IGNORED

What Time You Leaving For Sheffield?

Guest Red_Rat

Guest Red_Rat

i was wondering what everyone thought was a sensible time to leave for Sheffeild, because i am not quite sure?

What time are you all leaving?

Guest Ricky BCFC
What time does the game kick off, anyone know?
I heard a rumour 3pm, not sure how reliable my source is though. :D

I'm going on CATS who are leaving at 9am.

• Admin
I've heard rumours of people going up on Saturday when on my fixture list it says Sheffield Wednesday. Anyone know which day we play them?
Well, my list says we have Wycombe Tuesday so if we have Sheffield Wednesday then someone at the Football League is having a laugh :D

Just how did Sheffield Wednesday get that name?
Sheffield Wednesday FC was formed in 1867 by the members of an existing cricket club. The name "Wednesday" arose because the players were only free to play cricket or soccer on Wednesday afternoons. The football club is the fifth oldest League club in the world. For various political reasons, Wednesday declined the opportunity of becoming a founder member of the Football League. However, one of Wednesday's founders, Charles Stokes, went on to found Sheffield United in 1889.

Guest Red_Rat

That kinda didnt answer my question

because the driver is on about leaving at 1030

and in many ways i feel that would be way too early,just incase of traffic or any scenario.

is 1030 too late??

Guest Ricky BCFC

It depends if you're planning on stopping on the way really.

CATS are laving at 9, but usually end up stopping at the services for an hour on the way.

If your just planning to go straight there without stopping then 10:30 might be OK.

Guest WestburyRed

9am from Westbury, Wilts, straight up the A429 then the B4455 (stupidly straight Roman road), although if this weather stays like it is I may set out earlier and head straight up to the M4 and stick to the longer Motorway route, probably safer.

Archived