IGNORED

How Big A Game Is Sheffield Really?

Robbored

Theres lots of anticipation about the upcoming Sheffield Wednesday game but apart from Hillsborough being a great stadium and Wednesday a well supported club theres no other reason for us City fans to be getting so exited.

Its not as if Sheffield are in the promotion race or are our local rivals and on the face of it its just another away fixture against another of Wilsons' former clubs.

I'll be much more "excited" when we play Swindon at the County Ground (assuming that Swindon are still going well at that time) and when QPR and Argyle come to the Gate.

And...before any one asks - yeah! I am going....

I know what you mean. When you look at Wednesday's home record (only won 4) you have to say this is a game we ought to win.

But you can't understimate the appeal of that stadium, Wednesday's tradition and the prospect of a crowd of 30,000.

That's why I'm jumping in the car and making one of my rare away trips. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Guest malaggro

There are generally a couple of away games a season, that when the fixtures are published everybody thinks to themselves, "I'm going to that one"

This year there was only one clear favourite and it's coming in just 3 DAYS. This is one when you are guaranteed a great following, a day on the lash with your mates and a good laugh all round.

Great Stadium, big crowd and a yellow submarine fit to burst.

Trip planned to Thatchers on Friday, it's all about preparation you know.

Regards :D

We've lost teams like Reading, Stoke, Wigan and Huddersfield from this division. Hillsborough must be the best stadium in this division by miles apart from Ashton Gate, no wonder people are excited.

Guest cider gliders

Last time we went to Hillsborough to watch the

city was August 21st 1971 when city crushed

Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 in front of 12,738.

Ole Big John Galley got an Hat-Trick that day!

How we could do with a result like that this

week! :me?:

It`s the winning run that as created the intrest,

Don`t matter who we were away to this week

there would still be a big turn out!

If we beat Wednesday and then beat wycombe

next Tuesday, We`ll frighten Stockport to death

the following Saturday with the turnout from

Bristol! :D UP THE CITY! :(

The Sheff Weds game is our biggest game so far for the following reasons.....

1) We're the top Div 2 club.

2) We need to beat Sheff Weds to make it 12 from 12 consecutive league wins.

3) Sheff Weds has a 7,000 away end and we'll probably almost fill it !!!!!!

4) If we beat Sheff Weds at Hillsborough the whole of England will know City are back in business as a prospective top club at last.

Up the City

Point Nr 4, that will say more about us this season, as far as the rest of football is concerned, than anything else we do, unless we get that run completed. :D:me?:

Massive game for Cider-Reds, a chance to see the promised land of Div 1, and getting the 12th game done!! :(:D

COME ON YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS!! :D:):clap::clap:

Archived