IGNORED

Weather In Sheffield/Game Off or On?

Guest Topbuzz

The police in Sheffield will make a decision whether tomorrows games can go ahead, even though the pitch is ok the surrounding areas of sheffield are very bad indeed. I phoned Wednesday this morning & got this response.

Fingers Crossed for the match to be played :sport19:

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

it would be a shame if its called off because i, like many others might not be able to make the rearranged game :cool:

I keep telling y'all, it has to be postponed as Sheffield are on their knees and have many of their best players out.

The rearranged date will be when they have them back and are on a run, mark my words. Its too much to expect City to play a team in the situation Wednesday are in now; we always get teams who have just sacked managers and are therefore playing better.

It seem like they are struggling to put a team together because of injuries and suspensions. The fans are getting restless and now they are out of the LDV. They are dreading playing us due to our current form and the huge fans following we will have....If the gritting lorries are driven by Owls fans they might not exactly be working too hard clearing the roads around the ground! :cool:

this snow in Sheffield has me VERY worried. I know they have undersoil heating etc, but what if it snows overnight!?!

PLEASE be on! I've been looking forward to this one for ages and it's a big day out for us all.

But regardless, I think the uncertainty will hit the number of away fans. I think many people who would have gone not won't if it's snowing etc and especially if people are still in doubt as to whether or not it will be on.

Hopefully news will get through that it is ON in time for people to still be able to travel.

Guest puddy_bcfc

well tom is GOD he knows all, and tom said it will be ok, so there. dont worry _bcfc_ has high contact's in the sheffield police, I'm sure he can come to some arrangement.

:P

Guest cidersam

i hope it goes ahead!!!!!!!! Been having alot of banter with a sheff wed fan all week and now i'm really looking forward to it, I'll be gutted if its called off

eerrr looking at the forecast on BBC Interactive teletext, tonight will se the Sheffield area have temperatures or around -3 which is prob right as down south is about 0/-1, Sat forecast is also the same with temperatures in Sheff and Leeds around the -4 mark with wintery snow showers but in all honesty The game will go ahead in my opinion!

thanks, john kettley

Guest TommyCraig

Sat here in Sheffield City centre looking out of the office window. I'm sure the game will go ahead. Major roads already clear of snow.

Pitching clearing due to undersoil heating (see Wednesday website)

More snow forecast, but will have to wait and see!

Pitch inspection tomorrow morning 8.30 but I'm convinced it will go ahead. Last one called off at Hillsbourgh 10 years ago.

4,000 tomorrow? is a good following.

anyone remember 1990 / 1991 season when Wednesday travelled to Ashton Gate? major snowfall in Sheffield and most of the country. Your tannoy system advised Wednesday fans to travel home at half-time due to adverse weather conditions.

Hope you all have a good journey.

Guest cidersam

Just been on sheff wed forum and most seem to think the game will go ahead. Apparently the pitch is already clear of snow!

Lets hop theres no more overnight!!

COME-ON-YOU-REDS

Guest Ricky BCFC

Yes but it's not the pitch that's the problem, they've got that covered. It's the safety of the surrounding area that is in doubt.

I think the game will be on though.

• Admin

I hope it gets played, due to my normal lift going to Lanzarote yesterday, I am back on CATS for the day.

Unfortunately thise means getting the 0655 bus up from Weston, to get to Bristol on time.

Will be a bugger if its off !

Fingers crossed . . . :cool:

• Admin

Something a little more positive from their board:

"i'm pretty certain that the game will go ahead.

the pitch will be fine. (unless we have about 5 inches of snow) wednesday need the game to get the go-ahead because of financial reasons.

i'm sure they'll come to an agreement in the morning. "

Archived