
I take it your going to come in "The Eastend" (Wedlock Stand) and sample Ashton Gates newly revived atmosphere...it'll be a must!
Of course Matt, we will try our best to get in there, just need to see where we can get tickets!!

We want to go in there because ive heard so much about it that it seems a shame to come all that way and not get involved in the atmosphere!!!

Guest Grannyjoy

Relax Whitey, Ive just spoken to Lee. He is going to see what he can do re tickets on one condition - We lose the nickname "WINDY" !!!!!

Possible new topic - decent nickname for Lee Miller?

Archived