IGNORED

Comments Needed On Gas Board

nester

The main points are as follows..........

Hello, I was wondering what happended to your scouting system. Didn't you spot a lot of what-turned-out-to-be great players? Also, do you have a youth set-up like City?

Just curious.

Well we have no young players coming through...well apart from the ones who played last night (and scored by the way) and there is only the Bristol Rovers filton link up which has only provided three England schoolboy level players this season.So things are bleak on the homegrown talent front ! didnt cost a million pounds either.

As for scouting ,there are many young players being watched by rovers .In fact i know of a game thats being arranged soon where a whole team of trialists are playing ,some of these trialists are very good prospects and have good quality experience to.I'm sure something will come out of these trials and the club will tell us afterwards (no point in alerting other clubs ! ).

The team looks bleak at the moment but there are signs that in a year or two we could have a very good young team indeed

our youth team is ****e , loads of players who play for England school boys go on to play non league football , indeed a lot more then dont.

City who have a million pound academy have a team over half full with youth players who will go on to pay back that fee of a million per year. They also get the cream of Bristol talent.

I'm not being negative just realistic.

How many players from Citys £1m per year academy have played at a higher level than Div 2????

How many players have City made money on that have come through the academy???

In fact City waste millions on players in the academy that end up playing non league football.

Rovers youth system has in the past produced players that have gone on to play Premier League football and make Rovers a great deal of money.When Citys £1m per year academy does the same maybe then you should shout about how good it is until then the jury has to be out on their academy because the academy s crippling the club and there are many directors at City that want it s####ped ASAP

I wouldn't even get involved in the debate.

Look at the quality of our squad compared to theirs. How many of our squad are Academy products?

How many local lads do they have in their squad let alone the first team? Where are they in the league compared to us?

Rovers are now left to pick up the crumbs of local talent. Quite a change from a few years ago. That's what years of neglect have done.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

That muppet at the bottom sounds like the typical small minded fellow you get on that forum, I hardly bother reading it anymore.

True no ones played at a higher level yet, but most have only been playing first team football for 3 years!

We spend more on our academy than they spend on their whole set up, bunch of small time , no ambition, losers.

Guest brfc1883
That muppet at the bottom sounds like the typical small minded fellow you get on that forum, I hardly bother reading it anymore.

True no ones played at a higher level yet, but most have only been playing first team football for 3 years!

We spend more on our academy than they spend on their whole set up, bunch of small time , no ambition, losers.

MMM.....Thats what I like about you, well reasoned debate! :Sleep15:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"MMM.....Thats what I like about you, well reasoned debate! "

My mother always taught me to treat others how I would expect to be treated

Archived