IGNORED

Music Running Out To

Guest city_2002

Guest city_2002

Well i have moaned and moaned about the music we run out to. I think we should run out to Pulp Fiction Miserlou very good indeed what do you think

Cheers

James

I agree the music we run out to is #### , maybe at the moment while were top we could run out to simply the best by tina turner , that star wars music wasnt too bad.

And when we score we could play that tom hark by the piranas , thats a bit unoriginal now though as everyone seems to do it!

Any Roni Size - great beat, local talent, City fan.

Great beat, yes. Local talent, yes. City fan, no.

Roni (uncool real name Ryan Williams) claims to support Bristol Rovers, though as far as I'm aware he's not really a football fan at all. Jumped on the footy bandwagon to look street and 'urban', but instead ended up looking a bit of a ###### through his unfortunate choice of adopted club!

Miserlou gets my vote as well.

Guest Eastendredgal85

it should be One for the bristol city.....or drink up thee zyder! theres just something about those songs!!!

or maybe, just maaaybe, we could sing our own songs, and create so much noise that they wouldnt need to bother playing music???? hahahaha.

##o the tune of a partridge in a pear tree*....and on the tweflth game on the trot, my city gave 2 me, sheffield wednesday 0 - bristol city threeee

I like the tunes they come out to; some decent rock music unlike the merde they play today in the play-it-safe British charts. God how the music in this country has plummeted since the late 80s.....

And PLEASE..... NOT the damned Wurzels.... they are ok for a laugh and listening to once, but heck they aren't proper music. Rustic fun, that's what they are and good luck to them but I wouldn't like listening to them every other week... ugh no thanks.

I like the tunes they come out to; some decent rock music unlike the merde they play today in the play-it-safe British charts.  God how the music in this country has plummeted since the late 80s.....

And PLEASE..... NOT the damned Wurzels.... they are ok for a laugh and listening to once, but heck they aren't proper music.  Rustic fun, that's what they are and good luck to them but I wouldn't like listening to them every other week... ugh no thanks.

If its decent rock music you're after I would humbly suggest that

British Sea Power

Cosmic Rough Riders

Broken Family Band

Keane (unfortunate name but great band)

Snow Patrol

Hot Hot Heat

Electric Six

The Vessels

Grim Northern Social

The Raveonettes

Jet

Kings Of Leon

Muse

Feeder

The Coral

... to name but fifteen, more than match up to anything from the late eighties.

I'd love to hear "Run" by Snow Patrol, not at the start of the game but at the end, win, lose or draw ...

Oh yes, and the Wurzels greatest hits album contains (roughly) 16 songs about sh&gging, ten songs about drinking and four songs about both sh&gging AND drinking. Isn't that rock'n'roll enough for you ? :D

British Sea Power

Cosmic Rough Riders

Broken Family Band

Snow Patrol

Hot Hot Heat

Electric Six

The Vessels

Grim Northern Social

The Raveonettes

Jet

Kings Of Leon

Muse

Feeder

The Coral

I'd love to hear "Run" by Snow Patrol, not at the start of the game but at the end, win, lose or draw ...

Oh yes, and the Wurzels greatest hits album contains (roughly) 16 songs about sh&gging, ten songs about drinking and four songs about both sh&gging AND drinking. Isn't that rock'n'roll enough for you ? :me?:

What impeccable taste you have sir :D

British Sea Power

Cosmic Rough Riders

Broken Family Band

Snow Patrol

Hot Hot Heat

Electric Six

The Vessels

Grim Northern Social

The Raveonettes

Jet

Kings Of Leon

Muse

Feeder

The Coral

Oh yes, and the Wurzels greatest hits album contains (roughly) 16 songs about sh&gging, ten songs about drinking and four songs about both sh&gging AND drinking. Isn't that rock'n'roll enough for you ?  :D

Absolutely we need to get dragged into this sentry, I would love to see us running out to "That great love sound by the Raveonettes. ( hence my siggie), or the Libertines, Mescaleros, Yeah Yeah Yeahs anything other than the "old standards" or wurzeleze stuff.

Dragged into this sentry?  What sentry is that? The ones outside Buckingham Palace?  No thanks, the're not my type...

if you mean this CENTURY then I can understand!

Good god what was I thinking! :D Obviously two long days and 400 miles of driving took it's toll I humbly apologise of course. (And I haven't even told a bad taste/racist joke. Ann Winterton take note!)

Guest city slicker 71

The best music there ever was at Ashton was when they came out first to a roasting then kept waiting until the boys appeared with roars of approval. Another very unsubtle device to take the sting out of Saturday Afternoons.

RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW(Tennyson)

Miserlou? :cool: Pantera Walk :D Roni Size? :laugh: I do know 1 for the Bristol City and Drinkup the cider by them Wurzels sod Yeovil them Wurzels be ours :Party12:  :Party27:
Walk by Pantera, would be a little heavy i feel, heh

I Wouldnt Mind Running out to Fat Boy Slim- Right Here, orGreat Eescape or something.

Guest malaggro

I think we should run out to WHITE RIOT by THE CLASH.

If that don't get 'em going they may as well finish off nailing the box shut!!

Go on Joe, that's the way son.

Yours whilst wallowing in memories.

Mal :cool:

I think we should run out to WHITE RIOT by THE CLASH.

If that don't get 'em going they may as well finish off nailing the box shut!!

Go on Joe, that's the way son.

Yours whilst wallowing in memories.

Mal  :cool:

Swansea used to run out to White Riot at the Vetch.

I can imagine the East End turning into a massive mosh pit if we had it at the Gate. Lovely! :sport18:

Old Joe would be proud of us!

Guest Hodges17

how about 'glory glory bristol city' describing the fans who have suddenly started to turn up now youre actually for once not going to bottle it?

No thanks, that song has a high cringe factor. However its interesting remarking on the supporters who crawl out of the woodwork because of the good run City are on; the same would of course happen to the Gas if the Gas were successful but that's asking for the moon on a stick isn't it?

You'll have to imagine the Gas winning a few games and getting up to the play-off places because in real life that's not going to happen. It would be interesting to see the number of fans Rovers would get if they were gunning for promotion. I suppose you'd get 10,000 but that would include 2,000 visiting supporters.

Guest Hodges17
No thanks, that song has a high cringe factor. However its interesting remarking on the supporters who crawl out of the woodwork because of the good run City are on; the same would of course happen to the Gas if the Gas were successful but that's asking for the moon on a stick isn't it?

You'll have to imagine the Gas winning a few games and getting up to the play-off places because in real life that's not going to happen. It would be interesting to see the number of fans Rovers would get if they were gunning for promotion. I suppose you'd get 10,000 but that would include 2,000 visiting supporters.

Hey fct - i was just noting that BCFC have had a lot of fans crawling out of the woodwork - nothing to be taken away from you loyal reds, well done on a good season, i dont wish you all the best because i'm blue, but well done all the same.

The same would happen to the Gas - correct.

Gas are #### at the moment - correct.

2000 fans will fit into the away end at BRFC - wrong.

Guest Hodges17

It doesnt matter because rovers in a 17000 all seater will never happen;

Geoff Dunford always puts these stories into the press when we are going through a particularly sh|te period to keep the fans off his back.

Hmm...he doesn't seem to be doing a good job, hiring and firing at will.... the players must take some responsibility and I still think it was a big mistake in sacking Hollowhead, he didn't deserve that.

Guest Hodges17

Agreed - IH should still be our manager - he would never take some of the poor performances us blues have seen.

We need a proven manager - Wilson esque.

Agreed IH should still be Gas manager. You probably didn't see this forum when he was sacked but he did get a fair degree of sympathy, even from us. He may be a Gashead but he has got some grudging respect in some quarters here. Not that any of us would actually ADMIT it.

Guest Hodges17

That Said, JW should never have been fired from Gas - he'd have taken us up, and he'd never have managed you lot - we'd be laughing at you from above then........

Aye footy is a mass of ifs and buts. Still, I think the finger should be pointing at your chairman as to how the Gas have got to where they are today. We had a scheiss chairman a few years back but thankfully he was thrown overboard and we got someone who has common sense tattooed on his forehead.

Guest Hodges17
we got someone who has common sense tattooed on his forehead.

Thats unfortunate. He must get a few funny looks when walking down the street :cool:

Seriously though, at board level i agree we have been let down.

Archived