IGNORED

So If We've Got Nowhere By Christmas

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Do we write-off this season and play the young guns on masse? Give them a chance to create a new team?

I'd keep Philips, Butler, Coles, Tinnion, Burnell, peacock and lita in the squad and fill it with promising youngsters. Begin a search of Free transfers for the summer and kiss good bye to the majority of the first team and reserve sqauds as soon as the season finishes.

I'd aim to have a playing squad of 16, providing the academy has sutible reserves for injurys, if not the squad would have to be big enough to provide cover for those posistions there isn't decent cover within the academy.

If the academy isn't up to this then maybe it should be s####ped, it costs too much just to have one for the sake of it.

All this is controversial, but I hope it can start a decent debate

Depends how you define 'If we've got nowhere by Christmas', it we are mid table a few points outside the playoff's then when pursue a 'mass change'. Playoff's we good enough for Cardiff last year and they seem to be doing fine this season.

We do NOT have a devine right to the top 2 spots, the factor for me at Christmas is how we are playing, not where we are. (although the two are linked). If we are still putting in below par performances as we are now, then changes should be made not too many as this will cause even more unbalance in a team low on confidence.

Certainly would NOT have Butler in the side - he should be already warming the bench this season not starting every game.

I'd be happy with a playoff place this season, but for me its about going on Saturday and seeing a good game, we're creating chances and the fans are getting value for money. this is the critera I'd judge by before making huge and rash decisions.

Do we write-off this season and play the young guns on masse?  Give them a chance to create a new team?

All this is controversial, but I hope it can start a decent debate

Write this season off?

What a good idea! :how funny:

After all,we are only 9th in the league,7 points of top spot,lost 3 games in 17.

Lets play the youngsters for the rest of the season and finish 23rd!

what planet you on?? :Confused13:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I didn't mean now you muppet.

I should have been more clear, It's Christmas, we're way off the pace annd Plymouth and Barnsly have got a 20 lead at the top.

Why not start building for the season after now.

I'm not saying thats what I'd do, just stimulating a debate, and shock horror Robbored you fail to manage it

I should have been more clear, It's Christmas, we're way off the pace annd Plymouth and Barnsly have got a 20 lead at the top.

That just 'aint going to happen - if it did then maybe ring some changes but really, can you see that happening. I know the football is not great at the moment but its equally not that bad when it comes down to points and the league table.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"How can you debate something that hasn`t happened yet"

Havn't you got the brain power to do something hypothetically?

I doubt we'll be adrift in the league by christmas, and although flattering we're not in a bad posistion league wise.

I thought an idea other than Wilson out, sign Robins ect ect would be interesting, I just wont bother in future

The horrific thought is that we'll be subjected to this sterile dross all season and arse our way into 6th by boring the pants off everyone. Then we go up by winning 1-0 over two legs and in the final get there on penalties after a 0-0; Wilson is vindicated and plays in division 1 with 8 defenders and long ball tactics.

Oh gawd.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I can hardly contain my excitment at the thought.

Remember Cambridge in the 90's with the Long ball - Almost took them to the Prem!

I'm a football purist, i love watching good football, and long ball is NOT good football.... its the equivalent to World War One tactics. Over The Top chaps and jolly good luck.

They'd be cut down like those poor sods were on the Somme. It'll get us precisely nowhere.

Archived